Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of the QBs in this draft are franchise caliber. None of them are on Blake Bortles level. I don't even know if Goff or Paxton Lynch are better than Bridgewater. We'd be making a big mistake drafting Lynch or Goff. Or God forbid, Jerry falls in love with Connor Cook :mjcry:

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
How many years have the Jets had a great defense and bullshyt at QB, and what has that gotten them? Ravens for as good as their D has been over the last decade, won the chip a few years ago basically because Joe Flacco played out of his mind.

Chiefs D is on point this year but I guarantee they won't make the SB with Smith at QB.

I'm not saying one is less important or whatever, but it's a QB's league. If you don't have a QB, you don't have shyt.

I get what ur saying tho need a competent ass qb and really good pieces around him too offset him not being elite
Like above average rb ol wr etc....

Way I look at it is u need balance on both sides but if not rather be more elite on defense than offense cuz ur more likely to stay alive

We have elite oline
Elite wr who just needs a legit #2
Rb we have average just need a boost
Te we don't know cuz we don't use nobody but damn witten

Get a average qb we should be fine

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
He'll Denver defense kept them afloat why manning was :flabbynsick:

Chiefs defense killing opps on this win streak

Yea we could use offense but rather get even better on defense and have that depth imo

Plus need to see more of kellen not enough to go by at least he was moving the ball but wasn't accurate either growing pains comes along with it

I wanna see showers think he a better fit tho

We don't need a big time rb either could use another one

McFadden actually did well and I like turbin and Dunbar is lethal

Need to use Escobar more tho and Hanna
Wr we need to put lucky and butler on there

Need a damn dt and cb
Twan no one in here is against going defense, but anyone downplaying this deficient offense is delusional. Our defense is holding teams under 20 points 8 of our last 10 games and we have only 2 wins to show for it. How is that not indicative of how trash the offense is.

Everyone saying the offense has talent, tell me what PLAYOFF team Twill would be a number 2 receiver for? What PLAYOFF team would Beasley be the slot? Witten is a legend, and the 2nd best TE of all time, but he can only run underneath routes at this point in his career.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
None of the QBs in this draft are franchise caliber? None of them are on Blake Bortles level. I don't even know if Goff or Paxton Lynch are better than Bridgewater. We'd be making a big mistake drafting Lynch or Goff. Or God forbid, Jerry falls in love with Connor Cook :mjcry:

He wants manziel that's all he praying he get released

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Twan no one in here is against going defense, but anyone downplaying this deficient offense is delusional. Our defense is holding teams under 20 points 8 of our last 10 games and we have only 2 wins to show for it. How is that not indicative of how trash the offense is.

Everyone saying the offense has talent, tell me what PLAYOFF team Twill would be a number 2 receiver for? What PLAYOFF team would Beasley be the slot? Witten is a legend, and the 2nd best TE of all time, but he can only run underneath routes at this point in his career.

I don't have a issue going offense but the best players a top are defense which we should take

We do need another damn wr tho hate twill ass wonder if Butler take his place at least

Te wise we don't get others a chance which is the problem

A part of me wants to draft down so we can't stock pile picks and fill the needs but I look at Garrett and just :mjcry: cuz he our coach :to:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I get what ur saying tho need a competent ass qb and really good pieces around him too offset him not being elite
Like above average rb ol wr etc....

Way I look at it is u need balance on both sides but if not rather be more elite on defense than offense cuz ur more likely to stay alive

We have elite oline
Elite wr who just needs a legit #2
Rb we have average just need a boost
Te we don't know cuz we don't use nobody but damn witten

Get a average qb we should be fine

What team is consistently contending with an average QB? You can make a one year run, but the perennial contenders year in and year out all have an elite QB.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yes even with Romo. Look at how bad the offense performed without Dez. The first Eagirls game, our offense looked like complete shyt. Look at a team like the Packers. Is their scheme all a sudden trash because Jordy Nelson is hurt? Our #2 WR cant catch with his hands and allows teams to double dez. How is this acceptable? Look at the Jets. They have two legitimate threats at receiver and is making Fitz look serviceable.
It's not trash but i think people are underestimating how valuable Jordy is to that team. Outside of Moss Brady has never had a true #1 WR, but the system allows them to make #2-3 WR look somewhat decent. Look at the Eagles before TO for example, McNabb was putting up numbers with guys like Freddie Mitchell & Todd fukking Pinkston. Thank God he had Staley & Westbrook or he would've been another Ryan Leaf.
Defense over offense in majority sports just at least have a average offense and elite defense u can win chips it's been proven

Ravens
Seattle
Spurs
Pistons
Warriors
Cowboys
Bucs
:jbhmm:

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need qb and db. Everything else coming along d law is turning Into a beast. Really qb is what is really killing us. Healthy romo we would have maybe 3-5 losses this season. Rb and line are good as usual. Made McFadden a top 5 back. This line is so god damn good its scary. McFadden has 1k yrds and didn't start the first like 5 games. Dude would be at around 1.3k to 1.5k if he'd started from jump.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We need qb and db. Everything else coming along d law is turning Into a beast. Really qb is what is really killing us. Healthy romo we would have maybe 3-5 losses this season. Rb and line are good as usual. Made McFadden a top 5 back. This line is so god damn good its scary. McFadden has 1k yrds and didn't start the first like 5 games. Dude would be at around 1.3k to 1.5k if he'd started from jump.
Add in the fact he didn't have a passing threat most of the games. Not sure why folks saying we need a RB. We have more pressing issues. Now if Fournette or Cook were in this draft then that'll be different

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Add in the fact he didn't have a passing threat most of the games. Not sure why folks saying we need a RB. We have more pressing issues. Now if Fournette or Cook were in this draft then that'll be different
They don't really watch football if they think starting a little over half the season and being top 10 in rushing is normal. This team ain't bad with out romo. It's bad because the qbs couldn't get anyone the ball. A lot of open receivers not getting chances.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
No QB we take or sign this offseason gives us a better chance to win right now then a healthy Romo. It's only been this season and 2010 that he has missed a significant chunk of the season so i will hold out hope that he can give us another year or 2 of elite play. We do need to have a capable option at QB who we can develop but one of these guys may slip to the 2nd so we shouldnt worry about getting our guy early. Just take the best player available and hope that it works out. Which is basically what the draft is all about anyway.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Lynch comes on today vs Auburn. Im intrigued to see how he plays today compared to Goff :jbhmm: