Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
if we don't address the defense in the draft we're gonna end the season just like we did in 14, an NFC QB finishing us off at the end of the game...
Ramsey helps the defense, but Elliott helps the offense and the defense. Zeke gives us a much more diverse gameplan so teams can't just double Dez and shut our O down.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ramsey helps the defense, but Elliott helps the offense and the defense. Zeke gives us a much more diverse gameplan so teams can't just double Dez and shut our O down.
True. If we dont take him though i still see us having a balanced attack with the morris addition. I feel like people sleeping on that pick up

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The closer we get to the draft the more I think it will be a mistake to not go defense early and often. Regardless of anything the offense is capable of doing with Elliott, there are going to be games where the defense is going to be on the field at the end of the game and we will need a stop or a turnover and they wont be able to do it, and everyone here has seen it. New Orleans and Philly last year, two OT games where offense doesn't even get to touch the ball. Go back to the playoff game in GB, even after Dez was robbed of the catch we still had a chance to win the game if the defense could get a stop, they couldn't. I'm trading down into the teens and getting a Lee, Rankins or Billings in the first, a safety and a pass rusher in the 2nd. I've been scouting Noah Spence he looks like everything Randy Gregory was supposed to be. They need to build a bully on that side of the ball in the mold of Carolina, Arizona, or Seattle

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The closer we get to the draft the more I think it will be a mistake to not go defense early and often. Regardless of anything the offense is capable of doing with Elliott, there are going to be games where the defense is going to be on the field at the end of the game and we will need a stop or a turnover and they wont be able to do it, and everyone here has seen it. New Orleans and Philly last year, two OT games where offense doesn't even get to touch the ball. Go back to the playoff game in GB, even after Dez was robbed of the catch we still had a chance to win the game if the defense could get a stop, they couldn't. I'm trading down into the teens and getting a Lee, Rankins or Billings in the first, a safety and a pass rusher in the 2nd. I've been scouting Noah Spence he looks like everything Randy Gregory was supposed to be. They need to build a bully on that side of the ball in the mold of Carolina, Arizona, or Seattle
from your lips to god's ears. hell i think we need to invest two whole drafts into that raggedy group. i still don't like the linebackers for example. :manny:

how many teams do we see getting to the super bowl with strictly offense. saints and maybe packers? everybody else got a stout D or at least an opportunistic one like the packers.

nah jason garret snake ass has been here since '07 and we've invested a lot of money and picks onto that side of the ball. he needs to figure it out. this zeke talk got to stop brehs.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
from your lips to god's ears. hell i think we need to invest two whole drafts into that raggedy group. i still don't like the linebackers for example. :manny:

how many teams do we see getting to the super bowl with strictly offense. saints and maybe packers? everybody else got a stout D or at least an opportunistic one like the packers.

nah jason garret snake ass has been here since '07 and we've invested a lot of money and picks onto that side of the ball. he needs to figure it out. this zeke talk got to stop brehs.
They keep trying to pump high end resources into the skilled positions on that side of the ball to out-talent teams because the HC isn't competent enough to out-scheme them. McFadden aint a bell cow but a rotation of him, Morris, and Dunbar as a receiving back is more than enough to contend in this sorry ass division. Coughlin won 2 super bowls and Garrett still out lived him :mjlol:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
They keep trying to pump high end resources into the skilled positions on that side of the ball to out-talent teams because the HC isn't competent enough to out-scheme them. McFadden aint a bell cow but a rotation of him, Morris, and Dunbar as a receiving back is more than enough to contend in this sorry ass division. Coughlin won 2 super bowls and Garrett still out lived him :mjlol:

Not enough daps possible to show how true this fukkin statement is.

This is part of the reason I don't want our QB of the future. People really trust Garrett to develop him? :pachaha:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Zeke>>>> any of the top defensive prospects in this draft

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Dmc did good last year but can we trust that hell stay healthy the whole season. if were not taking zeke tho i agree we need to stockpile picks. This is from a month ago but if we can hustle the titans out 15 33 an 45 this is what i would do
1) Darron lee/pax lynch
2) karl joseph
2)billings/nkemdiche
2) xavien howard
3) kenneth dixon

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
if we don't address the defense in the draft we're gonna end the season just like we did in 14, an NFC QB finishing us off at the end of the game...
No were not. Maybe we won't get shafted on a call or the running back won't fumble when he probably has td if he doesn't which also changed momentum. That game your playing can be done both ways

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No were not. Maybe we won't get shafted on a call or the running back won't fumble when he probably has td if he doesn't which also changed momentum. That game your playing can be done both ways
You can choose to be naive about it if you want but defense wins chanpionships..thats a fact. Bottom line is, you and me both know what happens if a good/decent QB gets the ball last against this current unit.. we lose the game. Weve seen it time and time again. Fumbles happen. Bad calls happen. But if you can get stops you can overcome those. We could have beat GB if our D could get a stop. Look at the recent SB winners..all good-to-great defenses. Hell just last year Broncos won with an anemic offensive performance, they would have got killed otherwise. And youre gonna sit here and downplay defensive impact?.