Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh this thread has gotten so out of hand I can barely read a page without the :yeahok: face...

People saying not taking a QB at 4...really:yeahok:

We outright had the worst QB play in the league last year when Romo got hurt...But we don't need to draft a QB

We played 3 quarterbacks and all three were progressively worse than the last guy he replaced...but we don't need to draft a QB...

People saying don't take a WR at 4...really...:yeahok:

We outright had the worst receiver play in the league when Dez got hurt...But we don't need to draft a WR...

We didn't have one receiver who could get open consistently after Dez got hurt...but we don't need to draft a WR...

fukking Witten played on two sprained knees and he was able to get open more than T Rex and Beasely...but we don't need to draft a WR...

People out here wanting to get better on defensive...

Meanwhile in real life...we were next to last in points per game...bottom 10 in yards per game and that is WITH US BEING TOP 10 IN RUSHING...bottom 5 in throwing the ball...

Bottom 5 offensive in everything but running the ball...but we don't need a QB...and we don't need a WR...somehow we need a defensive end and that is going to help us not be the second worst scoring team in the NFL:yeahok:

I aint never seen no shyt like our QB play last year in my life...Weeden and Cassell threw the ball into single coverage probably 70% of the time and the passing game was still horrendous...but we don't need a QB or WR though...
Taking a WR at 4 would be inexplicable...if your gonna take a WR trade back

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the problem with drafting Ramsey.

He's garbage at CB.

We don't need another bum who gives 10 yard cushions on every goddamn play and lets the WR catch the ball in front of him and proceeds to make a "solid tackle"

:camby:
People were saying similar things about Byron jones..I think the versatility would be a nice addition

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I like that argument for QB in the 1st round...

I'm down for a QB, I have not one problem with it. We have to think about this, we don't plan on being in the top half of the draft anytime soon (please God don't let us be), so why not take a top QB talent and have him on the roster. Couldn't hurt. Those other positions we can get later in the draft...QB is a priority and I think the Jones' and Garret and co. feel the same. Wouldn't be surprised if they stay at 4 (or at least in the top 8-10) and snag a QB up

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
I would rather trade with san fran and take lynch at 7 ratger than goff at 4 :yeshrug:
Or take him at 15 with both of the rams seconds while they gamble on goff or wentz.

Yall seen my mocks but yall aint fukkin with em

:mjcry:

We dont need a day one starter at qb. We can afford to take one in the later rounds to develop him. Enter dak prescott who alredy has an established relationship with the coached and an understanding of how this offense works and might possibly be there in the 4th rounds.

Jerry should be on the phone with jeff fisher as we speak trying to skimp em out those two second rnd picks and the 15 overall pick.

1) daron lee or paxton lynch
2) jackson III or xavien howard
2) nkemdiche or billings
2) karl joseph or darian thompson

Look at this brehs, this could be 4 starters right off the bat within 2 rounds. Envision this defense with me brehs.

giphy.gif

3) paul perkins/alex collins/ cj prosise/ kenneth dixon fukk it just take a rb who fits in the system

4) dak prescott or best DE if we take lynch at 15

:blessed:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or take him at 15 with both of the rams seconds while they gamble on goff or wentz.

Yall seen my mocks but yall aint fukkin with em

:mjcry:

We dont need a day one starter at qb. We can afford to take one in the later rounds to develop him. Enter dak prescott who alredy has an established relationship with the coached and an understanding of how this offense works and might possibly be there in the 4th rounds.

Jerry should be on the phone with jeff fisher as we speak trying to skimp em out those two second rnd picks and the 15 overall pick.

1) daron lee or paxton lynch
2) jackson III or xavien howard
2) nkemdiche or billings
2) karl joseph or darian thompson

Look at this brehs, this could be 4 starters right off the bat within 2 rounds. Envision this defense with me brehs.

giphy.gif

3) paul perkins/alex collins/ cj prosise/ kenneth dixon fukk it just take a rb who fits in the system

4) dak prescott or best DE if we take lynch at 15

:blessed:
Lynch may not be there at 15. I don't want to risk not getting a top 3 qb so I'll Settle for nines second. your scenario to risky bruh. :whoa:Nobody enters the draft with pick 4 and ends the day with Darron Lee, sorry

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Lynch may not be there at 15. I don't want to risk not getting a top 3 qb so I'll Settle for nines second. your scenario to risky bruh. :whoa:Nobody enters the draft with pick 4 and ends the day with Darron Lee, sorry
This. Plus Darron Lee plays Sean Lees position in this defense.

Stay at 4 and take Goff or Wentz, or trade down to 7 and get Lynch

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Shouldn't we be more worried about what the Cowboys are going to do with "Gator Man" before Beasley. :mjlol:

457963804.jpg

nikka can only catch with his chest. :mjlol: :laff:

101914-giants-cowboys-600.jpg

6_3899432.png

terrance-williams-nfl-houston-texans-dallas-cowboys-850x560.jpg

marcus-burley-terrance-williams-nfl-dallas-cowboys-seattle-seahawks.jpg
Man, i been done wit that nikka since Dez' absence exposed this nikka. WR is a huge need on this team.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Who are these defensive players that will bring immediate impact :jbhmm:
So you think 1 of these QBs is going to come in on some 01 Tom Brady shyt? This is a draft where the later round QBs might actually turn out better than the first rounders. I've never seen a group of QBs where analysts have looked more like they're talking people into liking them instead of just letting the tape speak for itself:mjlol:
Ramsey and his 0ints last season would fit right in :francis:

Jack plays the same position as Sean Lee and has injury concerns :francis:
A CB having 0 ints could be 1 of 2 things, and that's not being thrown at or not capable of getting picks. Jack had 1 injury so there are no concerns of him being injury prone, it was just a freak accident during practice.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
So you think 1 of these QBs is going to come in on some 01 Tom Brady shyt? This is a draft where the later round QBs might actually turn out better than the first rounders. I've never seen a group of QBs where analysts have looked more like they're talking people into liking them instead of just letting the tape speak for itself:mjlol:

A CB having 0 ints could be 1 of 2 things, and that's not being thrown at or not capable of getting picks. Jack had 1 injury so there are no concerns of him being injury prone, it was just a freak accident during practice.
This is what people who want to draft a QB later make up as an excuse to skip on a QB early on.

You can literally use that same excuse for any player in the draft. Theres corners, Lbers, de's, any position you name it, that later round guys end up better than.

No one besides Gruden is saying one of these later round QBs will be better than the top 3.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
This. Plus Darron Lee plays Sean Lees position in this defense.

Stay at 4 and take Goff or Wentz, or trade down to 7 and get Lynch
Yall wild for passing up on 4 picks within the first 45 picks