Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This is what people who want to draft a QB later make up as an excuse to skip on a QB early on.

You can literally use that same excuse for any player in the draft. Theres corners, Lbers, de's, any position you name it, that later round guys end up better than.

No one besides Gruden is saying one of these later round QBs will be better than the top 3.
And all these "top QBs" have some very big flaws attached to them, this just boils down to the Cowboys sucking at the worst time when they need a QB. If they take Goff or Wentz it is what it is, but i see all pro potential from Jack, Ramsey, & Elliott.
we're in the minority breh on him. we'll just have to wait and see who's right. i thought he looked clumsy last year.
He's too stiff to be a CB but he looked damn good at S.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Byron needs to put on some weight and grow a pair. Nice guys in the secondary is a bad thing. I need the dog to come out that dude.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
And all these "top QBs" have some very big flaws attached to them, this just boils down to the Cowboys sucking at the worst time when they need a QB. If they take Goff or Wentz it is what it is at
Every QB coming out has flaws
but i see all pro potential from Jack, Ramsey, & Elliott.
Thats fair, but having an all-pro LB, Safety, or RB wont matter without a QB :comeon:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
And all these "top QBs" have some very big flaws attached to them, this just boils down to the Cowboys sucking at the worst time when they need a QB. If they take Goff or Wentz it is what it is, but i see all pro potential from Jack, Ramsey, & Elliott.

He's too stiff to be a CB but he looked damn good at S.
Bold is where I'm at. Too many times at cb its was his ass always getting roasted in the clutch (it was only 2/3 times but always seemed critical when it happened lol)

I think Byron needs to put on some weight and grow a pair. Nice guys in the secondary is a bad thing. I need the dog to come out that dude.
Dont got shyt to do with growing a pair dude just isn't that good at cb to me.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bold is where I'm at. Too many times at cb its was his ass always getting roasted in the clutch (it was only 2/3 times but always seemed critical when it happened lol)

Dont got shyt to do with growing a pair dude just isn't that good at cb to me.
I'm not talking about him as a cb. I'm talking as a DB period. He won't make it without confidence which is what fukked up Mo

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'm not talking about him as a cb. I'm talking as a DB period. He won't make it without confidence which is what fukked up Mo
Ok what I said still applies. He dont have a lack of confidence dude just not that good at corner hence why he always seems to be fukking up there. At safety he good

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Troy P was a nice guy and dudes voice was extra soft. One of the best to ever do it tho:yeshrug:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He looked real comfortable at S against TB, they need him there exclusively and not get cute with this multiple positions bullshyt. Playing/learning both positions really hurt him last year.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would taking a wide receiver at 4 be inexplicable when we have exactly 1 wide receiver on our team who can catch the ball and do something with it?
The first wr is expected to be taken around the teens...taking one at 4 would be Ted Ginn Jr status, Considering we can get value with a trade back. That's all I'm saying

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ANALYSIS
Strengths

Claiborne is an aggressive cover man who likes to use his tall frame and long arms to get up in the face of receivers and shock them at the line of scrimmage to disrupt timing. When he punches, he doesn't just get his hands there, he makes his presence felt. He can run with his back to the ball at the receiver's hip using a press/bail technique and looks natural running with his man in-phase while still keeping an eye towards the ball. Claiborne is such a gifted athlete with uncommon body control that he runs with his man fluidly up and down the field while still keeping the wherewithal to break off at any time and get involved in plays coming across him. As a zone defender, he is simply an explosive athlete with length and can keep plays in front of him and react quick enough to meet the man at the ball. He is physical in run support and will have no problem coming up to tackle from the edge.

:martin: