Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
If Romo gets hurt a rookie qb not gonna do much better than any of them sorry ass backups we have. We would have a poor record again and be able to select a qb in the next draft if we wanted to. I like the idea of a dual threat qb behind this line. It would be unstoppable

A duel threat QB:dahellwhat:

You got a top 5 receiver and still a top 7 or 8 tight end and you want a QB who is going to take off running :dahellwhat:

You got the best line in football and you want a QB who is going to take off running :dahellwhat:

Dual threat QB aint doing shyt for this team. Dual threat QB is only doing something for a team who's offensive line sucks and who's receivers suck. Like Seattle. Like Carolina. You need a qb to scramble and take off running when he got to wait 9 seconds for Bum ass Baldwin and Crappy ass Cotchery to get open. Not when you can just turn and throw it to Dez or throw it to Witten for 5 yards every time.

At least with a rookie QB you find out if he can be the guy of the future. No QB on our roster right now is even close to being a guy who could take over this team when Romo hangs it up.

Cowboys need to be doing two things at the QB position. They need to get a really good backup for Romo in case (when) he gets hurt the season doesn't go down the toilet, or they need to draft a rookie QB who if Romo gets hurt the season is going down the toilet but at least you get to throw your rookie out there and see how he looks. They didn't do the first thing so...otherwise Romo gets hurt...you got some bum back there that is not going to be on the team going forward and now the season was a total waste...you didn't win and you didn't get a step closer to finding Romo's replacement.

This whole "draft a qb later" or "all these qb's are overrated" doesn't make any sense to me. How are these qb's in this draft more overrated than the QB's in next years draft? Or the year after that? What are we supposed to be doing, waiting for the next Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers and then we just gonna magically be able to draft that guy?:fukkouttaherenikka:. And how are these dudes overrated? What expectation does anyone have of these quarterbacks in year 1 or year 2?

You don't take a QB this year and then Dallas wins 10 - 12 games every year and at least a playoff game and Romo retires and you got the 19th pick and good look turning the franchise over to Dildo Cacface out of Indiana because well that was the best QB available at number 19 in 2020...

shyt we gonna fukk around and end up with Dead Arm Vaughan back on this team

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slot is the easiest of the WR positions because the CB can't really jam you up, if they're able to get Sterling then i tell Beasley to take his fumbles to another team.
The crazy part is Shepard can be an outside guy too. Peep Leonte Caroo as well (even tho he smacked his girl up in the past) he's another antonio brown route runner type that would smash the slot and still go outside. I'm tired of strictly slot guys and I don't like how Beasley has a comfortable spot on the team because he's chummy with Romo. :camby:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

You got a top 5 receiver and still a top 7 or 8 tight end and you want a QB who is going to take off running :dahellwhat:

You got the best line in football and you want a QB who is going to take off running :dahellwhat:

Dual threat QB aint doing shyt for this team. Dual threat QB is only doing something for a team who's offensive line sucks and who's receivers suck. Like Seattle. Like Carolina. You need a qb to scramble and take off running when he got to wait 9 seconds for Bum ass Baldwin and Crappy ass Cotchery to get open. Not when you can just turn and throw it to Dez or throw it to Witten for 5 yards every time.

At least with a rookie QB you find out if he can be the guy of the future. No QB on our roster right now is even close to being a guy who could take over this team when Romo hangs it up.

Cowboys need to be doing two things at the QB position. They need to get a really good backup for Romo in case (when) he gets hurt the season doesn't go down the toilet, or they need to draft a rookie QB who if Romo gets hurt the season is going down the toilet but at least you get to throw your rookie out there and see how he looks. They didn't do the first thing so...otherwise Romo gets hurt...you got some bum back there that is not going to be on the team going forward and now the season was a total waste...you didn't win and you didn't get a step closer to finding Romo's replacement.

This whole "draft a qb later" or "all these qb's are overrated" doesn't make any sense to me. How are these qb's in this draft more overrated than the QB's in next years draft? Or the year after that? What are we supposed to be doing, waiting for the next Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers and then we just gonna magically be able to draft that guy?:fukkouttaherenikka:. And how are these dudes overrated? What expectation does anyone have of these quarterbacks in year 1 or year 2?

You don't take a QB this year and then Dallas wins 10 - 12 games every year and at least a playoff game and Romo retires and you got the 19th pick and good look turning the franchise over to Dildo Cacface out of Indiana because well that was the best QB available at number 19 in 2020...

:salute:

Been saying this for the longest. Some fans want us to:

Take a corner at 4 and take a qb to develop later in the draft :jbhmm:

Yet we can take the best/better qb in the draft at 4 and get a DE/Safety/Corner/RB later in the draft :jbhmm:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol I'm down with getting Goff or Lynch. we need to come out of round 1 with one of them and trading back up for lynch after taking Bosa would be dumb

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
I've never seen Beasley ever make a play..

Just because he was a little slot white WR the media was actin like he was Wes Welker :dead:

Fascinating
RomoToBeasley.gif

BeasleyTD.gif

Beasley.gif

Beasley-24-yd-TD-EZ.gif

Beas as the slot aint the problem brehs

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beasley is a limited player, who cost us games with his fumbling issues.

I swear some of you only look at the defense as the unit that needs upgrading :francis:
If anything we need a legit #2 imo

Carolina and Seattle both have had decent o-line in the past and you saw the benefits of having a dual threat qb. Your acting like a dual threat is a negative there is absolutely nothing wrong with having another running weapon in the backfield. It's pure benefit. Romo wouldn't have the injury problems he had if he could take off and avoid pressure like he could in the past. To me it's a no-brainer..yea you want a guy that can dissect a secondary but having a dude that could take off would be beyond deadly with our line. To say they wouldn't do shyt on this team is honestly outlandish. You're telling me a cam or Russell Wilson wouldn't do serious damage on this team with our line?.c'mon fam stop it

I don't want us to be searching for qb's down the line but drafting one at 4 is flat out wasteful. Any of the top defensive dudes could help out now..potentially alot. We've seen alot of high drafted defensive players come in and make an immediate impact. None of these qb's impress me (and apparently the cowboys) to the point where you just have to take them at 4. There isn't a large gap talent wise between Wentz, goff, lynch, etc..

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
If anything we need a legit #2 imo

Carolina and Seattle both have had decent o-line in the past and you saw the benefits of having a dual threat qb. Your acting like a dual threat is a negative there is absolutely nothing wrong with having another running weapon in the backfield. It's pure benefit. Romo wouldn't have the injury problems he had if he could take off and avoid pressure like he could in the past. To me it's a no-brainer..yea you want a guy that can dissect a secondary but having a dude that could take off would be beyond deadly with our line. To say they wouldn't do shyt on this team is honestly outlandish. You're telling me a cam or Russell Wilson wouldn't do serious damage on this team with our line?.c'mon fam stop it

I don't want us to be searching for qb's down the line but drafting one at 4 is flat out wasteful. Any of the top defensive dudes could help out now..potentially alot. We've seen alot of high drafted defensive players come in and make an immediate impact. None of these qb's impress me (and apparently the cowboys) to the point where you just have to take them at 4. There isn't a large gap talent wise between Wentz, goff, lynch, etc..
Who are these defensive players that will bring immediate impact :jbhmm:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ramsey and his 0ints last season would fit right in :francis:

Jack plays the same position as Sean Lee and has injury concerns :francis:
Broadus said we'd make Ramsey a CB :upsetfavre:

As for Jack, Carolina took shaq Thompson and put him at sam and he was meh. I doubt dude is on our radar. Both Ramsey and Jack would only help immediately as safeties.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:salute:

Been saying this for the longest. Some fans want us to:

Take a corner at 4 and take a qb to develop later in the draft :jbhmm:

Yet we can take the best/better qb in the draft at 4 and get a DE/Safety/Corner/RB later in the draft :jbhmm:

Breh this thread has gotten so out of hand I can barely read a page without the :yeahok: face...

People saying not taking a QB at 4...really:yeahok:

We outright had the worst QB play in the league last year when Romo got hurt...But we don't need to draft a QB

We played 3 quarterbacks and all three were progressively worse than the last guy he replaced...but we don't need to draft a QB...

People saying don't take a WR at 4...really...:yeahok:

We outright had the worst receiver play in the league when Dez got hurt...But we don't need to draft a WR...

We didn't have one receiver who could get open consistently after Dez got hurt...but we don't need to draft a WR...

fukking Witten played on two sprained knees and he was able to get open more than T Rex and Beasely...but we don't need to draft a WR...

People out here wanting to get better on defensive...

Meanwhile in real life...we were next to last in points per game...bottom 10 in yards per game and that is WITH US BEING TOP 10 IN RUSHING...bottom 5 in throwing the ball...

Bottom 5 offensive in everything but running the ball...but we don't need a QB...and we don't need a WR...somehow we need a defensive end and that is going to help us not be the second worst scoring team in the NFL:yeahok:

I aint never seen no shyt like our QB play last year in my life...Weeden and Cassell threw the ball into single coverage probably 70% of the time and the passing game was still horrendous...but we don't need a QB or WR though...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Broadus said we'd make Ramsey a CB :upsetfavre:

As for Jack, Carolina took shaq Thompson and put him at sam and he was meh. I doubt dude is on our radar. Both Ramsey and Jack would only help immediately as safeties.
That's the problem with drafting Ramsey.

He's garbage at CB.

We don't need another bum who gives 10 yard cushions on every goddamn play and lets the WR catch the ball in front of him and proceeds to make a "solid tackle"

:camby: