Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Think long term breh. We havent taken a QB in the first round in 27 years. AND we got lucky with Romo.

None of these Draft picks will give us an immediate impact except Zeke.
I think Jack and Ramsey are immediate impact players based off athleticism alone. I don't see the infatuation with drafting Zeke at 4 when the majority of the top rb's (including our last one) were drafted after round 3

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I think Jack and Ramsey are immediate impact players based off athleticism alone. I don't see the infatuation with drafting Zeke at 4 when the majority of the top rb's (including our last one) were drafted after round 3
Jack has injury concerns breh. Im tired of drafting injury prone players and expecting them to magically stay healthy once they get in to the league.

As for Ramsey, if we absolutely werent picking a qb (huge mistake imo), I would be ok with.

What I dont understand is, how does it make sense for us to use the draft for "win now" and immediate impact, yet take this approach to free-agency. Thats backwards imo. You "win now" with free agency, and you build for the future with the draft.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
i guess we were bad in the wrong year.

nobody really intriguing in this draft.

a year earlier and we get todd gurley.

where are the lucks, suhs, watts? :damn:

we can't even lose right. :snoop:
The one bright side is that this class is loaded at DL.

We were so bad that our 2nd and 3rd rounders are basically late 1st and late 2nd rounders so we can shore up one of our biggest weaknesses.

But yeah, no truly elite skill position guys this year :francis: