Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I like Zeke but can we really justify taking him a 4 with the investment we've made in our o-line?

Jack jumped 40' today off 80% health. I think we gotta take him if he's there. Lee is 30 and injury prone, he can cover receivers and play safety in spurts. Ramsey a freak too
With our line Zeke could rush for at minimum 1500yds a season, i'd take Zeke over Bosa any day but i'd take Jack over everyone.

Daps
With our line Zeke could rush for at minimum 1500yds a season, i'd take Zeke over Bosa any day but i'd take Jack over everyone.

I feel like really, any good RB could run for 1200 behind that line, which is why I love Zeke, but not at 4. Give me the safety, LB, or pass rusher to help this defense and go after someone in the mid/late rounds. Hell, bring in two guys + vet and see what happens.

Alfred Morris still chilling out there :ohhh: Him plus say Perkins from UCLA in round 4 and I'm good.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
An average RB can put up very good numbers in our system.
Just look at McFadden's :flabbynsick: ass last year.

An average LB can't thrive in our system. In fact, he will look horrible. Bottom of the league.

An average DB can't thrive in our system. In fact, he will look horrible. Bottom of the league.

An average DL can't thrive in our system. In fact, he will look horrible. Bottom of the league.

The front office knows this. The pundits are saying we'll take Zeke at 4. Same morons who said last year we were going to trade up for Gordon or Gurley. We rolled with an average RBBC and got waaaay above average results given our horrendous QB situation and teams game planning against our run.

I have no doubt Elliott will be a beast, but the value isn't there at 4th overall.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

to me it would be a dumb investment. you don't invest as much as we did on our o-linne to 1) overpay a running back or 2) use high draft selections on a RB. that's counterproductive. our line affords us the opportunity to cut cost at the RB position and use our resources elsewhere, on true weaknesses.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
to me it would be a dumb investment. you don't invest as much as we did on our o-linne to 1) overpay a running back or 2) use high draft selections on a RB. that's counterproductive. our line affords us the opportunity to cut cost at the RB position and use our resources elsewhere, on true weaknesses.
Nah bruh we wouldn't be overpaying. I do like how everybody is a capologist or scout nowadays. This ain't the old rookie system dude gets like 4-5 mill didn't know that's overpaying but ok. Also this don't take a RB high shyt honestly is some trend whore stuff from 80-90% of people that just recently happened in the last 5-10 years. If dude can take us to the next level running wise instead of McFadden I'm all for it. I'm drafting bpa and unless we can get Wentz, Jack, I would take Zeke. The only way I wouldn't go bpa is if Tunsil fell that's too many resources to the line outside of,that bpa

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Any other draft i'd be right there with you, but this group of guys:patrice:
Don't really matter to me because think about it how often are we this close to get a franchise type QB? Outside of the trade to get Mo we usually picking middle of the pack and further back. I guess you can get a franchise QB further back but I'd really like to see the difference between first half of the 1st qb's and back half of the first qb's. That's where I'm coming from but I can also see why your not impressed either. I just feel somebody taking this far up and possibly sitting for a year or two will do fine here. I could be wrong

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Last year draft that had a transcendent running back in todd gurley in it...people were like don't even think about moving up to get him...

Now on this last page people are saying...we might should take Elliot with the number 4 pick...:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:

WHY THE fukk IS ALFRED MORRIS NOT ON THIS fukkING TEAM RIGHT fukkING NOW
KiaMxKH.png
KiaMxKH.png
KiaMxKH.png
KiaMxKH.png

I've spent a basketball season where I watched my San Antonio Spurs turn a guy who couldn't do anything but run and jump into the best, most efficient two way player in the nba..

And now I am about to watch my Dallas Cowboys somehow go into the season with Darren Mcfadden as the only legit running back for no other reason than he played better than Randle...a guy who's APD (arrest per day) average is higher than his YAC (yards after contact) average...:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:

Why...:sadswagboyz:...Why is this happening:sadswagboyz:...We got an MVP QB...We got a top 5 receiver...we got the best line in football:sadswagboyz:...it's really not that hard...just get some guys who don't suck...they don't need to be great...they just need to not be bad:sadswagboyz:...why :sadswagboyz:...why are we going into next season with carr and clairbone at corner :sadswagboyz:

I;m about to order a large pizza and crack open this martel and just set on my sofa and :sadswagboyz::sadswagboyz::sadswagboyz::sadswagboyz: the fukking day away:sadswagboyz:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yall know ive been on this zeke to the boys bandwagon with the breh @smitty22, but not at 4 brehs. We got to trade down to around 7-12 and get an extra second(now that i gave up on the rams trading 15 and both seconds). Thats why i wanted zeke, cause hes a beast first off but mostly cause wed get an extra pick. If we stay at 4, definately on the jack train.

1) zeke
2)howard, CB baylor
2)karl joseph, S wv
3)best availabe lb that fits scheme

Would probably sign hardy to another 1 year with incentives.

OR

1) jack
2)howard, CB baylor/ jackson, CB houston
3) collins, RB arkansas