Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Bill callahan was a huge difference. I agree on cannin garret tho. If some how sean peyton is let go, should jerry pull the trigger? Hes more of a pass first type of guy from what ive seen, whereas we need to be a run first team. But brehs legit. Him an romo close too cause of their ties to eastern illionois. IDK if the switch would detrimante this team tho

Edit: and dez has been a huge letdown this year. We be clowin on twill, but that breh has came through big in key points before. Seems like dez hasnt
How was he a "huge difference"? We are a top 10 running offense without a legit threat to pass and we give up the fewest qb pressures in the league. This offense is bad because of the system and how its outdated.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Callahan is missed that much like said otherwise. The oline performed much better under him than under Pollack. But have the tight ends progressed? What about the secondary? What about the receivers not named Dez? Did you care for our special teams this season? No this is a bad coaching staff and yes , Jason is a problem and I've saying Jerry is the main problem for twenty years. But the positional coaches underperformed badly this season as well and some of them the last few years. They don't get a pass either.
Im not going to say they missed Callahan that much. Aren't they still a top ten rushing attack with them dudes we had back there? If so are we really harping on Callahan? Sounds more like sounds good if that's true. Not having Murray is a big difference and switching up how they run mid way through the season from zbs to more of a power scheme for McFadden hurts too moreso than Callahan IMO.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Callahan is missed that much like said otherwise. The oline performed much better under him than under Pollack. But have the tight ends progressed? What about the secondary? What about the receivers not named Dez? Did you care for our special teams this season? No this is a bad coaching staff and yes , Jason is a problem and I've saying Jerry is the main problem for twenty years. But the positional coaches underperformed badly this season as well and some of them the last few years. They don't get a pass either.
Where were these complaints last year? Some of you brehs sound like Jason Garrett using the position coaches as a scapegoat.

Our line is performing just fine. 3 pro-bowlers once again and leading a top 10 rushing unit. Also they are allowing qb pressures on less than 1/3 of dropbacks.

As far as the wrs, is it Dooleys fault Dez cant catch the easiest passes? Is it his fault that Dez is used as a decoy most of the time?

Special teams has been a lot better as well since we started putting Lucky back there. Special teams basically won us the Redskins game.

Only position coaches I want changed are Wade Wilson and Jerome Henderson. I dont like the technique our corners play, and as far as Wilson goes, i dont want him anywhere near our future qb.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
How was he a "huge difference"? We are a top 10 running offense without a legit threat to pass and we give up the fewest qb pressures in the league. This offense is bad because of the system and how its outdated.
I was just going off of eye test. Alot of penalties. Alot less disciplined. I understand the loss of romo played a huge part, but dmc is just averaging a bit above 4 ypc. Even when romo was playing, the running game wasnt playing out great. I shouldnt have used huge difference but there was a notable difference in efficiency when running the ball

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Anything outside of Jalen Ramsey is pure asinine.

All of these QBs are :trash:IMO .

Goff, Lynch, Hackenberg, & Cook all remind me of the Gabbert, Ponder, Locker 2011 draft.
If not Ramsey & Hargreaves, then we need a dominant WR. who you think that is?

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
If not Ramsey & Hargreaves, then we need a dominant WR. who you think that is?
Yall think wed be able to get hargreaves if we trade down to 10-15. If we were able to do that and get an extra second and stockpile of more picks that would be great.

Lets play hypotheticals

Hargreaves pick 12 rnd 1
Rb pick 3 rnd 2
Doctson pick 12 rnd 2
Qb pick 3 rnd 3

All defense after that

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Hargreaves won't fall to 12.

Yes, he's only 5'10 and he doesn't possess amazing physical tools. But he is by FAR the best CB in the draft and it is a passing league more than ever.

Add in the fact that there's no true franchise QB in this draft AND no Clowney/Gurley type of freak prospect... He'll go top 10.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Hargreaves won't fall to 12.

Yes, he's only 5'10 and he doesn't possess amazing physical tools. But he is by FAR the best CB in the draft and it is a passing league more than ever.

Add in the fact that there's no true franchise QB in this draft AND no Clowney/Gurley type of freak prospect... He'll go top 10.

Now see, after reading this I would want to stay as far away from Hargreaves as possible. Part of the problem we've had is drafting/signing guys that supposedly have the skill to play the position but not the physical abilities to excel at it. I don't watch Gator football week in and week out, but I do know Hargreaves looks too small for me to be happy about that pick in the first round.

Ramsey has elite size, that would be my pick for a DB. But if he's not available, there isn't a CB/S I would take in the first round. There's a number of guys you can select in rounds 3-5 with more prototype size.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Where were these complaints last year? Some of you brehs sound like Jason Garrett using the position coaches as a scapegoat.

Our line is performing just fine. 3 pro-bowlers once again and leading a top 10 rushing unit. Also they are allowing qb pressures on less than 1/3 of dropbacks.

As far as the wrs, is it Dooleys fault Dez cant catch the easiest passes? Is it his fault that Dez is used as a decoy most of the time?

Special teams has been a lot better as well since we started putting Lucky back there. Special teams basically won us the Redskins game.

Only position coaches I want changed are Wade Wilson and Jerome Henderson. I dont like the technique our corners play, and as far as Wilson goes, i dont want him anywhere near our future qb.

Jason Garrett isn't a scapegoat as I have said plenty of things against him all season. If you re-read what I said earlier, I mentioned how all of this goes along with his terrible offensive creativity and plan together. Yes he is as bad as the others. As far as the WR coaches, I have had problems with Dooley a while ago. Street isn't getting better, Williams isn't getting any better. Dez had a down year but I see no WR being developed at all under his tutelage. I mentioned this last season. As for the Special teams, yes it won us the Skins game. It also lost us the Giants game if you didn't remember that. We agree with Henderson and Wilson. Also, IIRC, we are one of the worst teams in the league on 3rd and 1. That needs to be addressed. Some of that is on play calling and some of that is on the oline getting whooped up front. Also, we had too many penalties this season even when Romo was playing.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Now see, after reading this I would want to stay as far away from Hargreaves as possible. Part of the problem we've had is drafting/signing guys that supposedly have the skill to play the position but not the physical abilities to excel at it. I don't watch Gator football week in and week out, but I do know Hargreaves looks too small for me to be happy about that pick in the first round.

Ramsey has elite size, that would be my pick for a DB. But if he's not available, there isn't a CB/S I would take in the first round. There's a number of guys you can select in rounds 3-5 with more prototype size.
From every Gator fan I have seen, they say to stay away from Hargreaves. I would like to see more of his game though.