Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No way we take a DE. I'm pretty sure they expect DLaw and Gregory to be improved next year. And they might bring hardy back.

Are there any free agents they might be able to help?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
No way we take a DE. I'm pretty sure they expect DLaw and Gregory to be improved next year. And they might bring hardy back.

Are there any free agents they might be able to help?
bosa will go number 1 to Cleveland.
Ramsey is going to Baltimore.

Im calling it now, we are taking Hargreaves, Treadwell or Smith unless we trade down. :francis:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I dont follow college lije that until the draft but why the francis face? They trash?
They arent trash but all of them have ? marks except Smith.

Hargreaves doesnt have the athleticism or size you would like for his position (athleticism). This is Mo's problem. He's intriguing tho, because we can put him on ODB. Ive seen him compared to Revis :ohhh:

Treadwell is the best WR in the class and has been compared to Dez and Alshon. The problem is, scouts say he may have a hard time getting separation (Dez). This worries me in this wack azz scheme.

Smith intrigues me because some say he is the best defensive player in the draft. Athletic as hell and a tackling machine. The problem I have with him is, he plays the same position as Sean Lee in this system.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Hargreaves doesnt have the athleticism or size you would like for his position (athleticism). This is Mo's problem. He's intriguing tho, because we can put him on ODB. Ive seen him compared to Revis :ohhh:

Treadwell is the best WR in the class and has been compared to Dez and Alshon. The problem is, scouts say he may have a hard time getting separation (Dez). This worries me in this wack azz scheme.

Smith intrigues me because some say he is the best defensive player in the draft. Athletic as hell and a tackling machine. The problem I have with him is, he plays the same position as Sean Lee in this system.
A lot of scouts also see him as a player that can stretch the field, also Smith can move around which is a plus.

CBS Draft view
N OUR VIEW: In today's ultra-specialized NFL, defenses routinely substitute powerful linebackers on running downs and faster, more agile defenders on obvious passing plays. Teams won't have to swap Smith out, however. Along with injured UCLA outside linebacker Myles Jack (also a projected top 10 pick), Smith is the most versatile and pro-ready linebacker in the country

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
A lot of scouts also see him as a player that can stretch the field, also Smith can move around which is a plus.

CBS Draft view
Yea I wouldnt be upset with either.

If I had to choose between the three, I would take Hargreaves.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bruh after Mo im taking no corner that runs a 4.5 in round 1. Hell no!

And we need a burner not another Dez clone.

If there is a DT (Aaron Donald), or rb thats who you take man. Im tired of the you dont take a rb early talk. Thats why i wanted to smack the Frederick haters. If hes good enough why wait until round 3 and chance him being gone?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yea I wouldnt be upset with either.

If I had to choose between the three, I would take Hargreaves.
I'm legit torn/excited about this pick, Nkemdiche is who they need to make the D-line top 3 in the NFL but this draft has so many playmakers on defense. Ramsey projects to be at best Ed Reed and at worst Darren Sharper:wow:
Smith & Mack are both seen as all pro talents
Hargreaves is a bit undersized(meaningless imo) but his skill set is off the charts.
A'Shawn Robinson is someone who the Cowboys could target as well, dude is a freak of nature and would be a nightmare if the NYG grab him.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I'm legit torn/excited about this pick, Nkemdiche is who they need to make the D-line top 3 in the NFL but this draft has so many playmakers on defense. Ramsey projects to be at best Ed Reed and at worst Darren Sharper:wow:
Smith & Mack are both seen as all pro talents
Hargreaves is a bit undersized(meaningless imo) but his skill set is off the charts.
A'Shawn Robinson is someone who the Cowboys could target as well, dude is a freak of nature and would be a nightmare if the NYG grab him.
Nkemdiche i think would be a 3T in this scheme. A rotation of him and Crawford though :wow:

The thing is, if we draft Jalen, Jones probably stays at Corner. To me, he's a FS in this league.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the Ravens are going win one more game. So we might end up number 2 in the draft. If we are 2, the pick needs to be either Bosa or Ramsay. I think Cleveland takes a QB or trades down.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Nkemdiche i think would be a 3T in this scheme. A rotation of him and Crawford though :wow:

The thing is, if we draft Jalen, Jones probably stays at Corner. To me, he's a FS in this league.
Don't forget Irving:obama: As for Ramsey i think they could keep him at CB since i think he's a better CB than Jones, but if he's there it'd be hard to pass up on him.

I just saw treadwells highlights. Pass.

If its anything other than dt,rb, qb, safety, lb in the draft we aint shyt.
Treadwell is a amazing talent but we don't need him, we need a complimentary WR to go along with Dez and those are available in the later rounds.

Ravens play Cincy and Pitt the last two, they are gonna lose out :mjlol:

Why do you like Bosa so much breh :stopitslime:
Watt got everyone thinking every animated white guy is going to be special, dude looks like he'll be college hype at best.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I think the Ravens are going win one more game. So we might end up number 2 in the draft. If we are 2, the pick needs to be either Bosa or Ramsay. I think Cleveland takes a QB or trades down.
Ravens play Cincy and Pitt the last two, they are gonna lose out :mjlol:

Why do you like Bosa so much breh :stopitslime: