Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Man who yall talkin for real in the draft. I been stressing a cb in the first like ramsey or hargreaves but i like zeke elliot as well. Ive been sayin that if we cant get bosa we should trade down and stockpile picks. Let me know what yall would do if letsay we pickin 3rd overall
depends on where we pick. If we pickin 3rd overall (unlikely now since we won that dam Redskins game), Im taking either Lynch, Nkemdiche or Bosa. People say the QBs are overrated which I agree, but we have the opportunity to let them sit and learn for the next 2-3 years.

Im taking Bosa only if we dont re-sign Hardy.
Im taking Nkemdiche if Hardy is re-signed and Lynch is off the board. We need to finish building this d-line.

And im also strting to lean towards VHIII like @Codeine Fiend Dream Team. We take him, put Jones at Safety, Oscan in the slot and re-sign Mo or restructure Carr and throw a boatload at Eric Berry and we finally will have a good defense/secondary

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is now every snap Romo takes we will be on pins and needles that he doesn't get hit just right again. He got injured twice this year, both on only his second game playing. It's only a matter of time unfortunately. I love Romo but we gotta at least start grooming a rookie QB under his leadership.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
7mFfaMr.png

Pleeeaaaaaaaaase lose out :sadcam:

I just fukkin know Kellen Moore is going to fukk around and win a game. Maybe even two. He better not win the next two games. I can't take much more of this fukkery from this franchise.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We should be able to move into the 3rd slot. Chargers and Ravens should win one more game. There is a chance Titans can win one more as well. I think Browns unfortunately lose out. Good chance we end up at 3. Maybe 2.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
7mFfaMr.png

Pleeeaaaaaaaaase lose out :sadcam:

I just fukkin know Kellen Moore is going to fukk around and win a game. Maybe even two. He better not win the next two games. I can't take much more of this fukkery from this franchise.
I think we lose out and end up third. Baltimore will lose out (they have Pitt and Cincy as the last two games) and Chargers will lose out but both of their strength of schedule will improve because of the teams they play.

If we win a game somehow, im done wit this franchise :stopitslime:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
depends on where we pick. If we pickin 3rd overall (unlikely now since we won that dam Redskins game), Im taking either Lynch, Nkemdiche or Bosa. People say the QBs are overrated which I agree, but we have the opportunity to let them sit and learn for the next 2-3 years.

Im taking Bosa only if we dont re-sign Hardy.
Im taking Nkemdiche if Hardy is re-signed and Lynch is off the board. We need to finish building this d-line.

And im also strting to lean towards VHIII like @Codeine Fiend Dream Team. We take him, put Jones at Safety, Oscan in the slot and re-sign Mo or restructure Carr and throw a boatload at Eric Berry and we finally will have a good defense/secondary
You really wanna take a QB from Memphis with the 3rd overall pick? :bretwelp:

Broad Street Bully

Daps
Reppin
I know Dez was hurt all season and who he's had throwing to him but god damn, his hands weren't hurt :why:

mothafukka dropped so many passes this year, it's ridiculous. Since he's been here, I've never seen drop so many passes. I love him as much as the next guy, my favorite player in the league, but damn man, he needs to be held accountable too. Next season can't come fast enough.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I know Dez was hurt all season and who he's had throwing to him but god damn, his hands weren't hurt :why:

mothafukka dropped so many passes this year, it's ridiculous. Since he's been here, I've never seen drop so many passes. I love him as much as the next guy, my favorite player in the league, but damn man, he needs to be held accountable too. Next season can't come fast enough.
Dude fukked around and let ODB gay azz pass him as top receiver in the league.Dez isnt even top 5 anymore :mjcry:

Broad Street Bully

Daps
Reppin
Dude fukked around and let ODB gay azz pass him as top receiver in the league.Dez isnt even top 5 anymore :mjcry:
nikka out here looking like a darker T-Will :mjcry:

you know how much pain my heart just received just typing that shyt? :damn: Y'all nikkas know how much I hate that no hands having, chest catching, one miracle catch a season having ass mothafukka :damn:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Dez will bounce back in 2016. But he took advantage of his own ability. He thought he could just show up and show out. You need to do as much work in the offseason in preparation mentally and physically. He didn't this season because he held out for a contract.

I just heard a segment on the fan that was interesting but not shocking.

Basically, Dallas isn't hitting in rounds 5-7 and are doing relatively well 2-4 in the Garrett era. However, Dallas has subpar coaching. The tight ends coach, secondary coach, wide receiver coach, and special teams coach all have been bad. IMO, I agree with all of those but add in the OL coach wasn't as good this year. the OL regressed this season but still a very good oline. This goes along with the bad offensive playcalling and the results you see are that Tony Romo is the real glue for this team and without him, we are a 4-12 type team ever year.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Dez will bounce back in 2016. But he took advantage of his own ability. He thought he could just show up and show out. You need to do as much work in the offseason in preparation mentally and physically. He didn't this season because he held out for a contract.

I just heard a segment on the fan that was interesting but not shocking.

Basically, Dallas isn't hitting in rounds 5-7 and are doing relatively well 2-4 in the Garrett era. However, Dallas has subpar coaching. The tight ends coach, secondary coach, wide receiver coach, and special teams coach all have been bad. IMO, I agree with all of those but add in the OL coach wasn't as good this year. the OL regressed this season but still a very good oline. This goes along with the bad offensive playcalling and the results you see are that Tony Romo is the real glue for this team and without him, we are a 4-12 type team ever year.
I dont buy the position coaches being subpar. We were 12-4 last year and none of us complained about the position coaches. The problem with this team is Jason Garrett and the Jones'.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
I dont buy the position coaches being subpar. We were 12-4 last year and none of us complained about the position coaches. The problem with this team is Jason Garrett and the Jones'.
Bill callahan was a huge difference. I agree on cannin garret tho. If some how sean peyton is let go, should jerry pull the trigger? Hes more of a pass first type of guy from what ive seen, whereas we need to be a run first team. But brehs legit. Him an romo close too cause of their ties to eastern illionois. IDK if the switch would detrimante this team tho

Edit: and dez has been a huge letdown this year. We be clowin on twill, but that breh has came through big in key points before. Seems like dez hasnt

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

Callahan is missed that much like said otherwise. The oline performed much better under him than under Pollack. But have the tight ends progressed? What about the secondary? What about the receivers not named Dez? Did you care for our special teams this season? No this is a bad coaching staff and yes , Jason is a problem and I've saying Jerry is the main problem for twenty years. But the positional coaches underperformed badly this season as well and some of them the last few years. They don't get a pass either.