Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I was just going off of eye test. Alot of penalties. Alot less disciplined. I understand the loss of romo played a huge part, but dmc is just averaging a bit above 4 ypc. Even when romo was playing, the running game wasnt playing out great. I shouldnt have used huge difference but there was a notable difference in efficiency when running the ball
Yeah that's how I see it. I'm not down on the Oline nor the new Oline coach as much as I am on Dooley and the receivers, Henderson and the secondary, and the others. But the oline played better last season partly because Dallas had better play from the RT last season and Dallas was more disciplined. Free had a meh year this year at best.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas, we need Bosa. We need someone that's gonna create havoc on QBs. I'm tired of watching us giving QBs years to throw the ball. From what I've seen from Bosa, he could be the next JJ Watt.

Put Bosa with Hardy, and a 2nd year Gregory, our D-line should be terrifying.

If we can't get Bosa we should go Ramsey. Praying for Bosa though :blessed:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
If you want Bosa, you better hope we don't win another game and Cleveland and San Diego win out because one of those two teams are taking him. In fact, if the Browns keep Manziel, I think that's where he's going.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We just traded up into the early 2nd for DLaw last year and took a gamble on a 2nd who had top15 rank in Gregory this year. We just extended Crawford (another 2nd). We already have a ton invested in the dline. I don't see Jerry and Boys investing even further.

If they decide to keep Hardy, 0% chance we would draft another dlineman in the first 2 rounds. This team has a LOT of holes. Jerry always thinks we're 1 year away. He will go for flash or a position of true need and scarcity.

We need a true DT in the worst way. We also need 2 outside corners and a SS. ONLY 2 players in secondary that are anywhere near league average are slot Scandrick and corner/FS Jones.

Secondary needs a talent infusion in the worst way. Carr, Claiborne, Church, Wilcox are liabilities in coverage, tackling, taking angles to tackle, forcing TOs, getting big stops. They are trash. 1 hot game every 8 game average.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
We just traded up into the early 2nd for DLaw last year and took a gamble on a 2nd who had top15 rank in Gregory this year. We just extended Crawford (another 2nd). We already have a ton invested in the dline. I don't see Jerry and Boys investing even further.

If they decide to keep Hardy, 0% chance we would draft another dlineman in the first 2 rounds. This team has a LOT of holes. Jerry always thinks we're 1 year away. He will go for flash or a position of true need and scarcity.

We need a true DT in the worst way. We also need 2 outside corners and a SS. ONLY 2 players in secondary that are anywhere near league average are slot Scandrick and corner/FS Jones.

Secondary needs a talent infusion in the worst way. Carr, Claiborne, Church, Wilcox are liabilities in coverage, tackling, taking angles to tackle, forcing TOs, getting big stops. They are trash. 1 hot game every 8 game average.

Fa real. Actually was upset last year that we didn't get one.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Fa real. Actually was upset last year that we didn't get one.
We went Byron over Malcom Brown. I was pissed at the time but after we took Gregory in the 2nd and seeing the type of player Jones can be in a couple years, I'm cool with it. Excited even.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
How can people not see we need a stud DT in this draft, if we keep drafting DE then this defense will never get over the hump. Imagine how many sacks Lawrence & Gregory (& possibly Hardy) would get if we had constant pressure up the middle, notice how QBs were able to constantly step up in the pocket when we brought pressure.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can people not see we need a stud DT in this draft, if we keep drafting DE then this defense will never get over the hump. Imagine how many sacks Lawrence & Gregory (& possibly Hardy) would get if we had constant pressure up the middle, notice how QBs were able to constantly step up in the pocket when we brought pressure.

0219tclnkemdichesrobert.jpg

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Lol no way Jerruh drafts a DT with a top 5 pick.
Itll be a corner, wr, qb or LB
My Picks for the 1st pick
DT: Robert Nkemdiche
CB/S: Jalen Ramsey or Vernon Hargreaves
LB: Jaylon Smith

If they have to draft a QB in the 1st then i'd go with Paxton Lynch, every other QB looks like they're mid 2nd rd at best.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
My Picks for the 1st pick
DT: Robert Nkemdiche
CB/S: Jalen Ramsey or Vernon Hargreaves
LB: Jaylon Smith

If they have to draft a QB in the 1st then i'd go with Paxton Lynch, every other QB looks like they're mid 2nd rd at best.
I wouldnt Mind Jaylon Smith with our first pick :ehh:

Some scouts compared him to Patrick Willis coming out of college :wow:

Last edited: