Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
1. So the new coaches are guaranteed to be great?
2. JPP still has the Gumby hand and the O & D still needs a lot of work.
3. Eagles better pray the picks work out and that Maxwell doesn't look like the SEA version of himself, and that Murray doesn't look like the 1800yd RB.
4. Why release Carr now when they can wait and save more money as a June cut?
:jbhmm: Those are valid points but us coming off a 4-12 season still stands as well as re-signing Claiborne and Rolando (2 unreliable players)

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Eagles and Giants both have new head coaches

Giants just re-signed JPP, and have the 3rd most cap room to spend

Eagles are getting rid of the overpriced vets, getting salary cap relief, and getting draft pick compensation (they got Titans 3rd which is essentially a late 2nd for Spray Tan)

Meanwhile, we sit here with Brandon Carr still on this team, talks of re-signing Claiborne:mjlol:, and Chase Daniel or Colt McCoy look to be our answer for backup QB :francis:
People need to realize that we aren't getting rid of both Carr and Claiborne.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
"Remember last year? Gachkar..Brinkley..this year is looking like much of the same bargain bin "depth" signings that are oh so important" -The Natural
:snoop: Day 1 and we're sitting on hands, that's a luxury for the elite. Stephen is going to budget shop us into the No. 1 overall pick next year

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:snoop: Day 1 and we're sitting on hands, that's a luxury for the elite. Stephen is going to budget shop us into the No. 1 overall pick next year
The funny thing is these CZ homers always telling us not to worry, how we'll have 30, 40, 50 million dollars in cap room. How we're going to get Weddle + Berry + JPP...I just been sitting back laughing the entire offseason. We're going to have the same secondary for the most part and the same dline, see you in July.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The funny thing is these CZ homers always telling us not to worry, how we'll have 30, 40, 50 million dollars in cap room. How we're going to get Weddle + Berry + JPP...I just been sitting back laughing the entire offseason. We're going to have the same secondary for the most part and the same dline, see you in July.

This organization does the opposite of anything that is intelligent. Did you see the article Broaddus wrote? I will go into next season with me not really giving a shyt if that happens.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Who should the Cowboys go get? Since people here are obviously smarter than the organization who should they break the bank on? Shopping in FA is a risky move because you can spend a lot for a player and wind up hurting yourself in the future, we still have to think about this O-Line in a few years. The main thing i wanted from this FA class was Berry, but since he got the FT then give me Miller and draft defense.

Look at these cuts:ohhh:
balt%2Bcut%2Brun.gif

Last edited:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Who should the Cowboys go get? Since people here are obviously smarter than the organization who should they break the bank on? Shopping in FA is a risky move because you can spend a lot for a player and wind up hurting yourself in the future, we still have to think about this O-Line in a few years. The main thing i wanted from this FA class was Berry, but since he got the FT then give me Miller and draft defense.

balt%2Bcut%2Brun.gif
I honestly feel some of my coli brehs can do a better job as a GM than Jerry :francis:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

balt%2Bcut%2Brun.gif
Who you thought we were in here talking about all day? Lamar Miller behind this offensive line is a no brainer to the average fan but those penny pinchers dont want to pay up.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I honestly feel some of my coli brehs can do a better job as a GM than Jerry :francis:
Reality is if fans ran teams those teams would be jokes of the league. I still remember fans here in Dallas talking about trading Antoine Walker & Stackhouse for Kevin Garnett back in the day:mjlol: