Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who should the Cowboys go get? Since people here are obviously smarter than the organization who should they break the bank on? Shopping in FA is a risky move because you can spend a lot for a player and wind up hurting yourself in the future, we still have to think about this O-Line in a few years. The main thing i wanted from this FA class was Berry, but since he got the FT then give me Miller and draft defense.

Look at these cuts:ohhh:
balt%2Bcut%2Brun.gif
Sign this man :damn:

Somebody needs to slip Jerry a phone and a check book and let him call Miller. Stephen wanna be cheap now that he has some control

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Need to get Lamar Miller or Alfred Morris.

Lamar is a better fit and has less wear. Alfred is more of a workhorse and no injury concerns.

Either way, they're both young guys and it doesn't seem like their respective teams have much interest in keeping them.

I think Alfred Morris can be had on a bargain deal. Not much buzz around him. He could carry the rock 25+ times for us and he would feast.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Romo injury literally the only reason we went 4-12 last year. Some teams rely more heavily on QB'S than others. You think NE would have sniffed the playoffs without Brady?..Panthers without Cam?..

I just don't think it's fair to judge the FO based off last year. I do agree we got some holes to fill but smart teams don't overpay for good ones, they pay for great ones. Not gonna lie, I thought the Carr signing was great when it happened. He was young and coming off a great season. But hell we could have gotten 2 barely above average players to match Carr's production. I think that's what the strategy is gonna be going forward. Find production and spend big bucks if you think you got a gamechanger. Other than that build through the draft. Look at what Denver did..their best players were acquired through the draft and not too flashy FA moves (outside of Talib). They just signed a bunch of promising young players that fit their system, and a couple OG's (Daniels and Ware). They let 2 of their best defense players go but I'm willing to bet the production from the D don't draft drastically. And that's cause they draft well and stack production. I ain't gonna lie, I also laughed at the Ware signing. Dude looked washed, but a change of scenery and scheme works wonders.

I say that to say, if we are serious about contending we need to bring some OG's in. If we can sneak in Lamar Miller or another young back that's gonna make impact fine, but I think the focus should be on dudes getting older and released cause they were no longer worth their last contract. I'm talking dudes like Pacman, Mike Wallace possibly...Cruz if he gets cut tomorrow. Possibly Forte at the right price.

Sign another backup and do not reach for one at 4. Take a project back in the late rounds maybe.

This Randy Gregory situation is lowkey a huge set back. Smh. We can't afford to take anymore stoners in this year draft. Clayborne would be interesting in a limited role. Maybe you take Bosa or Buckner at 4...thing is DE's sometimes take time to develop. So maybe you go with Ramsey and let him and Jones sure up our safety for years to come. Bring MO back. Cut Carr in July and go from there.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading out of that 4th spot to get more pieces.

The players I can see making us immediately better next year are Myles Jack, Treadwell, Mike Thomas, Zeke, maybe Hargreaves idk

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I may be reaching but I think Lamar Miller can be better behind this line than Spray Tan :ld:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Romo injury literally the only reason we went 4-12 last year. Some teams rely more heavily on QB'S than others. You think NE would have sniffed the playoffs without Brady?
Breh, NE went to the playoffs in 2008 with.....

Wait for it

Matt Freakin Cassell as their QB:skip:

This coaching staff and front office is :scust:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, NE went to the playoffs in 2008 with.....

Wait for it

Matt Freakin Cassell as their QB:skip:

This coaching staff and front office is :scust:[/QUOTE.
Cassell had been in that system for atleast 4 years already and had two legit weapons in Welker and Moss. Our best receiver was T-Will last year fam...and we picked Cassell up off the street mid-season

Romo played 4 games last year and won 3, which account for 75% of our wins last year. I think that speaks volumes. You cant realistically expect to be a good team when you lose your starting QB, your best offensive and your best defensive player. Just wasn't in the cards.

Im not quite sure what the FO could have done. Our cap situation wasn't great (mainly due to the signing of Carr, which most fans loved at the time). And we were investing heavily in the offensive trenches each year. Ok maybe we could have gotten more depth. But really once Romo got hurt, season was done. Youre not contending with a #2 QB. I don't care how well he playing. Its rare and very unlikely.

It seems like Im making excuses, but the majority of the league would have been screwed if you take away their starting QB, best offensive playmaker, and best defensive player. I believe 2014 was truly indicative of how good we can be if Romo is playing.