Could Sony Get Away With Pricing PS5 At $599?

could sony get away with pricing ps5 at $599?

• yes, fanboys would buy it regardless how expensive it is

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • nope, both MS consoles being cheaper would significantly cut into their market share

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • sony could do whatever they want. they barely even acknowledge microsoft as a competitor at this poi

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • no way they price it that high; the backlash would be too intense

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • that would just confirm the swagged out arrogant sony of old is byke

Votes: 10 10.6%

• Total voters

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Intel vs AMD

AMD stans are real :blessed: right now

Gotta be off of Zen then :russ: my first GPU was the 290 but ever since then NV been slaughtering em them at the top. That price:performance don't mean shyt to me when I'm tryna get 100 frames with the highest settings possible. It's gonna be hard for them to convince ppl to go RDNA2 after that 3070/80/90 presentation. Unless they are a better bargain. I'm more than likely going to Zen tho next time I change mobo's :wow:

Edit: nvm I forgot you might be talking console side. Even then NV got Nintendo :yeshrug: I'm not on that brand war shyt tho I save that for sports only

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ps3 sold half of what ps2 did and got thrashed by 360 until they made the slims
Xbox one flopped when it came out $100 more than ps4

The fact is xbox will never outselll a PlayStation, you can come up with 1000 reasons why but it just won’t. Not price, not features, not games, not who releases first etc.

It’s just not gonna happen.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Sony sold 115 million consoles this gen, what makes y’all think a 100 dollar price difference is gonna make people jump ship?
Because the average consumer isn’t a stan and will go with the best option available.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Because the average consumer isn’t a stan and will go with the best option available.

Wrong, the average consumer are just as brand loyal as the stans are. People will go with familiarity. There are still older people who refer to everything as a nintendo

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Gotta be off of Zen then :russ: my first GPU was the 290 but ever since then NV been slaughtering em them at the top. That price:performance don't mean shyt to me when I'm tryna get 100 frames with the highest settings possible. It's gonna be hard for them to convince ppl to go RDNA2 after that 3070/80/90 presentation. Unless they are a better bargain. I'm more than likely going to Zen tho next time I change mobo's :wow:

Edit: nvm I forgot you might be talking console side. Even then NV got Nintendo :yeshrug: I'm not on that brand war shyt tho I save that for sports only

Lol I was talking CPU side. AMD stans were always getting shytted ever since I got into building PCs back in 06'. I didn't know the tide turned until I started building my most recent one this year. :russ: Turns out Intel been lackin' and now AMD brehs are all up in the Youtube comments real aggro about Ryzen being better.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Wrong, the average consumer are just as brand loyal as the stans are. People will go with familiarity. There are still older people who refer to everything as a nintendo

Im not talking about 45 year old pedos. If sony drops a console that inferior and more expensive the series x will outsell it. It already happened before. And this time Sony won’t have the luxury of using japan and other countries since console gaming had declined severely

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol I was talking CPU side. AMD stans were always getting shytted ever since I got into building PCs back 06'. I didn't know the tide turned until I started building my most recent one this year. :russ: Turns out Intel been lackin' and now AMD brehs are all up in the Youtube comments real aggro about Ryzen being better.

Yea they kinda gave up on trying to compete with the the top end GPUs and put the R&D money into Zen. Well worth it they've put the clamps on Intel something serious. They can't just do whatever they want anymore and charge the most. The same thing I wish they would do to NV on the GPU side, but that's gonna be even more of an uphill battle. Thankfully they took a step back in the 3000 prices

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yea they kinda gave up on trying to compete with the the top end GPUs and put the R&D money into Zen. Well worth it they've put the clamps on Intel something serious. They can't just do whatever they want anymore and charge the most. The same thing I wish they would do to NV on the GPU side, but that's gonna be even more of an uphill battle. Thankfully they took a step back in the 3000 prices

Thank God. The 2000 series had some psycho prices :picard: