Could Sony Get Away With Pricing PS5 At $599?

could sony get away with pricing ps5 at $599?

• yes, fanboys would buy it regardless how expensive it is

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • nope, both MS consoles being cheaper would significantly cut into their market share

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • sony could do whatever they want. they barely even acknowledge microsoft as a competitor at this poi

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • no way they price it that high; the backlash would be too intense

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • that would just confirm the swagged out arrogant sony of old is byke

Votes: 10 10.6%

• Total voters

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
It will never go away.

Just like apple vs android
Marvel vs DC
Tupac Vs Biggie

Competition is good. I'm just saying people need to start looking at some of this stuff from a consumer perspective and not in the lens of a stan.

Sure Sony would still move units at $599 but why is that a good thing? How does that benefit us, the consumer?

Nah sht is fun and a time killer lol

You know what? You right :mjlol:

Only if it's in jest though :whoa:

Reading these posts I swear Sony is giving paychecks to people

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To me, this thread is saying the only way sony will ever have any fear of microsoft out doing them is if their console is 100 dollars more.

It’s funny, because it’s a combination of xbox stans being scared that ps5 will price match them and embarrass them again and for the brokeys worried about not being able to afford it and having to settle for an xbox lol

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah sht is fun and a time killer lol

It’s too much unfunny irrational shyt going on now, at least before most of it was funny. After Craig (AFTER not during :lolbron:)that shyt just got kinda wack on here. Anywhere else that shyt is just foolish in general. It’s too much opportunity to own multiple consoles to go hard for one system you might not even fw the next gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Competition is good. I'm just saying people need to start looking at some of this stuff from a consumer perspective and not in the lens of a stan.

Sure Sony would still move units at $599 but why is that a good thing? How does that benefit us, the consumer?

You know what? you right :mjlol:

Only if it's in jest though :whoa:

Reading these posts I swear Sony is giving paychecks to people

I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s a good thing, but it is what it is. It’s not gonna break sony, the demand is there. There aren’t memes about fukking old women to get Xbox’s afterfall

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can tell you that the $299 S console is really appealing. I had a few Sony stans I know saying they're gonna get it, including me :sas2:

I got a One S already that I will sell. I'll get the Series S to have as proof of ownership so I can shyt on it and have evidence of owning one. :lolbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can tell you that the $299 S console is really appealing. I had a few Sony stans I know saying they're gonna get it, including me :sas2:

I got a One S already that I will sell. I'll get the Series S to have as proof of ownership so I can shyt on it and have evidence of owning one. :lolbron:

Just get a one x, same thing except it plays 4k

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As their product lineup is currently? No, I don't believe so. I think the market has proven that in typical circumstances, $500 is the cap on what consumers will accept for a standard console.

If they were doing a good/better/best lineup with an entry level product at $300 or so, standard at $400/$500, and a top tier/"pro" product, they could totally price that one at $600, and probably sell a decent amount of them.

Basically, if you give buyers justifiable options with real reasons to choose each, your product will most likely sell.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Im getting the ps5 and a 3080 and retiring after this gen.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s a good thing, but it is what it is. It’s not gonna break sony, the demand is there. There aren’t memes about fukking old women to get Xbox’s afterfall

If it's anything lower than $599, then Sony disagrees lol. They are about maximizing profits. But I trust they know what they're doing, especially since they probably spent a lot of money researching their sweet spot for a price point...whatever that may end up being.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If it's anything lower than $599, then Sony disagrees lol. They are about maximizing profits. But I trust they know what they're doing, especially since they probably spent a lot of money researching their sweet spot for a price point...whatever that may end up being.

I mean we on the PlayStation 5 here. 5 generations of good production over 25 years.