"Cotton Picking Cherries Then Cinnamon Next" Cotto vs Geale/ Afternoon PBC Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Martinez by Decision or KO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup: theres only one Mexican Hero :smugjr:

I had Canelo beating Trout N Lara too...I don't change how I score fights based on who I like N who I don't :manny:

But certain Canelo Stans wanna :stylin:bout Lara N Trout... like we didn't hear the boos, didn't see trash being thrown in the ring like the NWO jus laid out Sting

Same Stans making 5 paragraph essays bout other fighters close fights tho :mjlol:

:heh:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Same nikkas that cry robbery N gave Peterson 9 or 10 rds over Swift...cuz of Lamonts boxing N defense N making Swift miss

Had Canelo over Laras boxing N defense N making Canelo miss...no robbery:dead:
Gotta engage your oppenent. If Lamont would have gotten aggressive sooner he could have easily won. He had almost a ten pounds weight advantage he should have applied pressure sooner :manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Michael Buffer just makes every fight sound big...I see why he's paid what he is:wow:
I was feeling the same yesterday. I usually DVR the Haymon cards because I am not with their whole presentation. Too much talking and doesn't have the atmosphere. HBO still has the best presentation as far as making it feel like a big event each time you tune in...and Showtime is still world's ahead of PBC.

On to the card. A lot of exposing on the PBC telecast.
Guerrero. :scust: I have never been a fan and have thought he wasn't at the same level as these other regular TV cats in the weight division. That performance was just horrible. He was lucky the ref didn't stop the fight in the fourth. He came back, but had to do it by boxing and keeping distance. The one skill Guerrero has shown to be better at than his opponents lately is ugly inside fighting. He got his ass kicked on the inside. His power wasn't there last night and he kept slapping with his punches.
The ref who had it 97-92 should be ashamed. I thought a 95-94 card for Martinez was good. The 95-94 was Guerrero probably wasn't what I would have scored it...but at least it was understandable.

Cuellar didn't look overly impressive. He was getting out boxed by Vic and only gained momentum when his size/power advantage took over. Cuellar isn't ready for the real big boys at the top yet.

Honestly I didn't know Luna, but he seemed hyped as an up and comer. He has plenty of work to do as well. With his size advantage and the clean shots he was landing I thought his power might be more effective, but it never disuaded the opponent.

And Cotto-Geale was an excellent fight. I thought Geale might last a bit longer due to his size allowing him to take more punishment. Cotto is pretty quick, so we knew he was going to get to him, but he surprised me with how effective his power was.
Cotto-Canelo :blessed:. This is going to be a great fight, possibly FOTY. Far more intriguing than that last superfight...cause these two will mix it up and test each other. All the casuals want to see a super fight with the two guys mixing it up, you better pay attention. Boxing isn't just Mayweather and Pacquiao. :ufdup:

I think this is going to be a real close fight and I think Cotto presents a lot of problems that Canelo has shown holes in, but previous competition wasn't as good as Cotto. I expect Cotto to be the quicker fighter and quite possibly the bigger puncher. He also has proven he is durable even in losses against better opponents, as well as having better stamina. Canelo will be physically bigger, have good power of his own, and I think is just entering his prime so he will continue to improve all around.

Cotto did stutter on the GGG question, but I don't care. I haven't been real excited for that fight. Cotto isn't a true MW. The only reason I ever talk about them fighting is because if Cotto wants to fight other MW's and defend the belt, then he should fight GGG.

I still think GGG beats Cotto. GGG has a better chin than Geale, is more talented as a boxer and has more power. Cotto's strength will be his speed, but GGG can cut the ring off better and can actually hurt Cotto.
Because Canelo will eventually move to MW full time and the fact I think he wants the fight more, I would prefer GGG-Canelo.:manny:
And that someone said GGG should fight the Charlo's. :heh: First won't happen because they are with Haymon, second they are at 154, and third their struggle boxing would get destroyed by GGG.
GGG getting love love at MSG on a Cotto night. He is cracking more into the mainstream and building his brand. :banderas:

I also don't have a problem with Geale saying he didn't want more. That wasn't quitting to me. He just prevented what we all knew was going to happen. He had nothing for Cotto and was going to get rocketed to the canvas with another left hook. Sometimes it is better to fight another day, than get knocked unconscious. Geale has proven enough in his career that I think we can believe that if he wanted out, he knew Cotto was going to knock him down painfully for a third time. I knew I didnt need to see any more. It would have just been unnecessary punishment.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was feeling the same yesterday. I usually DVR the Haymon cards because I am not with their whole presentation. Too much talking and doesn't have the atmosphere. HBO still has the best presentation as far as making it feel like a big event each time you tune in...and Showtime is still world's ahead of PBC.

On to the card. A lot of exposing on the PBC telecast.
Guerrero. :scust: I have never been a fan and have thought he wasn't at the same level as these other regular TV cats in the weight division. That performance was just horrible. He was lucky the ref didn't stop the fight in the fourth. He came back, but had to do it by boxing and keeping distance. The one skill Guerrero has shown to be better at than his opponents lately is ugly inside fighting. He got his ass kicked on the inside. His power wasn't there last night and he kept slapping with his punches.
The ref who had it 97-92 should be ashamed. I thought a 95-94 card for Martinez was good. The 95-94 was Guerrero probably wasn't what I would have scored it...but at least it was understandable.

Cuellar didn't look overly impressive. He was getting out boxed by Vic and only gained momentum when his size/power advantage took over. Cuellar isn't ready for the real big boys at the top yet.

Honestly I didn't know Luna, but he seemed hyped as an up and comer. He has plenty of work to do as well. With his size advantage and the clean shots he was landing I thought his power might be more effective, but it never disuaded the opponent.

And Cotto-Geale was an excellent fight. I thought Geale might last a bit longer due to his size allowing him to take more punishment. Cotto is pretty quick, so we knew he was going to get to him, but he surprised me with how effective his power was.
Cotto-Canelo :blessed:. This is going to be a great fight, possibly FOTY. Far more intriguing than that last superfight...cause these two will mix it up and test each other. All the casuals want to see a super fight with the two guys mixing it up, you better pay attention. Boxing isn't just Mayweather and Pacquiao. :ufdup:

I think this is going to be a real close fight and I think Cotto presents a lot of problems that Canelo has shown holes in, but previous competition wasn't as good as Cotto. I expect Cotto to be the quicker fighter and quite possibly the bigger puncher. He also has proven he is durable even in losses against better opponents, as well as having better stamina. Canelo will be physically bigger, have good power of his own, and I think is just entering his prime so he will continue to improve all around.

Cotto did stutter on the GGG question, but I don't care. I haven't been real excited for that fight. Cotto isn't a true MW. The only reason I ever talk about them fighting is because if Cotto wants to fight other MW's and defend the belt, then he should fight GGG.

I still think GGG beats Cotto. GGG has a better chin than Geale, is more talented as a boxer and has more power. Cotto's strength will be his speed, but GGG can cut the ring off better and can actually hurt Cotto.
Because Canelo will eventually move to MW full time and the fact I think he wants the fight more, I would prefer GGG-Canelo.:manny:
And that someone said GGG should fight the Charlo's. :heh: First won't happen because they are with Haymon, second they are at 154, and third their struggle boxing would get destroyed by GGG.

I also don't have a problem with Geale saying he didn't want more. That wasn't quitting to me. He just prevented what we all knew was going to happen. He had nothing for Cotto and was going to get rocketed to the canvas with another left hook. Sometimes it is better to fight another day, than get knocked unconscious. Geale has proven enough in his career that I think we can believe that if he wanted out, he knew Cotto was going to knock him down painfully for a third time. I knew I didnt need to see any more. It would have just been unnecessary punishment.
homie shoulda just stayed down
getting up and saying no more is a no no in boxing

cotto vs canelo will be fight of the year

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His GPA is like a 2.2 with the dudes he beat, breh would get the :francis: from a local state school with that shyt.

Predictable GGGarbageboy talk before I could even finish the thread "Miguel scary of GGG :gladbron:" Even thought he fought fukking prime pacquiao, floyd, mosley and is about to get busy with cinnamon. Oh GGG the unstoppable adamantium jaw concrete handed fearless warrior, who's been rumbling with ESPN fighters, generic euro style trash, old mexican gym teachers who came to fight one last time on some "yea i'll take a dive for that much :ehh:", and the only dude he's fought with paws is Curtis Stevens. How you had 36 fights and your best scalp is Murray :huhldup:
Damn y'all making me sound like a Cotto stan :snoop:
:russ:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
homie shoulda just stayed down
getting up and saying no more is a no no in boxing

cotto vs canelo will be fight of the year
I see what you are saying, but maybe he wanted to test his legs out and see what he thought. In cases like that I won't be hard on the fighter though, because he was getting his ass kicked and all signs pointed to it getting worse.
I am not a fan of seeing guys get beat to the point of being scared for their health. There is that difference of pulling through in a tough fight and not giving up when you are tested vs. the fights where the guy continually gets hurt and never can do anything back.

Canelo-Cotto legit is probably going to be the best fight thus year. :blessed:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Same nikkas that cry robbery N gave Peterson 9 or 10 rds over Swift...cuz of Lamonts boxing N defense N making Swift miss

Had Canelo over Laras boxing N defense N making Canelo miss...no robbery:dead:
Nah you not factoring in ring generalship breh

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Forget PED outlanding him in almost every round :mjlol: nah we gave him rounds for defense. :shaq2:
struggle set tryin to compare canelo/trout to garcia/peterson:mjlol:. canelo didn't get his ears boxed off for 6 rounds then completely bullied and backed down in the 2nd half. canelo's face was spotless after facing trout. danny meanwhile:francis::Gift: