"Cotton Picking Cherries Then Cinnamon Next" Cotto vs Geale/ Afternoon PBC Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Martinez by Decision or KO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
He hasn't fought anyone...

There is no one for him to fight at 160 and won't move up to take on a legitimate challenge in Andre Ward...

He'd rather keep fighting cans at 160 and beg for fights with WW's...
Completely agree
<<<< :blessed:

Cotto has looked sharp as fukk. I dont care who its against. Sure, Geale got rocked last fight and went through shyt with weight..and Sergio couldnt move for shyt..but anyone saying Cotto hasnt looked vastly improved is lying their ass off.

Everything about him in the ring looks better than it has been in like 5-6 years if not longer.

I dont take him stuttering about GGG as being shook at all. Thats also some hater shyt. He was literally just asked about fighting Canelo and said its a go..you think he was expecting to be asked about another opponent right after confirming his next fight? :dwillhuh:

Then he basically said if GGG is available and the situation dictates itself he's down to fight him. What else do you want? How many boxers, right after KO'ing someone, line up their next two fights in order in a post-fight in-ring interview? :comeon:

Whether he actually wants to fight him or not is besides the point..fact is his reaction to the question really shouldnt indicate shyt other than he is open to it but is obviously focusing on Canelo. (which is going to be a great fight btw)...and hell..if he fights Canelo and has the option (somehow) of a rematch with Floyd or a fight with GGG..what should he do? Fight GGG because people think he's scared? Or get a crack at Floyd before Floyd trots off into the sunset? If that is even remotely possible..on top of everything else...there is absolutely no reason for Cotto to have reacted any differently to that question than he did.
Agreed.
Alah Haymon and the PBC got us eating good...

That decision in the Guerrero fight today is exactly what the sport didn't need though...

Robberies on national television...:smh:
What happened? I missed it
:russ:

hes just been and still trying to delay the inevitable canelo beatdown.. he knows that fight will be used to make canelo flair the next ppv king and he hates it
won't happen. I agree they're trynna groom Canelo, but Canelo won't be beating down Cotto. It will be an even fight, with Cotto out boxing him down the stretch

:ufdup: I told you nonbelievers we about that action. Stop throwing GGGs name around like he means shyt to us, he hasn't beat or fought anybody of note. He has to get a ticket and get in line behind Canelo. Ginger up next in the fall.

:childplease: And stop with the "winner of Canelo and Cotto gets GGG" like he's sitting on a throne somewhere waiting for the battles to end like a final boss on a video game. He has a nice little KO streak going but :camby:. Go fight a Charlo or something then we'll consider cutting you in on this money. Dude is 1 year younger than Cotto with a resume full of TSA workers fighting in 800 seat arenas tryna dictate terms :mjlol:
lololol good stuff

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cotto looked strong brehs

Canelo is still going to walk all over him

GGG waiting for both these dudes to come swimming in the deep end :ufdup:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Lets see Miguel Cotto at 154 basically prolly blew up to 165? Knocked the fukk out of a 182lb Geale that people were shocked GGGarbageMen 'dominated'

Lampley a disgusting dikkrider :huhldup:

Great performance by that fakkit @Skip b was prolly lickin his lips before his ma made him turn on liftetime or ovation

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Watched the fight again. Cotto's footwork is really something to praise. Canelo's gonna miss a lot more punches than people think brehs.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
so funny how nikkas try to prop up geale, rubio murray like their great wins for ggg.

ggg hasnt fought a b level fighter yet probably :deadmanny:
His GPA is like a 2.2 with the dudes he beat, breh would get the :francis: from a local state school with that shyt.

Predictable GGGarbageboy talk before I could even finish the thread "Miguel scary of GGG :gladbron:" Even thought he fought fukking prime pacquiao, floyd, mosley and is about to get busy with cinnamon. Oh GGG the unstoppable adamantium jaw concrete handed fearless warrior, who's been rumbling with ESPN fighters, generic euro style trash, old mexican gym teachers who came to fight one last time on some "yea i'll take a dive for that much :ehh:", and the only dude he's fought with paws is Curtis Stevens. How you had 36 fights and your best scalp is Murray :huhldup:
Damn y'all making me sound like a Cotto stan :snoop:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:francis: newzz you cool and all...but its taking everything in my power not to neg..

Sergio was not 100% and being real, Martin Murray arguably beat him for the title..

Martin Murray ranked middleweight contender never stopped....was stopped by GGG.:francis:

Daniel Geale already had his soul taken...and GGG didnt need to weight drain him.

And Delvin Rodriguez!?:usure: is a c level fighter whos biggest nod to his name is

Willie Monroe>>>>Delvin Rodriguez

Marco Antonio is a C level middleweight contender:ld:

I aint the biggest fan of GGG but damn lets be real here:sas2:

I'm just happy Cotto did what he was supposed to do...and now we get Canelo/Cotto:blessed:

:stopitslime:

I'm referring to their last 3 fights....not mixing and matching:ufdup:

Daniel Geale > Willie Monroe Jr.

Sergio Martinez > Martin Murray (Sergio beat him...ain't no arguably about it)

Delvin Rodriguez < Marco Antonio Rubio

GGG last fight was LITERALLY against a dude who was barely known for fighting on ESPN. Talking down on Delvin Rodriguez, at least Cotto destroyed him. Willie Monroe was putting hands on GGG and had GGG lying to the public afterwards talking about "I let him hit me":usure:

And you brought up weight drained?:dwillhuh:

Geale was 182 in the ring last night....far from drained. And not only did Cotto outbox him, getting hit LESS than GGG did even though Cotto fought Geale for 1 more round, he also KOd the much larger man:comeon:

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Watched the fight again. Cotto's footwork is really something to praise. Canelo's gonna miss a lot more punches than people think brehs.
Definitely going to give Canelo problems with his movement early on but lets not act like Cotton is capable of doing that for 12 rounds...When's the last time he outboxed somebody worth a damn for 12 rounds?

It's funny to me how quickly cats forget HBO gassing Cotton as rejuveated when he joined up with the Cuban...How impressive he was boxing around a one legged Yuri Foreman, Ricardo can extraordinaire Mayorga and cyclops-cheato...Then he fought a pair of healthy skilled boxers in Mayweather and Trout and looked like the same old Kneeguel Cotton who can't box for 12 rounds...He is doing the exact same thing now, building hype under a new trainer fighting cans...Any above average boxer can move impressively against cyclopses, punching bags and one legged men...Let's see if he can do that against a young gun, who is faster, stronger and just as skilled...My money knows he can't...

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Geale definitely not the real deal, he quits in his biggest fights take your beating like a man on your shield. If he gets another fight on HBO he needs to sign a no quit clause on the contract only his corner and the ref/doctor can stop the fight.

Cotto vs Canelo should be a good fight.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:stopitslime:

I'm referring to their last 3 fights....not mixing and matching:ufdup:

Daniel Geale > Willie Monroe Jr.

Sergio Martinez > Martin Murray (Sergio beat him...ain't no arguably about it)

Delvin Rodriguez < Marco Antonio Rubio

GGG last fight was LITERALLY against a dude who was barely known for fighting on ESPN. Talking down on Delvin Rodriguez, at least Cotto destroyed him. Willie Monroe was putting hands on GGG and had GGG lying to the public afterwards talking about "I let him hit me":usure:

And you brought up weight drained?:dwillhuh:

Geale was 182 in the ring last night....far from drained. And not only did Cotto outbox him, getting hit LESS than GGG did even though Cotto fought Geale for 1 more round, he also KOd the much larger man:comeon:
:lawd:
Keep fightin the good fight brother. How dare someone compare GGG boxing standing with Cotto. Cotto a fakkit and all that but he a HOF boxer idk where the confusion comes from. Yea he's got touched up by some elite fighters had an ehh performance against trout, but always bring its :yeshrug:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Muhfukkers Looooove to bring up close fights N "robbery" with boxers they don't like

But let it be a boxer they Stan N its we "beat Trout we beat Lara ":comeon: