Corporate Peeps: Fade vs Haircut

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Will this give us an upper hand in the workplace in the eyes of employers???

image.php

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My cousin has Flocka length dreds, had a 3.8 gpa and two internships.

Got a job in the corporate world 2 months before graduation.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Because I highly dislike being misrepresented, let me clarify my point since you're having so much trouble grasping it.

If a guy doesn't hire you simply because of your LOOKS, you DON'T want to bother with them because BS is most likely going to occur based off the off the bat prejudice. Any sort of prejudice shouldn't be tolerated. If you're fully qualified but somehow disqualified because of your braids, your dreadlocks, your fukking fade? Why bother with such people?

But like I said, do you...Toby :win:

I call you Toby because you'll bend to someone else's will for something that should not even matter, changing who you are to appease someone :smh:. As long as there are people like you that do such things, injustice will still occur.

so if one person who is responsible for hiring has a prejudice against rows or fades or mohawks, then i should drop my dream of working for that company? :childplease: weak ass nikka...you do realize you might match up equally with another candidate so they'll use trivial things like hairstyle as a tie-breaker for who they choose? it might not be fair, but it's the reality of working in a conservative environment.

but it's sad that you think getting a cesar cut is somehow bending over backwards to please white folks. pure stupidity.

anyways the markets just opened so i'll leave you to continue to pat yourself on the back for keeping it real thru your hairstyle. :lolbron:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin

exactly, these dudes are just uncle toms deep down inside and just want to do anything to get on massa side so they can sleep in the house breh, They think that the more they look like what a tobey should look like the higher their chances of getting a gig will be.

:to:

I'm not a big fan of braids on males but a large majority of black women in the workplace refuse to perm their hair and go to work with locs and braids. Its a shame they have more of a backbone than us males do.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

he will hit a ceiling at some point.....I work in DOD and seen the top of the top....nobody got dreads...also look on the wall of any corporation where they have board members and top-level exec's.....any of them got dreads???

It is what it is...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
exactly, these dudes are just uncle toms deep down inside and just want to do anything to get on massa side so they can sleep in the house breh, the more they look like what a tobey should look like the higher their chances of getting a gig will be.

Are you self-projecting?! :ooh:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
he will hit a ceiling at some point.....I work in DOD and seen the top of the top....nobody got dreads...also look on the wall of any corporation where they have board members and top-level exec's.....any of them got dreads???

It is what it is...

if the top exec is a black man or woman in his/her 60s with bob marley dreds then your tom ass is like :wow:

all this boot licking for nothing :to:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
exactly, these dudes are just uncle toms deep down inside and just want to do anything to get on massa side so they can sleep in the house breh, They think that the more they look like what a tobey should look like the higher their chances of getting a gig will be.

I'm not a big fan of braids on males but a large majority of black women in the workplace refuse to perm their hair and go to work with locs and braids. Its a shame they have more of a backbone than us males do.

nope. It all depends. This internship I got now I could probably pull it off too...go to a Google and Im sure theyd look past it but go to a JP Morgan Chase and youll get the :wtb:

lets be real. whawts your occupation anyway? Customer Service rep?

YBE

Banned
Daps
What do you do & how much do you make Tom? :birdman:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
if the top exec is a black man or woman in his/her 60s with bob marley dreds then your tom ass is like :wow:

all this boot licking for nothing :to:

:childplease: I'm sure when pigs fly, I may see that. But fareal...you dont 60 year black guys with dreads in corporate America.

Possible you may see a woman :ehh:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
calling a spade a spade breh, theres black college professors in oxford and yale with long natty dreds b

:ehh:

we need a malcolm x/khalid muhammad smiley for nikkas like u b :wtb:

That's corporate America?

You read the thread title, b?