Corporate Peeps: Fade vs Haircut

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was in corporate america for 14 years, and all i ever rocked was fades. i even had braids at one time. it's not the haircut, it's the individual and what you bring to the table. if a company tries to play you because of your hairstyle, that means that they are trying to find a reason to either fire you or not hire you at all.

:pacspit: on them....

I have to disagree. Hair is part of your image. You could be the most effective, qualified employee in the world and your probably not going to get that far if you dress like a hobo. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the way it is :ehh:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
black powerful? i can smell the mayonnaise on you from here.

to call someone toby b/c they feel it necessary to present themselves in a certain way to better their life is beyond ignorant. your username fits you well clown.

Because I highly dislike being misrepresented, let me clarify my point since you're having so much trouble grasping it.

If a guy doesn't hire you simply because of your LOOKS, you DON'T want to bother with them because BS is most likely going to occur based off the off the bat prejudice. Any sort of prejudice shouldn't be tolerated. If you're fully qualified but somehow disqualified because of your braids, your dreadlocks, your fukking fade? Why bother with such people?

But like I said, do you...Toby :win:

I call you Toby because you'll bend to someone else's will for something that should not even matter, changing who you are to appease someone :smh:. As long as there are people like you that do such things, injustice will still occur.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I have to disagree. Hair is part of your image. You could be the most effective, qualified employee in the world and your probably not going to get that far if you dress like a hobo. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the way it is :ehh:

a black person wearing anything other than a baldie or a ceaser = hobo :childplease:

tobey ass nikka :childplease:

I bet u got a nose job also, because we all know wide noses and big lips is a no no in the corporate workplace

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
stop being a corporate c00n and rock some dreds breh

My old roomate has dreads he been growing since freshman year at college.....his girl-friend is considering leaving him because he cant get a job......:sadbron:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
i was in corporate america for 14 years, and all i ever rocked was fades. i even had braids at one time. it's not the haircut, it's the individual and what you bring to the table. if a company tries to play you because of your hairstyle, that means that they are trying to find a reason to either fire you or not hire you at all.

:pacspit: on them....

c'mon son, u ain't steppin in the door with braids or dreads. u gotta already be established before u attempt to go that route. lets be reality here.

YBE

Banned
Daps
Both of yall got a point...

It's sad that black men have to play the game to get ahead all because white men feel threatened.

On the other hand, if you have thousands of dollars in loans, its pretty pitiful of you to risk losing a job just to keep your fade. Get in, then act a fool :smugdraper:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
eventually you realize its not worth it.

I always get a regular cut anyways...but I'd have to have at least got my rep up, built some good relationships and shyt before I start trying to switch it up.

Until then its all black dress socks, conservative white or blue dress shirt, blue suit, zero facial hair, and a caesar when i go to an interview.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Does having lighter skin and a thinner nose increase ur chances of getting a corporate job also?

should we be copping that skin bleach to have an upper hand early?

Just in case, u gotta be prepared ya know