Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“The media” is a catch all phrase that doesn’t mean much of anything. Literally everything you know about the virus came from “ the media” only way to get the entire picture is to diversify your information sources.
Those briefings are an absolute circus. I agree their questions are retarded but the overall premise is retarded to begin with. I’m not even sure wtf they are even supposed to do about it. If they don’t play along they are silenced immediately.

So where’s the happy medium. Again with so many dead, shouldn’t we all be scared?
So where’s the happy medium. Again with so many dead, shouldn’t we all be scared

I think it’s good to put it in proper perspective see the mortality rate realize after tests were done A lot more people had this then we thought so the Mortality rate is even lower and if you’re under 50 and relatively healthy chances are extremely high that you will live if u get it even though it’s not impossible

With that said you should still be cautious not it’s for yourself but for others

So if you’re not old and healthy take proper precautions still but it shouldn’t be something that terrifies you and destroys your mental health because you think it’s a death sentence. Chances are you’re gonna survive it. Have a healthy respect for it but it’s not to everyone point where it should cripple you with fear

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is that we're trying to control spread. It doesn't matter if people under a certain age can survive it. Every measure put in place right now is to stop the spread.

So yes, chances are, you're going to live. That's doesn't mean everyone shouldn't be extremely careful.

i totally agree I wasn’t talking about opening things up quickly it was more about mental health and not being crippled with fear an anxiety about it

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i totally agree I wasn’t talking about opening things up quickly it was more about mental health and not being crippled with fear an anxiety about it

If you're seeing or hearing people you know having severe symptoms or dying from this virus, it's going to cause anxiety. People just don't want to get sick. Period.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah but I still think writing it off for people 20-40 in decent health surviving is a broad brush to paint with. What is surviving because going to a hospital and being on a ventilator and making it is great but who wants that? We haven’t even gotten to the stage where then bills for those treatment have become a story.

I understand your point and mentally you are right in that we can’t let it cripple us but I think people need to be very cautious and I think some people simply aren’t.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're seeing or hearing people you know having severe symptoms or dying from this virus, it's going to cause anxiety. People just don't want to get sick. Period.

I have.but put it in proper perspective is all I’m saying. Chances are slim you’re gonna die if you’re not old and healthy I’m not saying to be reckless and think it’s impossible I’m saying don’t let it consume you.

If you want to think doom and gloom and were all gonna die be my guest I just choose not to operate that way.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but I still think writing it off for people 20-40 in decent health surviving is a broad brush to paint with. What is surviving because going to a hospital and being on a ventilator and making it is great but who wants that? We haven’t even gotten to the stage where then bills for those treatment have become a story.

I understand your point and mentally you are right in that we can’t let it cripple us but I think people need to be very cautious and I think some people simply aren’t.

I’ve said numerous times we still have to be cautious.

I’m just trying to give some optimism to people who are struggling mentally that chances are still small that you’ll end up dead or on an ventilator try not to let it consume you.

Some people here get mad at anyone showing any hope or optimism like how miserable can you be to be angry at hope.

But I suspect there people either trolling or who suffer from some sort of depression

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Washington Post
6 hrs ·
Chinese health officials on Sunday claimed that the city of Wuhan no longer has any coronavirus patients in the hospital, a significant step towards combating the virus in the city that was once its epicenter.

Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House’s coronavirus task force, said on Saturday night that she expects the number of coronavirus deaths in the United States to go way down by the end of next month.

About this website

WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Live updates: China’s Wuhan claims it has no coronavirus cases in hospital
Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House’s coronavirus task force, said on Saturday night that she expects the number of coronavirus deaths in the United States to go way down by the end of next month.

What do you guys think lol?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think it’s good to put it in proper perspective see the mortality rate realize after tests were done A lot more people had this then we thought so the Mortality rate is even lower and if you’re under 50 and relatively healthy chances are extremely high that you will live if u get it even though it’s not impossible

With that said you should still be cautious not it’s for yourself but for others

So if you’re not old and healthy take proper precautions still but it shouldn’t be something that terrifies you and destroys your mental health because you think it’s a death sentence. Chances are you’re gonna survive it. Have a healthy respect for it but it’s not to everyone point where it should cripple you with fear
Arguing over the mortality rate is nonsense.

200k and counting dead is what matters. And that’s with drastic changes to society.

It’s not just old people. Everyday, generally healthy people die and at the very least it’s the worst illnesses they will ever see in their life.

Again what do you want the media to say with 200,000 dead and the only way to stop it is to stop people from spreading it?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Washington Post
6 hrs ·
Chinese health officials on Sunday claimed that the city of Wuhan no longer has any coronavirus patients in the hospital, a significant step towards combating the virus in the city that was once its epicenter.

About this website

WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Live updates: China’s Wuhan claims it has no coronavirus cases in hospital

What do you guys think lol?

It'll probably go down in the big cities (NY, Cali, etc.) but it's going to start spreading to suburban/rural areas pretty soon.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I think there needs to be a healthy balance here.

No, that's some both sides sh*t. COVID-19 is not the flu, saying otherwise is misinformation.

The death toll is at 50K with social distancing and shelter in place. Imagine if that had of happened sooner and at a national level. Now imagine the inverse if none of it ever happened at all.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The “Noble” prize. My goodness.

Someone retweeted this and I didn’t think it was real at first. He outdoes himself every day.

"I will often be in the Oval Office late into the night & read & see that I am angrily eating a hamburger & Diet Coke in my bedroom. "

tumblr_inline_nudo4sjQrL1roeqj4_500.gif

Take me out of this simulation. Ctrl+Alt+Reboot :damn: