Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arguing over the mortality rate is nonsense.

200k and counting dead is what matters. And that’s with drastic changes to society.

It’s not just old people. Everyday, generally healthy people die and at the very least it’s the worst illnesses they will ever see in their life.

Again what do you want the media to say with 200,000 dead and the only way to stop it is to stop people from spreading it?

I’m not talking the media or social distancing I agree we should.

I’m talking mental health and putting the virus in perspective is why I mention the death rate for people who are losing it

if you wish not to think positively at all and think even a healthy person will more then likely die from this even if it’s not true go for it.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, that's some both sides sh*t. COVID-19 is not the flu, saying otherwise is misinformation.

The death toll is at 50K with social distancing and shelter in place. Imagine if that had of happened sooner and at a national level. Now imagine the inverse if none of it ever happened at all.

once again I never said it was the flu I know it’s not. (Though if they mentioned the names everyday during flu season of everyone who dies from it people would be scared of the flu.)

My point is if you’re healthy odds are still hugely in your favor to survive. That doesn’t mean I’m saying don’t take it seriously or don’t social distance I’m just telling people who are struggling mentally that there’s hope.

i apologize to those of you who are offended by any optimism or hope

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
There is a difference between thinking positively and being realistic. Anyone pushing this "doom and gloom" or "negative thinking" narrative are essentially pushing the same "this is no big deal" narrative that was rampant when this first started.

It is in fact a big deal but there are very simple ways to protect yourself from contracting the virus. People are only "losing it" because they can't handle not being able to do what they want or they are distressed for financial reasons.

The media will continue to paint the picture it does because there are still millions of people who don't get how big of a deal it is. It looks like sensationalism to you because you are the people they keep turning up the volume to reach.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
There is a difference between thinking positively and being realistic. Anyone pushing this "doom and gloom" or "negative thinking" narrative are essentially pushing the same "this is no big deal" narrative that was rampant when this first started.

It is in fact a big deal but there are very simple ways to protect yourself from contracting the virus. People are only "losing it" because they can't handle not being able to do what they want or they are distressed for financial reasons.

The media will continue to paint the picture it does because there are still millions of people who don't get how big of a deal it is. It looks like sensationalism to you because you are the people they keep turning up the volume to reach.
Or he could be trolling with a useless circle argument he has no intention on ending

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The New York Times
2 hrs ·
"Downing Street’s daily updates are worlds away from the White House’s in tone, but they share a purpose: to control the narrative and deflect blame over a heavily criticized response," writes Mark Landler.

Downing Street’s daily updates are worlds away from the White House’s in tone, but they share a purpose: to control the narrative and deflect blame over a heavily criticized response.

About this website

NYTIMES.COM

U.K. Coronavirus Briefings Offer a More Genteel Spin Than Trump’s
Downing Street’s daily updates are worlds away from the White House’s in tone, but they share a purpose: to control the narrative and deflect blame over a heavily criticized response.

smh

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
]

Exactly. Seems like the only people losing it are the ones that act like not being able to go a restaurant or party in large groups is the end of life.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m not talking the media or social distancing I agree we should.

I’m talking mental health and putting the virus in perspective is why I mention the death rate for people who are losing it

if you wish not to think positively at all and think even a healthy person will more then likely die from this even if it’s not true go for it.
I don’t think that, and I don’t think very many people do.

what I do think is that most of us come in daily contact with those most at risk, so we should all be even more careful than we are.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Whenever I see someone running without a mask I want to deck them

:snoop:
Have you ever ran with a mask?

The CDC and WHO say you can run without a mask. Just maintain your six feet of distance.
I think people who are old and have conditions should be extremely careful.

While people under 50 with no prior conditions have died from this I think it’s safe to say chances are highly in your favor still that you’re gonna survive this if you’re healthy and on your 20’s to 40’s
Nah homie, young people are having strokes due to this. We keep saying its not killing young people, but having strokes and not being able to breathe again without a ventilator isn't small potatoes. Just because they aren't dying doesn't mean lives aren't drastically changing as a result of infection.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
Yesterday at 6:00 PM ·
An overwhelming majority of inmates from four states' prison systems that tested positive for coronavirus have reportedly been asymptomatic. As the pandemic continues, some experts worry that these carriers pose a particular risk, with inmates living together and coming into close contact.

The US has more incarcerated persons than any other country in the world – over 2.3 million were reported in 2017.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Ninety-six percent of inmates in four state prisons who tested positive for coronavirus were asymptomatic: report
The US has more incarcerated persons than any other country in the world – over 2.3 million were reported in 2017.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think that, and I don’t think very many people do.

what I do think is that most of us come in daily contact with those most at risk, so we should all be even more careful than we are.

I’ve never argued any of that. IM all for being cautious and making sure you don’t give it to an older family member

I’m not one of these people who say we just should up now

I realize we’re trying to make sure the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed