Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Daps
Urgent cares don’t do shyt breh. If they can’t handle the situation the immediately defer to the ER. Some of them don’t even have proper equipment or meds to deal with illnesses.

That would depend on what was actually available. Every Urgent Care in my area where I've ever been to for my own care or where I've taken patients to has had on site labs for diagnostics, on-site pharmacies, x-ray machines, and basics you'd find on any crash cart.

It's wholly plausible that if they'd given him even minimal care like providing oxygen, getting his medical history, and treating him like an actual human being instead of telling him to go away and get his paper up, it would have increased his odds of surviving. He died six hours later after going into cardiac arrest. Care was delayed because he lacked insurance. That's the whole point the article and story is illustrating.

We don't know enough yet about his specific medical conditions and what care would have been available had he been insured. They don't even know for sure that he had contracted coronavirus. All we know for certain is that NO CARE WAS GIVEN. Suggesting his death was unavoidable is both an assumption and misses the point.

Daps

:what:

Son, are you pretending to be this dense? What does that or any exaggerated juelzing you've posted thus far about Urgent Care Centers being nothing more than a glorified elementary school nurses' office change about them failing to provide any care or treatment over a lack of insurance?

You're arguing with a medical professional trying to convince us that giving a person in distress medical care is irrelevant because they were going to die anyway.......when the whole point of giving care is to lessen the chances of that person dying in thr first place.

Hell, why even give someone CPR? They didn't collapse in an ER, they were fukked from the gate, right?

I literally just had a patient go into a 25 minute grand mal seizure less than an hour ago.

Maybe I should have just shrugged my shoulders and not did shyt. His dumb ass should have decided to have that seizure in the ER. :martin:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:what:

Son, are you pretending to be this dense? What does that or any exaggerated juelzing you've posted thus far about Urgent Care Centers being nothing more than a glorified elementary school nurses' office change about them failing to provide any care or treatment over a lack of insurance?

You're arguing with a medical professional trying to convince us that giving a person in distress medical care is irrelevant because they were going to die anyway.......when the whole point of giving care is to lessen the chances of that person dying in thr first place.

Hell, why even give someone CPR? They didn't collapse in an ER, they were fukked from the gate, right?

I literally just had a patient go into a 25 minute grand mal seizure less than an hour ago.

Maybe I should have just shrugged my shoulders and not did shyt. His dumb ass should have decided to have that seizure in the ER. :martin:

:unimpressed:

You're a medical professional.

Yet you're trying to diagnose someone without any information.

I hope you aren't a doctor :mjtf:

All you have is, a guy went to urgent care. Was told to go to the ER because he doesn't have insurance. He felt fine on Friday. He died on Wednesday after having a cardiac event and was resuscitated and survived for six hours at the hospital.

You're reaching to get to your own predetermined conclusion. :pachaha:

Note: you've somehow moved the goal post to this guy was having a heart attack and they just stepped over him like they were AI because he didn't have insurance. :russ:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That would depend on what was actually available. Every Urgent Care in my area where I've ever been to for my own care or where I've taken patients to has had on site labs for diagnostics, on-site pharmacies, x-ray machines, and basics you'd find on any crash cart.

It's wholly plausible that if they'd given him even minimal care like providing oxygen, getting his medical history, and treating him like an actual human being instead of telling him to go away and get his paper up, it would have increased his odds of surviving. He died six hours later after going into cardiac arrest. Care was delayed because he lacked insurance. That's the whole point the article and story is illustrating.

We don't know enough yet about his specific medical conditions and what care would have been available had he been insured. They don't even know for sure that he had contracted coronavirus. All we know for certain is that NO CARE WAS GIVEN. Suggesting his death was unavoidable is both an assumption and misses the point.
Urgent cares down here are shytty as fukk then:heh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
qmib0jzojbp41.jpg