Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

F K

All Star
Daps
From the article posted in this thread:

Looks like it wasn't coronavirus related. Sounds like breh had a heart condition.

If he had insurance maybe this condition would have been diagnosed earlier.

The headline is sensational, but nothing in it suggests he died because he wasn't treated at the urgent care facility, which has been my point all along.
I didn't disagree with you on that point! My only point is that if the mayor is telling the truth, I disagree that urgent care facilities should be able to turn people away for not having insurance.
They are perfectly within their rights to turn people away for medical reasons or lack of capacity, but straight up denying care for not having insurance is no good.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
they airlifted one girl to a "better hospital" for a 100k a day treatment that she clearly cant pay for? :dahell: who made that decision and how did she qualify in the midst of all this shortage in hospital care?

I’m not sure, they need to figure out how to transport them without billing them outrageously.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I didn't disagree with you on that point! My only point is that if the mayor is telling the truth, I disagree that urgent care facilities should be able to turn people away for not having insurance.
They are perfectly within their rights to turn people away for medical reasons or lack of capacity, but straight up denying care for not having insurance is no good.
And my point, which we're disagreeing on is that they turn people away because they aren't designed to treat people for emergencies.

Anyone who's been to one or read their website knows this.

"If this is an emergency please dial 911."

Urgent care centers generally fill the gap between scheduling an appointment with your primary provider and waiting or going to the ER and paying a fortune.

They're more convenience than anything else. :wow:

F K

All Star
Daps
And my point, which we're disagreeing on is that they turn people away because they aren't designed to treat people for emergencies.

Anyone who's been to one or read their website knows this.

"If this is an emergency please dial 911."

Urgent care centers generally fill the gap between scheduling an appointment with your primary provider and waiting or going to the ER and paying a fortune.

They're more convenience than anything else. :wow:
if they can handle an emergency for someone with insurance they should handle it for someone without. If they can't handle either that's cool too. but there should be no discrepancy in treatment for people in emergency situations.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
100k a day? :damn:

giphy.webp

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
if they can handle an emergency for someone with insurance they should handle it for someone without. If they can't handle either that's cool too. but there should be no discrepancy in treatment for people in emergency situations.
They don't handle emergencies for anyone. They don't take on that risk for scenarios such as this one where the patient dies.

But if you strained your back, get the clap, or have some mild bronchitis and need a script they got ya covered. It is what it is. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: F K

F K

All Star
Daps
They don't handle emergencies for anyone. They don't take on that risk for scenarios such as this one where the patient dies.

But if you strained your back, get the clap, or have some mild bronchitis and need a script they got ya covered. It is what it is. :manny:
then the mayor seems to have gotten his facts wrong

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

imagine being one of the few people left in his administration who has any sort of legitimacy and expertise and character. one of those people who aren't really about the politics and shyt, let alone being a fukking sycophant. imagine being that person, in a time like this, dealing with a fukking man-child like that. the president of united states going out of his way to be a petty piece of shyt while his country's infection rate and body count is starting to blow up during a global pandemic. "hold on guys, stop the meeting, stop the meeting. did you say gretchen whitmer? governor of what? ok, i remember now. what's another word for can't do shyt? i want to sound presidential. ineptitude? how do you spell that again?"

100k a day? :damn:

100k per day. unbelievable. what the fukk.