Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The American healthcare system is reaching its limits now. In days we’re going to see the effects of that.
Possibly, but the board is littered with post insinuating its the case now, and its not.
Right now, if I or a loved one gets ill, i dont want Scandinavian style healthcare, or french healthcare, or UK style healthcare.
I want American care.
:yeshrug:

Sweden:
121 Cases which had an outcome:
16 (13%)Recovered / Discharged
105 (87%)Deaths

Norway:
26 Cases which had an outcome:
7 (27%) Recovered / Discharged
19 (73%) Deaths

U.K.

894 Cases which had an outcome:
135 (15%) Recovered / Discharged
759 (85%) Deaths

:scust:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
:beli:The American healthcare system is doing a much better job than the systems progressives opine for.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 598,032 Cases and 27,371 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

You’re conflating quality of care and cost of care.

We certainly have the best quality of care. It’s the astronomical cost of care that’s the issue. Particularly given low federal minimum wage, stagnant wages, rising cost of everything, etc...

The primary issue is simply that low-cost, high-quality health care is fundamentally incompatible with a capitalist-driven healthcare market. How can you have low-cost if distributors are allowed to charge $1000 for a single aspirin (exaggeration, but still...)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:beli:The American healthcare system is doing a much better job than the systems progressives opine for.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 598,032 Cases and 27,371 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
:picard:Sort the chart by deaths per a million... Jesus
I guess that means according to your chart it's Nigeria and India that lead the world in healthcare efficacy. :mjlol:

Using that chart to back that claim is stupid-ignorant on so many levels...can you go ahead and tell me all the objections you already knew about but posted anyway, so I only have to educate you on the ones you were actually ignorant of?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I guess that means according to your chart it's Nigeria and India that lead the world in healthcare efficacy. :mjlol:

Using that chart to back that claim is stupid-ignorant on so many levels...can you go ahead and tell me all the objections you already knew about but posted anyway, so I only have to educate you on the ones you were actually ignorant of?
Never heard anyone say they "want Nigerian style healthcare", or "its working in Nigeria"...:ehh: Never even looked at their system.
Just comparing the systems referenced during the primary debates.

Anywho, :leostare:How is the American system not doing a great job of preserving life right now, while tackling the highest number of infected?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's human extinction levels. How long has Italy been putting up, in death tolls ranging from over 700 per day? 3 weeks already? Cause I don't see this going down for another 2 months......:francis:
Italy has actually only been putting up 600+ death tolls for 8 days, it only feels like longer cause all this shyt moving in slow motion. No one really has any idea how long it will last - it depends on a ton, including how much it spreads through the parts of the country that are relatively unaffected so far. Their daily new cases haven't dropped yet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Possibly, but the board is littered with post insinuating its the case now, and its not.
Right now, if I or a loved one gets ill, i dont want Scandinavian style healthcare, or french healthcare, or UK style healthcare.
I want American care.
:yeshrug:

Sweden:
121 Cases which had an outcome:
16 (13%)Recovered / Discharged
105 (87%)Deaths

Norway:
26 Cases which had an outcome:
7 (27%) Recovered / Discharged
19 (73%) Deaths

U.K.
894 Cases which had an outcome:
135 (15%) Recovered / Discharged
759 (85%) Deaths

:scust:

By that measure Spain, France, Germany, Iran, etc. are doing MUCH better than the USA in outcome ratios and they have much larger sample sizes. :gucci:

You're just grabbing stats at random, even if you have to use tiny-ass sample sizes to do it, and posting a few country comparisons that fit your narrative. If you made a full list in order you'd see the USA looks terrible by all the metrics you've been using. Not that it matters because at this point in the curves using those metrics is so stupid as to be almost meaningless.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
By that measure Spain, France, Germany, Iran, etc. are doing MUCH better than the USA in outcome ratios and they have much larger sample sizes. :gucci:

You're just grabbing stats at random that fit your narrative, even if you have to use tiny-ass sample sizes to do it, and posting a few country comparisons at random. If you made a full list in order you'd see the USA looks terrible by all the metrics you've been using. Not that it matters because at this point in the curves using those metrics is so stupid as to be almost meaningless.
Who claimed America was doing the best?:usure:
I said, our system is doing a great job of preserving life... and i later drew a comparison to the Scandinavian systems progressives often site when pushing M4A as superior.

Explain how I'm wrong/misguided in believing our system is performing well? All things
considered.

Edit: if HL posters are to be believed U.S. numbers are actually much better because we have inadequate testing, and the number of infected is actually much much higher in ratio to deaths.
Again, thats if HL posters are to be believed.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Who claimed America was doing the best?:usure:
I said, our system is doing a great job of preserving life... and i later drew a comparison to the Scandinavian systems progressives often site when pushing M4A as superior.

Explain how I'm wrong/misguided in believing our system is performing well?
Because comparing deaths/population is completely meaningless when everyone is at different points in the epidemic curve. Our deaths are accelerating rapidly while other countries already started that acceleration well before we did.

And comparing deaths to recoveries is totally meaningless when every country has completely different standards for who is tested and who is not and for reporting who is recovered and who is not. Denmark had their first case over a month ago yet only lists one recovery - you seriously think everyone in Denmark who got it has remained sick for five weeks and zero people are recovering? You really think out of 2,000 people who caught it in Denmark there wasn't a single mild case that went away on its own besides that "1" guy, not to mention hospitalized cases that got better? Or that they just have different hospitalization and reporting standards?

USA:
4229 Cases which had an outcome:

2525 (60%)Recovered / Discharged
1704 (40%)Deaths

France
7695 Cases which had an outcome:
5700 (74%) Recovered / Discharged
1995 (26%) Deaths

Iran
13511 Cases which had an outcome:
11133 (82%) Recovered / Discharged
2378 (18%) Deaths

Germany
7053 Cases which had an outcome:
6658 (94%) Recovered / Discharged
395 (6%) Deaths

South Korea
4955 Cases which had an outcome:
4811 (97%) Recovered / Discharged
144 (3%) Deaths

You really wanna play that dumb and claim to me that's showing a meaningful evaluation of health care system competence right there? That the USA can only save 60% of it's patients but Germany/South Korea can save 95%? You're taking that at face value?

And I used countries with real sample sizes, even if the data is still mostly meaningless at this point. You used countries with numbers like "16" and "7", some of the most meaningless sample sizes imaginable.