Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

F K

All Star
Daps
Usually you go into urgent care and they ask what you're there for. At that point they make you do a palm scan or whatever and then check if you have insurance.

At that point he was likely turned away and sent to the ER.

He died at the hospital, there's a good chance he would have had the same fate if he waited for go knows how long to be seen at the urgent care.

The reality is, he should have gone to the ER. But it's also very expensive. Maybe he would have went straight there if he had insurance.

That's a more reasonable argument.

It's also a great time to point out that our government has done an extremely poor job of informing people of the dangers of coronavirus and what they should do if they are experiencing symptoms that could be related to.

I find that to be much more productive then trying to argue that if M4A were in place they would have saved his life at urgent care.

It's an unnecessary leap to fuel your agenda that has nothing to do with your concern over his life. :mjlol:
I don't support Medicare for all, an australian-style public-private partnership is the best solution. I just find it morally abhorrent that anyone is turned away for medical care because of not having insurance, and the article said he was turned away for not having insurance. This whole situation just proves that our healthcare system is a complete clusterfukk. No need to build a strawman to feel like a big man.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I don't support Medicare for all, an australian-style public-private partnership is the best solution. I just find it morally abhorrent that anyone is turned away for medical care because of not having insurance, and the article said he was turned away for not having insurance. This whole situation just proves that our healthcare system is a complete clusterfukk. No need to build a strawman to feel like a big man.
No one is turned away in America...

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
:hhh: they need to change that law

an urgent care isn’t an emergency room

If the kid would’ve went to the ER he would’ve been treated and probably wouldn’t have been billed he’s too young to even enter contracts

While we’re doing hypotheticals trying to lay the blame why wasn’t he on his parents insurance and where were they?