Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Life under Jordan’s harsh virus lockdown
The quarantine law says anyone caught outside will be jailed for up to a year. The car is parked on the street outside, with a box of water in the boot. Do you risk it?

Such have been the sort of dilemmas facing people in Jordan since Saturday morning, when the Middle Eastern kingdom introduced one of the most stringent anti-coronavirus regimes in the world.

It was announced at 7am by rounds of air-raid sirens: every person in the country indefinitely confined to their homes. No grocery shopping. No trips to pharmacies. Not even a walk around the block. Those with medical emergencies could call the authorities, but anyone caught outside would be arrested. More than 800 people have been picked up so far, the military says.
This sounds like a real lockdown :picard:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
That's too accurate. Scary, even. He would campaign with that.

"The way we got rid of this damn china virus, some say it's the best response ever to a historic disaster. Remember, they say this is the biggest disaster in the history. I think they are right. I think. I might be wrong, but I think I'm right. Economic impact was much bigger than 9/11. bigger than the great depression itself, believe me folks. This was big. but we got through it. and we won, Chinese flu lost.

In fact, I think this Chinese Flu, some call it Kung Flu is the single greatest win in our history. It could've been bad, really really bad. I mean we could've lost millions of Americans which would've been devastating. But we weathered the Chinese storm. Sleepy Joe couldn't possibly handle this. You know it and I know it. You may not like me, but you have no choice to vote for me.

Now we are going to have 4 more years of great economic growth, believe me. No Chinese, North Korean, or Mexican flu will keep us down. We will build the biggest wall ever seen in this history and keep the bad stuff out, folks. Believe me I'll make it happen. Our economy will be better than ever, and we will keep America great.'

:stopitslime:

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
"The way we got rid of this damn china virus, some say it's the best response ever to a historic disaster. Remember, they say this is the biggest disaster in the history. I think they are right. I think. I might be wrong, but I think I'm right. Economic impact was much bigger than 9/11. bigger than the great depression itself, believe me folks. This was big. but we got through it. and we won, Chinese flu lost.

In fact, I think this Chinese Flu, some call it Kung Flu is the single greatest win in our history. It could've been bad, really really bad. I mean we could've lost millions of Americans which would've been devastating. But we weathered the Chinese storm. Sleepy Joe couldn't possibly handle this. You know it and I know it. You may not like me, but you have no choice to vote for me.

Now we are going to have 4 more years of great economic growth, believe me. No Chinese, North Korean, or Mexican flu will keep us down. We will build the biggest wall ever seen in this history and keep the bad stuff out, folks. Believe me I'll make it happen. Our economy will be better than ever, and we will keep America great.'

:stopitslime:
and the MAGA crowd goes TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
So I’m guessing if the shutdown is over in a week, the new line of thought by the republicans is that we don’t need the stimulus?

hope their base finally wakes up

Well pelosi is saying now a deal is close

But im.sure thats the reason why they want a 1 time payment

Which im ok if its high enough and they are willing to come back and readdress it if necessary

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Manu Dibango: African saxophone legend dies of Covid-19
  • 47 minutes ago
Related Topics
_111404408_mediaitem111404405.jpg
Image copyrightAFP
The African saxophone legend Manu Dibango has died in Paris after catching coronavirus.

Dibango - best known for his 1972 hit Soul Makossa - is one of the first global stars to die from Covid-19.

The 86-year-old fused jazz and funk music with traditional sounds from his home country, Cameroon.

He collaborated with numerous artists over a long career, including US pianist Herbie Hancock and Nigeria's Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti.

The Cameroonian musician filed a lawsuit in 2009 saying Michael Jackson had stolen a hook from his song, Soul Makossa, for two tracks on the world's best-selling album, Thriller. Jackson settled the case out of court.

Media captionManu Dibango speaks about some of his memorable outings
“It is with deep sadness that we announce you the loss of Manu Dibango, our Papy Groove,” a statement on his official Facebook page read.

His funeral will take place in “strict privacy”, the statement read, asking instead for people to send condolences by email and adding that a tribute will be arranged “when possible”.

Top African musicians Angelique Kidjo and Youssou Ndour have led the tributes.

'Giant of African music'
On Twitter, Kidjo shared a video, recorded two months ago, of her rehearsing the end of Soul Makossa with Dibango.

"You're the original giant of African music and a beautiful human being," the Beninois performer wrote.

Skip Twitter post by @angeliquekidjo
"); background-position: 16px 13px; border: 0px solid rgb(255, 255, 255); border-radius: 4px; font-weight: initial; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; visibility: visible; display: block; position: static; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px;">

Angelique Kidjo

✔@angeliquekidjo

https://twitter.com/angeliquekidjo/status/1242378202946965504

Verified
Dear #ManuDibango, you’ve always been there for me from my beginnings in Paris to this rehearsal just 2 months ago! You re the original Giant of African Music and a beautiful human being. This coda of #SoulMakossa is for you!

11:10 AM - Mar 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

2,236 people are talking about this

End of Twitter post by @angeliquekidjo

_109028083_1px_white_line-nc.png

Ndour called the Cameroonian a "genius" on the saxophone and described him as a "big brother, a pride for Cameroon and all of Africa".

Both Ndour and Kidjo, along with other stars such as Salif Keita, Papa Wemba and King Sunny Ade, worked on Dibango's 1992 album Wakafrika.

Speaking to the BBC in 2013 about how he wanted to be remembered, Dibango said: "When you are gone, it is finished, it is not up to me to say, 'I want this.'"

_111403919_gettyimages-74261179.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionManu Dibango, seen here in 1970, drew on a wide range of musical influences
Born in the Cameroonian city of Douala in 1933, which at the time was under French colonial rule, Dibango’s musical career spanned across more than six decades.

'Raised in the Hallelujah'
He grew up in a religious Protestant family, the AFP news agency reports, and his first musical influences came from the church.

"I'm a child raised in the 'Hallelujah'," he is quoted as saying.

But he drew on many influences and was well known for his eclectic style.

"I play different kinds of music before playing my own. I think that that's very important to play other people's music," he told the BBC in 2017.

"As you are African they expect you always to play African. Forget that. You're not a musician because you're African. You're a musician because you are musician. Coming from Africa, but first, musician."

_111403917_gettyimages-948068846.jpg
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionDibango failed his high school exams after being distracted by music
He was sent to high school in France, which is where he learnt to play the saxophone.

The first tune he performed, in front of fellow students, was When the Saints Go Marching In, he told the BBC.

To the disappointment of his father, Dibango failed his high school exams and took up music performing in nightclubs in Belgium instead, AFP reports.

link:
he was a favourite of my dad's.
RIP

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Trump is panicking.

Writing is on the wall if the economy doesn’t get back to normal. Donors are pissed, he’s coming into a re-election being unpopular and in a major recession/depression, and his legacy looks like complete shyt now.

Too bad he doesn’t realize that there won’t be a normal until we have a vaccine.