Daps
To the people talking about "opening up":

• Implode the national and global economy
  • Spending trillions and trillions
  • States on hardcore lockdown and restrictions
  • School closed
  • Society wide social distancing
  • Countries round the world on lockdown

All so 100k deaths instead of millions so far.

And people here think: all done, let's go back to normal.

nikka, there is no going back right now.

This is our new normal. As more states open we will see more cases. We will continue to have tons of death at the current rate. It will spread. Infection rate is very high when there are no shutdowns, restrictions, and special social rules.

And all the medical scientists are saying the fall and winter is going to be very bad. More shutdowns on state or national levels are probs likely. I hear local medical doctors talking about how you better get used to multiple shutdowns and closings.

Use your big brain to think critically for a moment: schools open back up in the fall and grandma is going to get rocked once grandkids hang around. They feed into their local community, cycle continues.

100,000,000 Americans are obese, diabetic, or prediabetic. We are one of the least healthy developed countries. That's a comorbidity.

300k dead by end of year is probably conservative if we stay on our current path. If we all throw our hands up it will be more.

Get used to the new normal: careful travel, learn to cook, careful at work, extraordinarily careful with friends and family, government working overtime to take care of its people.

This will be over one day, but not anytime soon.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
As soon as you tell most Americans that the restrictions are eased or lifted, even in a marginal way. They're gonna view it as "We can go back to normal :manny:"

Americans are not like people in other countries where they are going to be precautious and worry about others/fellow citizens. That's just the simple truth :hubie:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
i thought we were supposed to lock down until we flattened the curve :yeshrug: which has happened

now apparently we're supposed to lock down until... some time period that no one can actually get around to defining
The problem is the Trump administration is not doing all it can do to ensure we’re better prepared for the second wave

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, this weekend almost like normal Memorial Day, in some senses, a lot of people wearing masks, but a lot not wearing masks. Dubious restaurants, that are closer to bars open, up and down each neighborhood, and they were crowded.

I spent Friday with 3 girls I know, in one of their houses, just hanging out, and Saturday, my friend and I took his boat out, just the two of us. People were out in those crowded party boats.

Not hitting the beach today. Probably wouldn't anyway.

I tried to keep a lot of the procedures, washing hands, 6 ft, hand sanitizer but they are being uniformly dropped in a lot of cases, from what I saw. I wear a mask in businesses, and ride shares, but try to keep distance when in public, don't wear outside. I wonder if there is a correlation between attention span, age, and dropping procedures. I have noticed that people in my age range, have extremely, extremely short attention spans. No one cares anymore, and there is no sweeping leadership from the administration.

San Diego County is keeping an eye on things, shut down a sleazeball club bar in PB for blatant violation. But, it sets up a potential showdown between federal government and local officials going forward.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
To the people talking about "opening up":

• Implode the national and global economy
  • Spending trillions and trillions
  • States on hardcore lockdown and restrictions
  • School closed
  • Society wide social distancing
  • Countries round the world on lockdown

All so 100k deaths instead of millions so far.

And people here think: all done, let's go back to normal.

nikka, there is no going back right now.

This is our new normal. As more states open we will see more cases. We will continue to have tons of death at the current rate. It will spread. Infection rate is very high when there are no shutdowns, restrictions, and special social rules.

And all the medical scientists are saying the fall and winter is going to be very bad. More shutdowns on state or national levels are probs likely. I hear local medical doctors talking about how you better get used to multiple shutdowns and closings.

Use your big brain to think critically for a moment: schools open back up in the fall and grandma is going to get rocked once grandkids hang around. They feed into their local community, cycle continues.

100,000,000 Americans are obese, diabetic, or prediabetic. We are one of the least healthy developed countries. That's a comorbidity.

300k dead by end of year is probably conservative if we stay on our current path. If we all throw our hands up it will be more.

Get used to the new normal: careful travel, learn to cook, careful at work, extraordinarily careful with friends and family, government working overtime to take care of its people.

This will be over one day, but not anytime soon.

The floor hasn't fallen yet in the minds of Americans about this "Pandemic". Living in Wisconsin, and almost every other Midwestern State, people don't really head into a shelter when the Tornado Siren hits.

It doesn't have that finality. It either hits you or don't.

We need that Cold War/Nuclear Air Raid siren type of feel, where when you hear that shyt, you pray- pray that it's only a test.