Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Most restaurants are designed to maximize profit per square foot. It says something that a chain like Cheesecake Factory, which has strong sales at their restaurants, can't even pay the rent on the buildings. The restaurants that survive will do so because a) they own the real estate and don't have a lease or b) adapt heavily to make sure they are pandemic proof
It’s a bit more complicated than that. A small mom and pop restaurant isn’t going after the same demo of customers as a chain.

The problem for both is the lack of gathering. Most people don’t run to Cheesecake Factory for a 45 min lunch at work. But with offices shutdown, the traffic for mom and pop restaurants is nonexistent. Add in the foot traffic from festivals, concerts, or whatever large town gathering.

On the flip side, the larger chains are basically built around serving large families to have a large crew to staff the restaurant. Like it’s not that an alcoholic drink costing 4 bucks matters to them as much as serving seven of them. A takeout order of one will never replicate that monetary pull.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are you serious :dahell:

every day you force people to stay at home, and not be able to patronize these business, they're closing. 100 thousand small businesses have closed FOR GOOD so far. and then when you let them open, you only let them operate at 25% capacity? :bryan:

if we go through with this, then the restaurant industry is decimated within like a year. you really don't see that? :dahell:

and for the record, i dont give a fukk about the restaurant industry. but it's responsible for 20 percent of jobs in this country

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also hope businesses find a better way than these food delivery apps like Uber Eats, Grub Hub, etc. Those apps are raping both the restaurants on rev split, commission, etc and the consumer with excessive service and delivery fees.

This is just me thinking out loud, but the budget for school lunch combined with federal funds could be used to pay local restaurants provide hot meals to students and their families. Instead of having them play Russian Roulette trying to apply for these relief funds.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a bit more complicated than that. A small mom and pop restaurant isn’t going after the same demo of customers as a chain.

The problem for both is the lack of gathering. Most people don’t run to Cheesecake Factory for a 45 min lunch at work. But with offices shutdown, the traffic for mom and pop restaurants is nonexistent. Add in the foot traffic from festivals, concerts, or whatever large town gathering.

On the flip side, the larger chains are basically built around serving large families to have a large crew to staff the restaurant. Like it’s not that an alcoholic drink costing 4 bucks matters to them as much as serving seven of them. A takeout order of one will never replicate that monetary pull.
the restaurant industry is done if the government axes it like this :yeshrug:

a restaurant cant exist as a kitchen and a takeout counter. it doesnt make sense in any way, shape or form

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

a restaurant cant exist as a kitchen and a takeout counter. it doesnt make sense in any way, shape or form

They die either way.
But corporations, and mom and pop businesses are people too I guess.

So like most selfish people, let's open them up so they can take a few people with them before they die.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

a restaurant cant exist as a kitchen and a takeout counter. it doesn't make sense in any way, shape or form

When I worked on my defense contract, the installation awarded $12B in contracts for a fiscal year. The feds could easily subsidize the school lunch program to pay local restaurants to provide hot meals.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I worked on my defense contract, the installation awarded $12B in contracts for a fiscal year. The feds could easily subsidize the school lunch program to pay local restaurants to provide hot meals.
Everyone keeps waiting for things to go back to normal.

The government refuses to draft a plan for life with COVID.

Aren't Trump's kids even claiming COVID goes away after the elections.

It's an enormous grift.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They die either way.
But corporations, and mom and pop businesses are people too I guess.

So like most selfish people, let's open them up so they can take a few people with them before they die.
:scust: what a bullshyt ass post

who the fukk are you to write off someone's family business that they put 30 years of their life into like that? and i'm a bad person for trying to have some semblance of recognizing that aspect of this dilemma? jesus christ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:scust: what a bullshyt ass post

who the fukk are you to write off someone's family business that they put 30 years of their life into like that? and i'm a bad person for trying to have some semblance of recognizing that aspect of this dilemma? jesus christ

Nah you haven't shown an ounce of compassion. You keep repeating the same tired white talking points that come from a position of privilege. No one on this thread is buying it. So this is the stark reality of my response to you.

There is no plan to live with coronavirus so these places will die. Back to normal is death. Waiting it out is death. So what does a plan look like? Get the finest minds together. Come up with a plan.

One that actually takes the mom and pop stores and their survival into consideration. Until then, every time you bring up your bullshyt concern troll. This will be my response.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah you haven't shown an ounce of compassion. You keep repeating the same tired white talking points that come from a position of privilege. No one on this thread is buying it. So this is the stark reality of my response to you.

There is no plan to live with coronavirus so these places will die. Back to normal is death. Waiting it out is death. So what does a plan look like? Get the finest minds together. Come up with a plan.

One that actually takes the mom and pop stores and their survival into consideration. Until then. Every time you bring up your bullshyt concern troll. This will be my response.
fukk outta here breh. you can say whatever you want about me, but that post was embarrassing