Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
it seems like these dudes are deluding themselves that the government is gonna print another 10 trillion dollars to save every small business, every city and state, and every person's salary for the next two years. it's not gonna happen

this is the reality of what this country feels like by june

nyp-may21-frontpage.jpg

socially distance, require masks for a while, keep old people inside and away. there's no other realistic option :yeshrug:
The only thing the New York Post is useful for is being used as toilet paper (if you run out of everything else) :snooze:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've tried tuning out all of the debates around reopening because reopening for the sake of the economy vs. more carefully and slowly reopening to slow the spread of the virus and save lives is a false dichotomy. But the bolded is a point that doesn't get emphasized enough and it reminded me of an article that was posted in another thread.

Reopening reality check: Georgia's jobs aren't flooding back

The whole article's worth a read because it details how Georgia's still struggling with unemployment claims despite easing the lockdown a month ago. Two parts of the article stand out to me.

The economy was fukked the minute this virus became widespread here and the economy will continue to be fukked as long as it's lurking in the shadows. We'll learn to live with it over the next few months, but getting the economy back to where it was in February 2020 anytime soon looks like a fantasy, no matter how much some states will rush to remove whatever restrictions they had in place.
i figured reopening the economy was part of the discussion, but i guess it isnt :yeshrug: ill just wait for my check

fukk the half million small businesses that go under, thats not worth addressing. which are definitely all owned by cacs, or whatever my agenda is supposed to be :mjlol:

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I don't think he even really realizes he does it. There has to be some official term for the type of thought process he has because shyt don't make no sense how he jumps to extremes. The rate he's going he'll be challenging us to balance the deficit and bring peace to the middle east. Imagine him as a hostage negotiator. Some gunmen say they're killing a hostage every 30 mins unless they get 5 million dollars and he'll hit them with

":usure: And? That's 48 people every 24 hours. Less than .0001% of the population. More people drown daily, should I be paying a ransom to every pool, creek and river? Get real. If those hostages really wanted to live they could've just stayed home:yeshrug: Cleaning up the bodies will only create more jobs anyway"

I get people want to resume normal life but its not happening. I think it was is South Korea, they had school open a day. There was a story posted here about a church that opened, people got sick and the pastor died. The Ford plant here in Chicago is back closed after being open one day and people were sick. Its going to be the same thing all across the country. What if they actually get the contact tracers on the ground and someone finds out they got the virus from some establishment that didnt enforce a face mask policy? They are going to sue. Getting it right is the only option and until then, business and workplaces going to be opening and shutting down every few days all across the country.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't think he even really realizes he does it. There has to be some official term for the type of thought process he has because shyt don't make no sense how he jumps to extremes. The rate he's going he'll be challenging us to balance the deficit and bring peace to the middle east. Imagine him as a hostage negotiator. Some gunmen say they're killing a hostage every 30 mins unless they get 5 million dollars and he'll hit them with

":usure: And? That's 48 people every 24 hours. Less than .0001% of the population. More people drown daily, should I be paying a ransom to every pool, creek and river? Get real. If those hostages really wanted to live they could've just stayed home:yeshrug: Cleaning up the bodies will only create more jobs anyway"

I don't know about a name of that kind of thought process, but I know he makes a lot of bad faith arguments and straw man arguments.

Exhibit A:

i figured reopening the economy was part of the discussion, but i guess it isnt :yeshrug: ill just wait for my check

fukk the half million small businesses that go under, thats not worth addressing. which are definitely all owned by cacs, or whatever my agenda is supposed to be :mjlol:

In response to an article about how Georgia reopened their economy a month ago and yet are still struggling with rising unemployment claims and a bleak economic outlook, you imply I'm not supportive of reopening the economy and then proceed to make some sarcastic point about waiting for a check that has nothing all to do with what I was actually pointing out with the article :deadmanny:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about a name of that kind of thought process, but I know he makes a lot of bad faith arguments and straw man arguments.

Exhibit A:

In response to an article about how Georgia reopened their economy a month ago and yet are still struggling with rising unemployment claims and a bleak economic outlook, you imply I'm not supportive of reopening the economy and then proceed to make some sarcastic point about waiting for a check that has nothing all to do with what I was actually pointing out with the article :deadmanny:
your point doesnt make sense. if reopening isnt helping unemployment, then how the fukk is everything staying closed affecting it? :dahell:

also its been open for like two weeks, how can you possibly have that data yet? :dead:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
your point doesnt make sense. if reopening isnt helping unemployment, then how the fukk is everything staying closed affecting it? :dahell:

also its been open for like two weeks, how can you possibly have that data yet? :dead:

Georgia started lifting restrictions on April 24th. In what world was April 24th two weeks ago? :heh:

My actual point, and not that straw man about keeping everything closed that you're arguing against, is that the economy is not going to recover any time soon even as restrictions start easing up.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it seems like these dudes are deluding themselves that the government is gonna print another 10 trillion dollars to save every small business, every city and state, and every person's salary for the next two years. it's not gonna happen

this is the reality of what this country feels like by june

nyp-may21-frontpage.jpg

socially distance, require masks for a while, keep old people inside and away. there's no other realistic option :yeshrug:

Is that David Marcus from the Federalist writing for a Rupert Murdoch owned paper? :francis: