Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

More countries should follow suit. Every time BBC shows some idiot on TV crying about wearing a masks, another country should sign on to not let us come there.

blocking the Americans cuz they’re on some clown shyt. But I do wonder if they’ll be letting Brazilians or any other current hotspot to travel

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
so no timeline, just "some day". got it :yeshrug:

and youre free to stay inside for as long as you want, thats one of the perks of this shythole country :heh: meanwhile your state is gonna go broke if everyone does, so i dont see that happening

Question: Why does anyone have to state a fixed long-term timeline now ? Question: Why do you keep making dates up and then proceed to argue against your own made up dates ?

Setting a long-term timeline now is not possible given that we do not know what will happen. What you are probably suggesting is that we need a set of possible options and broad plans. Even then those options will need some wiggle room, will have to remain flexible and will be adjusted depending on events.

Also:

Press Member: Mr Fauci, when do you think we should open up?
The Fauc: As you press member are planning to stay at home, if everyone does that your state will go broke ...
Press Member: *** WTF *** ?

What OP is doing has nothing to do with whether any suggested national / state strategy is wrong or not.

I shouldn't complain as it is thecoli after all, but creh it burns the eyes ..

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it seems like these dudes are deluding themselves that the government is gonna print another 10 trillion dollars to save every small business, every city and state, and every person's salary for the next two years. it's not gonna happen

this is the reality of what this country feels like by june

nyp-may21-frontpage.jpg

socially distance, require masks for a while, keep old people inside and away. there's no other realistic option :yeshrug:

Figures this would be the NY Post front page for today. They're basically the local NYC newspaper version of Fox News, so of course they'd put something like this on their front page :mjlol:

All 50 states have begun easing the lockdown to some extent, even New York. That some states and locales aren't rushing how much they're reopening isn't some indication that they're not beginning to ease up on restrictions and won't continue doing so over the next few weeks and months.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@the cac mamba i know you’re dying for it to be open. But you know people aren’t magically going to get their jobs back and consumer Purchasing confidence is going To be at an all time low.

they are polling 80% at being speculative of opening up.

we can’t open without making sure everyone is protected at the very least. If people really want to go to peoples houses and gather and risk themselves fine. But how many businesses have liability at risk if cases are traced back to their restaurant or business.

we need ppe available for every citizen before we can venture everywhere like normal. Businesses unfortunately need to find ways to social distances at work office jobs would have to alternate schedules of working in the office and at home. Etc.

We can’t just turn things back on likes it’s a hose.
I understand we can’t stay closed for two years but where is the suggestion for how to do it right and responsibly.
the thing is, im not the one dying for it to open up :yeshrug: i have a safe job working from home. i can put off making selfish trips to vegas and going out drinking :dead:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't fault the states for putting together re-open plans, thats what they are supposed to do. I fault the people in the states who are pressuring the states to re-open at this very moment.

At the very least, widespread no questions asked testing should be available along with a phased re-opening.

Los Angeles does have testing for everyone, and San Diego it is very accessible, there's one within 1/3 of a mile from me. I feel you, but there's not really another solution there. I think with no pressure, the states (CA) would be inclined to keep restrictions until like August. Fine with me, but there's such a diversity of problems, and with the federal government not backing much, it's going to be re open from here. And I think it will actually be ok.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@the cac mamba i know you’re dying for it to be open. But you know people aren’t magically going to get their jobs back and consumer Purchasing confidence is going To be at an all time low.

they are polling 80% at being speculative of opening up.

we can’t open without making sure everyone is protected at the very least. If people really want to go to peoples houses and gather and risk themselves fine. But how many businesses have liability at risk if cases are traced back to their restaurant or business.

we need ppe available for every citizen before we can venture everywhere like normal. Businesses unfortunately need to find ways to social distances at work office jobs would have to alternate schedules of working in the office and at home. Etc.

We can’t just turn things back on likes it’s a hose.
I understand we can’t stay closed for two years but where is the suggestion for how to do it right and responsibly.

@the cac mamba is concerned with stock portfolio. :mjlol:

I see him in the Boiler Room thread. I too I’m concerned bout my portfolio, but goddamn, I have to be practical about what is possible.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question: Why does anyone have to state a fixed long-term timeline now ? Question: Why do you keep making dates up and then proceed to argue against your own made up dates ?

Setting a long-term timeline now is not possible given that we do not know what will happen. What you are probably suggesting is that we need a set of possible options and broad plans. Even then those options will need some wiggle room, will have to remain flexible and will be adjusted depending on events.

Also:

Press Member: Mr Fauci, when do you think we should open up?
The Fauc: As you press member are planning to stay at home, if everyone does that your state will go broke ...
Press Member: *** WTF *** ?

What OP is doing has nothing to do with whether any suggested national / state strategy is wrong or not.

I shouldn't complain as it is thecoli after all, but creh it burns the eyes ..
you're right :heh: i should just say "lets stay closed for 2 years and give everyone 100k"

that way no one will disagree with anyone :salute:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you going back and forth with Cac Mamba? He probably thinks most people are better off because of the $600 unemployment and that people shouldnt be complaining, probably says he doesnt need the money and that we are spending too much during this shutdown, that he knows people making more now than they did working, that we should open up etc (the cracka talking points) but if you engage with his nonsense, hes just gonna :yeshrug::yeshrug:
nah, youre right.

"i want the government to give everyone a million dollars and we all stay inside for years"

is that better? :mjlol:anyone can make bullshyt ass posts

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know I can, I wasnt asking your permission to stay in. TF lol. The states are still going to struggle, you act like if they open up business/economies still won't struggle. Seems like its you who is deluding themselves with this, just open up and everything will go back to the way it was a idea. :usure: Twice I said, a couple of months, that should be more than enough time to get the tests, the swabs and PPE and get it to the states based on need. I said it TWICE, now 3 times. Ugh you're insufferable.

I've tried tuning out all of the debates around reopening because reopening for the sake of the economy vs. more carefully and slowly reopening to slow the spread of the virus and save lives is a false dichotomy. But the bolded is a point that doesn't get emphasized enough and it reminded me of an article that was posted in another thread.

Reopening reality check: Georgia's jobs aren't flooding back

The whole article's worth a read because it details how Georgia's still struggling with unemployment claims despite easing the lockdown a month ago. Two parts of the article stand out to me.

“We’ve been chasing a bit of a false narrative that the economic hit is about the restrictions and not the disease itself,” said Julia Coronado, president and founder of Macropolicy Perspectives, an economic research consulting firm. “The economic story really isn’t about lockdowns, and we’re going to make mistakes by pursuing that narrative. It really is about the disease, and how fearful people are about getting sick, and how businesses are going to operate in a world where this virus is with us.”

But many economists dispute the idea that lifting restrictions will by itself mean a major boost to the labor market, in part because of evidence that layoffs accelerated in March separate from governors’ shutdown restrictions. A recent analysis by four University of California-Berkeley researchers found that the direct effect of stay-at-home orders accounted for only one-quarter of the jobless claims at the start of the crisis — suggesting that a majority of jobs that have been erased would have been lost even without statewide shutdowns.

The economy was fukked the minute this virus became widespread here and the economy will continue to be fukked as long as it's lurking in the shadows. We'll learn to live with it over the next few months, but getting the economy back to where it was in February 2020 anytime soon looks like a fantasy, no matter how much some states will rush to remove whatever restrictions they had in place.

Daps
I took you off ignore to understand the dialogue you guys were having and I forgot who said this, but why do you keep being hyperbolic?

I don't think he even really realizes he does it. There has to be some official term for the type of thought process he has because shyt don't make no sense how he jumps to extremes. The rate he's going he'll be challenging us to balance the deficit and bring peace to the middle east. Imagine him as a hostage negotiator. Some gunmen say they're killing a hostage every 30 mins unless they get 5 million dollars and he'll hit them with

":usure: And? That's 48 people every 24 hours. Less than .0001% of the population. More people drown daily, should I be paying a ransom to every pool, creek and river? Get real. If those hostages really wanted to live they could've just stayed home:yeshrug: Cleaning up the bodies will only create more jobs anyway"