Cormega Gives His Opinion on Jay Z's 'Reasonable Doubt' Album

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
these are few and far between, but he absolutely snapped on this as well

Naaaaaaah, dude got a million crazy joints.

Jay ain't no joke. People get caught up in the radio and popular joints. But when he feels like it, he absolutely kills sh*t. His best sh*t is the stuff people don’t talk about.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s dope of Mega to give his unbiased opinion on his peers music.

Knew it wouldn’t take long before cats came in with the nobody cared/listened babble. Even though the abum went gold in 96, and reached me in Detroit to where it’s been my favorite album ever since, they still feel the need to parrot that nonsense.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Naaaaaaah, dude got a million crazy joints.

Jay ain't no joke. People get caught up in the radio and popular joints. But when he feels like it, he absolutely kills sh*t. His best sh*t is the stuff people don’t talk about.

Whenever Jay abandoned the Young Chris flow in the mid-late 00s you knew he meant business ha

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Nas spent 4 consecutive weeks at number 1. Beating out Metallica, Alanis Morrisette, and other huge acts of the time. He most DEFINITELY stood out in 96.
Because of ONE SONG on that album. If I ruled the world with Lauryn which peaked at #53 on the charts. the same Lauryn who was also on the Score in released that year 1996, an album which also was on the top of the charts for four weeks and had 3 songs in the top 25 of the charts.
Much of the love for It was Written came from Lauryn's popularity at that time which helped Nas. If she doesn't appear on that album, I doubt he charts as high. Shoot....Aint no Niqqa by Jay charted higher than I ruled the world.

Pink Suit Nas did not stand out from Jay, Prodigy, Pac,

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you mean by this
Everything about Jay felt uptown. He was flashy, cocky, he wore Air Force ones.

Brooklyn at the time had a more dirty sound. More violent feel to it. That “rich off cocaine” aesthetic was an uptown thing. Brooklyn was “we will rob you”

Jay sounded like if rich porter could rap

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
There are people on this board that cling to the era of jay being a lower-tier guy like it's the only way they'll live another day :mjlol:

We fukking get it, there were bigger albums than RD in 1996; let's just talk about the damn music :mjlol:

Nah we just don't like the revisionist history of reasonaand Jay shoehorning himself in the best rapper conversation or the falsehood that he ran rap for a bunch of summers :yeshrug:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that was more so because Jayz wasn’t really a thing yet, he was just some random “whatever” C-list rapper. You’re right tho, nobody really cared like that

You could say the same about Illmatic in that case. At least nobody cared outside of New York. Both were local classics that became national as they grew in stature and visibility. Well,alot of people have dropped local classics.

Now if you wanna argue RD isnt even a local classic like Illmatic,youd have to be from New York to say that.

But its a fact nobody really cared about Illmatic like that when it dropped either. But later it went on to be regarded as a classic nationally. So i dont really see the difference.