Cormega Gives His Opinion on Jay Z's 'Reasonable Doubt' Album

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
When this album dropped alot of people did not give a fukk about this album. because the sales proved it it was not even one time platinum let alone multi times platinum

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol he not even top 5 in his own extended hood but I fw Mega Montana, hes a great niche artist in the vein of "... what you know bout Cormega? :myman:"

But literally Nas, Tragedy, Havoc, NORE (Lefrak), Prodigy (Hempstead) Nature >>> Mega

Lets not even get into Queens as a whole with 50, Banks, LL etc

People say anything on here :mjlol:

Cormega was known as the best emcee in Queensbridge in the late 80s early 90s

Other than maybe Tragedy nobody on that list was fukking with him and they'll tell you that themselves

Prodigy got nicer later

Mega getting locked up when he did (and the beef with nas) really fukked up his legacy and how people view him

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
An album that became great because Jay kept paying media to push that narrative.

When it came out it was just a good album

The summer of 96 belonged to Nas. There were people who thought Jay was dope because of can't knock the hustle but there was no crazy demand for reasonable doubt. That was the album your homeboy told the crew he bought and loved trying to convince you guys to check it out and you finally did and realized that it was kind of dope.

That's why on where I'm from when he said people argue about who's the best MC Biggie,him, or Nas everyone had the :beli: because he wasn't even in 3rd place
There are people on this board that cling to the era of jay being a lower-tier guy like it's the only way they'll live another day :mjlol:

We fukking get it, there were bigger albums than RD in 1996; let's just talk about the damn music :mjlol:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Jay is the first Brooklyn rapper I and most of us Brooklyn heads at the time encountered at that time who rapped like he was from Uptown.
Seventeen and I'm holdin' on to around a mill'
I could bail out, blow trial and come around on appeal
Had nikkas thinkin' I was from uptown for real
I had so much hustle, plus I was down to ill
Like a Brooklyn nikka, straight out of Brownsville

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
An album that became great because Jay kept paying media to push that narrative.

When it came out it was just a good album

If you can listen to RD and not consider it great u a hater…album became great because it continues to age like fine wine…it’s a classic not coz jay said it was but because it stood the test of time…it’s not flawless but these are some of the best raps ever and the songs hold up to this day

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Jay is the first Brooklyn rapper I and most of us Brooklyn heads at the time encountered at that time who rapped like he was from Uptown.

This is true.

Because 95% of Roc was from around MY way, lol. He even shot most of his early videos Uptown for a minute. One of the things Dame always says about Jay, is that he liked him back then because he "acted like an Uptown dude". He even said on the album that "Uptown fiends for Jay-Z to appear on the scene". So it makes sense for the Brooklyn heads to say that because there was mad Uptown influence in a lot of what Jay was doing back then. Roc was really an Uptown label in the beginning.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is true.

Because 95% of Roc was from around MY way, lol. He even shot most of his early videos Uptown for a minute. One of the things Dame always says about Jay, is that he liked him back then because he "acted like an Uptown dude". He even said on the album that "Uptown fiends for Jay-Z to appear on the scene". So it makes sense for the Brooklyn heads to say that because there was mad Uptown influence in a lot of what Jay was doing back then. Roc was really an Uptown label in the beginning.
I agree. Thats how he came off as.