Cormega Gives His Opinion on Jay Z's 'Reasonable Doubt' Album

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
An album that became great because Jay kept paying media to push that narrative.

When it came out it was just a good album

Was def another face on the crowd, but fortunately from an era where something could be a slow burn

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Lol he not even top 5 in his own extended hood but I fw Mega Montana, hes a great niche artist in the vein of "... what you know bout Cormega? :myman:"

But literally Nas, Tragedy, Havoc, NORE (Lefrak), Prodigy (Hempstead) Nature >>> Mega

Lets not even get into Queens as a whole with 50, Banks, LL etc

If we talking strictly Queens

He’s in my top 5

Cormega
Nas
Large Professor
Pharoahe Monch
Prince Po

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lol he not even top 5 in his own extended hood but I fw Mega Montana, hes a great niche artist in the vein of "... what you know bout Cormega? :myman:"

But literally Nas, Tragedy, Havoc, NORE (Lefrak), Prodigy (Hempstead) Nature >>> Mega

Lets not even get into Queens as a whole with 50, Banks, LL etc

Tragedy is not better than Cormega,you sound foolish and light headed.

Havoc as a producer and a MC together I will give you,but just as far as bars go,he isn't better than Mega either.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What you mean by this
There's a flossy big time drug dealer steez that Harlem dudes used to emit. The biggest dealers were uptown. Brooklyn dudes were grimy and not on that. Jay came off like he was from Uptown. If he never said he was from Brooklyn you'd think he was from Harlem.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay is the first Brooklyn rapper I and most of us Brooklyn heads at the time encountered at that time who rapped like he was from Uptown.

People forget Jigga was a more older and more mature that the best young ones at the time

By age, Jigga was of Special Ed generation and even Special Ed is 3 years younger

NYC Rebel

Daps
People forget Jigga was a more older and more mature that the best young ones at the time

By age, Jigga was of Special Ed generation
his entire steez was uptown. He mentioned it on Just a Week ago.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
The summer of 96 belonged to Nas. There were people who thought Jay was dope because of can't knock the hustle but there was no crazy demand for reasonable doubt. That was the album your homeboy told the crew he bought and loved trying to convince you guys to check it out and you finally did and realized that it was kind of dope.

That's why on where I'm from when he said people argue about who's the best MC Biggie,him, or Nas everyone had the :beli: because he wasn't even in 3rd place

NYC Rebel

Daps
The summer of 96 belonged to Nas. There were people who thought Jay was dope because of can't knock the hustle but there was no crazy demand for reasonable doubt. That was the album your homeboy told the crew he bought and loved trying to convince you guys to check it out and you finally did and realized that it was kind of dope.

That's why on where I'm from when he said people argue about who's the best MC Biggie,him, or Nas everyone had the :beli: because he wasn't even in 3rd place
Prodigy was there. Nas didnt stand out from all the heat coming out in 96.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Prodigy was there. Nas didnt stand out from all the heat coming out in 96.

This was the hottest thing in the summer of 96.

Prodigy was there,Raekwon was there, Buckshot was still there barely. The point is Jay was not. People only took notice of Jay because he had top tier features for a guy with zero hype around him

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was in 6th grade when RD dropped

Ain't No nikka got CRAZY spins on Hot 97 back then.

My age group was spoiled for real when I think about what was on the radio back then :wow:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
He must be lying because I've been reading for years on SOHH and The Coli that no one cared about Reasonable Doubt when it dropped. Sure, these were likely posters from Iowa and were possibly five years old at the time, but I’ll believe them instead of Cormega.

Man fuhk SOHH..

RD was an instant classic to me in real time... dont know how a gold album in 96 was so called dissmissed.. I call cap.