Corey went through some real nikka problems in boy meets world

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Breh your breh joined a cult?

Yeah breh my nikka joined the International Church of Christ :snoop:

There's several articles written about them.

The most interesting one is an article I found from 94 about an all American football prospect who got a full ride to Stanford on a scholarship and after only a few months quit because his college career got in the way of the church :wow:

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
What's funny about Boy Meets World is if you watched the entire series, Corey wasn't worried about Topanga like that for the first two seasons and then somehow they changed the storyline that they had essentially been dating since they were five. :camby:Shawn was cool, but to an extent he acted like a bytch alot of times too. He grew up in a trailer park, motherfukka so what?
yeah and eric went from the cool brother to the village idiot.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's funny about Boy Meets World is if you watched the entire series, Corey wasn't worried about Topanga like that for the first two seasons and then somehow they changed the storyline that they had essentially been dating since they were five. :camby:Shawn was cool, but to an extent he acted like a bytch alot of times too. He grew up in a trailer park, motherfukka so what?

I love the show but that's the one thing about the show that irked me is the constant retconning of stuff..even as a kid it had me :patrice::what: because it never made sense. Cory's personality in the first couple seasons is nothing like who they turned him into and while I understand the idea of changing as we grow, how does he go from being a smart kid but slacker more interested in sports and video games to being a neurotic guy who lacks an athletic bone in his body. They made him less cool and kept retconning when he and Topanga fell in love. I don't mind him being in love with the girl or their relationship because that happens but damn, don't tell me in the first season or first two that he can barely stand her and then tolerate her to being in love since they were 5. And somehow, Shawn went from living a life similar to Corey but having a dad who just lost his job and a mom and a sister, to being trailer park trash who has two half brothers but one of them never got mentioned again. Plus the Eric retcon, while funny, also never made sense to me.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love the show but that's the one thing about the show that irked me is the constant retconning of stuff..even as a kid it had me :patrice::what: because it never made sense. Cory's personality in the first couple seasons is nothing like who they turned him into and while I understand the idea of changing as we grow, how does he go from being a smart kid but slacker more interested in sports and video games to being a neurotic guy who lacks an athletic bone in his body. They made him less cool and kept retconning when he and Topanga fell in love. I don't mind him being in love with the girl or their relationship because that happens but damn, don't tell me in the first season or first two that he can barely stand her and then tolerate her to being in love since they were 5. And somehow, Shawn went from living a life similar to Corey but having a dad who just lost his job and a mom and a sister, to being trailer park trash who has two half brothers but one of them never got mentioned again. Plus the Eric retcon, while funny, also never made sense to me.

I think the writers and producers of the show wanted to have a long lasting series, and the way the characters were crafted in the beginning just didn't allow for much material, so they had to do some changes. The show was still good overall, but alot of that shyt didn't make sense. I also think it was a progression from child to young adult too because we all know people who did complete 180's from when they were younger.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the writers and producers of the show wanted to have a long lasting series, and the way the characters were crafted in the beginning just didn't allow for much material, so they had to do some changes. The show was still good overall, but alot of that shyt didn't make sense. I also think it was a progression from child to young adult too because we all know people who did complete 180's from when they were younger.

I agree with the growth part but its not like the show started with them at age 8..they were 13, so Cory in high school wouldn't be THAT much different from who he was in middle school at least the 180 he did. Shawn's growth make sense, Topanga's growth makes sense but Eric and Cory got shortchanged IMO. Even Feeney and the parents had proper arcs. And I think the show could've lasted with Cory and Eric being like how they were then. Eric was never the brightest cat but he wasn't a complete idiot like he turned out to be. Cory could've had the same emotional arc he had with Topanga, which was the core of the show, by still being a slacker who buckles down with his back against the wall but is a sports enthusiast and still kinda awkward around the opposite sex. If anything, his arc should've been like Eric's from that 70s show

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that I don't like about this show was the way it portrayed Corey and Shawn's friendship. We know they were best friends, but they always tried to make gay like they were in a relationship or some shyt :huhldup:. There were other ways to show they were best friends.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One thing that I don't like about this show was the way it portrayed Corey and Shawn's friendship. We know they were best friends, but they always tried to make gay like they were in a relationship or some shyt :huhldup:. There were other ways to show they were best friends.

That shyt was actually funny to me. When Topanga kept calling Shawn his lover, shyt had me in stitches every time.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with the growth part but its not like the show started with them at age 8..they were 13, so Cory in high school wouldn't be THAT much different from who he was in middle school at least the 180 he did. Shawn's growth make sense, Topanga's growth makes sense but Eric and Cory got shortchanged IMO. Even Feeney and the parents had proper arcs. And I think the show could've lasted with Cory and Eric being like how they were then. Eric was never the brightest cat but he wasn't a complete idiot like he turned out to be. Cory could've had the same emotional arc he had with Topanga, which was the core of the show, by still being a slacker who buckles down with his back against the wall but is a sports enthusiast and still kinda awkward around the opposite sex. If anything, his arc should've been like Eric's from that 70s show

It started off with them being six graders, so they probably 11-12. But for the most part, I agree. There is probably some commentary out there on the DVD's or something that shows why the show kind of changed direction.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt was actually funny to me. When Topanga kept calling Shawn his lover, shyt had me in stitches every time.

Yeah man, but some of it was just out there. Like when Corey was eating that other kid's grapes in the classroom and trying to make Shawn jealous. :scusthov:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It started off with them being six graders, so they probably 11-12. But for the most part, I agree. There is probably some commentary out there on the DVD's or something that shows why the show kind of changed direction.

I think you're right but I haven't watched any of them with commentary. I have my three favorite seasons on DVD, 2, 3 and 4. 1 is good, 5 is ok and 6/7 have moments but for me, the show was at its best in the middle