Corey went through some real nikka problems in boy meets world

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I think you're right but I haven't watched any of them with commentary. I have my three favorite seasons on DVD, 2, 3 and 4. 1 is good, 5 is ok and 6/7 have moments but for me, the show was at its best in the middle
Yep, like seasons 3 and 4 was the show at it's best..IMO, the show jumped the shark when it became the Cory and Topanga love fest and how they couldn't live without each other

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep, like seasons 3 and 4 was the show at it's best..IMO, the show jumped the shark when it became the Cory and Topanga love fest and how they couldn't live without each other

That's fair. I can agree with that in the sense that it became less of an ensemble show which is when it was at its best but I think the show becoming less of an ensemble had to do with changing characters, getting rid of characters and basically making the show smaller. Getting rid of Harley, Griff, Joey, Frankie, Mr. Turner and Eli was a bad move in my mind. Once it became mostly about Topanga Cory Shawn and Angela it just sort of sucked the energy out of it. The show had a feeling to it that it could never recapture. That 70s Show was still able to focus on the heart of the show, Eric growing up, while still balancing the ensemble cast and giving everyone proper development and interesting stories

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yeah breh my nikka joined the International Church of Christ :snoop:

There's several articles written about them.

The most interesting one is an article I found from 94 about an all American football prospect who got a full ride to Stanford on a scholarship and after only a few months quit because his college career got in the way of the church :wow:
:deadrose: Them mufckaz almost got me too...I was good and i got my homeboy(the one who invited me to that mufcka) out of there :wow:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I love the show but that's the one thing about the show that irked me is the constant retconning of stuff..even as a kid it had me :patrice::what: because it never made sense. Cory's personality in the first couple seasons is nothing like who they turned him into and while I understand the idea of changing as we grow, how does he go from being a smart kid but slacker more interested in sports and video games to being a neurotic guy who lacks an athletic bone in his body. They made him less cool and kept retconning when he and Topanga fell in love. I don't mind him being in love with the girl or their relationship because that happens but damn, don't tell me in the first season or first two that he can barely stand her and then tolerate her to being in love since they were 5. And somehow, Shawn went from living a life similar to Corey but having a dad who just lost his job and a mom and a sister, to being trailer park trash who has two half brothers but one of them never got mentioned again. Plus the Eric retcon, while funny, also never made sense to me.
Im with ya...but the reason shawn had a sister is cause one of the other kid actors quit the show, so they gave his lines to shawn....

Its def one of my fav shows of all time from seasons 1-4, but dipped after they lost Turner, Eli etc and like was mentioned made Eric a straight retard. Shoulda stuck with the origin story of Eric telling Corey Topanga had cooties and thats why he didnt like her until he was 13 or so....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Im with ya...but the reason shawn had a sister is cause one of the other kid actors quit the show, so they gave his lines to shawn....

Its def one of my fav shows of all time from seasons 1-4, but dipped after they lost Turner, Eli etc and like was mentioned made Eric a straight retard. Shoulda stuck with the origin story of Eric telling Corey Topanga had cooties and thats why he didnt like her until he was 13 or so....

Word I forgot about that with the sister. That's when they had the black kid on as Cory's other best friend :mjpls:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only time Corey went through hardship was the brief breakup with Topanga, after he met

Lauren at the ski lodge. Sean dysfunctional alcoholic absentee family threw him in the bushes,

multiple times. If it wasn't for the Mathews treating him like a surrogate son, or Mr. Feeny's

guidance, he would have been a lost cause. I'm still crush they made Angela go off with her Army pops, and broke them up in the last to final episode:to:

Last edited:

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
man, fukk that brillo head and his problems. in all my years of watching tv, i've never come across a more entitled, bytch made hater then cory. he could not STAND to see shawn do well.

-hated on shawn cause he used to get all the bytches, while cory got invited to a geek party (this fakkit would be quotin baseball stats while shawn was busy smashin john adams middle schools finest)
-hated on shawn anytime he did better on a test or class
-hated on shawn cause eric asked shawn to go on a double date with him and 2 pawgs, rather then his swagless corny brother
-hated on shawn when they were both interns and shawn got promoted to assistant, while cory was busy cleaning up spilled coffee
-hated on shawn and angela cause they were living good in a nice spot, while cory and topanga lived in a piece of shyt apartment that had brown water running through the faucet

shawn had to dumb down and let cory tag along just so this bytch wouldn't have hurt feelings, smh.

:whoo:

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
That's fair. I can agree with that in the sense that it became less of an ensemble show which is when it was at its best but I think the show becoming less of an ensemble had to do with changing characters, getting rid of characters and basically making the show smaller. Getting rid of Harley, Griff, Joey, Frankie, Mr. Turner and Eli was a bad move in my mind. Once it became mostly about Topanga Cory Shawn and Angela it just sort of sucked the energy out of it. The show had a feeling to it that it could never recapture. That 70s Show was still able to focus on the heart of the show, Eric growing up, while still balancing the ensemble cast and giving everyone proper development and interesting stories
did they ever say why they got rid of these characters??