Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Pitch quality is better/on par with what’s in South America.

Y’all forgetting how poor some of the pitches were at the 2019 and 2021 Copas…

Won't just be SA/CA teams there with who you can get away with that stuff with

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thought that was a pen. Can’t block a man from playing the ball.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Won't just be SA/CA teams there with who you can get away with that stuff with
Are you talking Copa America or WC?

If Copa, the pitches in the US are just as good if not better than what’s in South America.

If it’s WC, FIFA holds a higher standard for pitch quality so the US gonna have to up its game

concise

Veteran
Daps
And this is why I think we’ll be seeing at least 1 Copa being hosted in US every decade moving forward. Even an Ecuador vs Venezuela GS match in San Fran is bringing in 30K attendance.

This Colombia match looks north of 60K.

Once they get the actual scheduling down pat, they’ll make a killing.

Eg Focus on the key markets where you have a large Latin American diaspora and schedule games there. So Florida, the Southwest, Northeast etc

The US will do fine. FIFA holds a higher standard on things like pitch quality so that won’t be an issue. Many stadiums will be laying grass in time for the tournament. The reformatted Club world cup is also next summer so the US has another tournament to get ready.

Attendance will be booming because at the end of the day, it’s the WC. People will attend just because. I mean this Colombia game looks like it’s packing out nrg Stadium.

If there’s one nation that knows how to do big sporting events well, it’s the US.

The big issue will be the internal travel required to attend the games. Realistically, you could host all of the WC in the NE corridor from DC to Boston. Games are very accessible by train or buses along I-95. The issue is the US is so big that having a WC in the US and not hitting Florida, Texas, Cali etc just seems odd.

From a commercial standpoint, FIFA finna cash out

This isn't the Gold Cup. They are not worried about just where the diasporas live, all they care about is where the NFL quality stadiums are with the suites.

Copa 2016 had the highest attendances ever since they went to a tournament format. Like I said before, if you think some of these attendances are bad, all you have to do is go back to the past.