Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t ask me why but US Soccer pretty much took a nosedive after Jurgen Klansman decided to keep the only iconic player they’ve ever had (Landon Donovan) off the World Cup roster….at least Mexico sucks too. Here’s an idea maybe USA and Mexico should play in conmebol to qualify for the World Cup. That trash competition in concacaf has lowered their level and both countries are a laughingstock right now.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
My wife's family live in a Black neighborhood around San Diego. There's a park/field right by where she stays and it's often packed with kids playing soccer. Most of the people who play are Mexican and some White. Completely free to play game when they bring a ball out there.

It's as accessible as anything else. So I don't buy that argument.
Most places that have a basketball court, you can set up soccer.
shyt, you can play soccer on a basketball court like they do in other countries.

The Women's National Team won a World Cup and were dominating.
Their impact was nothing near what Caitlin Clark did recently.

We just don't care about the sport organically like that. The culture here don't rock with it. It's that simple.
just having a park to play is not accessibility. that's where they'll develop a love for the game and that's good, but doing that won't get them to the top level. for that you need coaching and that's where it's pay for play in america. in europe those versions of the kids playing in the park [the very best of them] are also getting trained by professional clubs.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Well I just edited my other comment but I’ll put it here. I’m just saying we as a country don’t actively try to make soccer cool the federation is mute until a World Cup comes around or something like this copa basketball pushed its way upon America and then the world
See, I kind of disagree with this because we definitely have been trying to push the sport. It gets more push than many other sports as well.

My argument really is that in reality, our culture don't rock with it like the other big sports and I don't really think it's a marketing problem.

I think maybe it's a cultural thing in that Americans are very spoiled and entitled. When you have a sport where you tell us we can't use our hands, it feels restricting and difficult. We don't like difficult, especially as a kids. It's the same thing in video games: we'll gravitate towards shooters and not League of Legends as a whole. That's my theory at least.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I mean it's easier to play soccer than basketball.

The city got to build a basketball hoop.

You need a soccer ball and two cones to play soccer.

Basketball is more enticing to play because it's easier to play as you can use your hands, which feels much more natural for a human being.
I don’t think that’s true. If that was the case, the average human could dribble a basketball with ease and they can’t.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Don’t ask me why but US Soccer pretty much took a nosedive after Jurgen Klansman decided to keep the only iconic player they’ve ever had (Landon Donovan) off the World Cup roster….at least Mexico sucks too. Here’s an idea maybe USA and Mexico should play in conmebol to qualify for the World Cup. That trash competition in concacaf has lowered their level and both countries are a laughingstock right now.
exactly. america, mexico and canada are way too big and/or rich to be beating up on caribbean countries. you just end up playing to the level of your competition. getting your teeth kicked in by conmebol countries constantly will force a rethink. nothing like being embarrassed regularly.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Cool let's take a look...

✔️ City's best player
✔️ Bayern's best player
✔️ Real Madrid's best player
✔️ Arsenal's best player

Wow we really them boys huh :whoo:

Americans will never be able to say the above in their lifetimes.

KDB is more critical to City.
There's no team in the world that would take Kane over Musiala.
Vini
Odegaard/Saliba

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Klinsmann lost the team when he left Donovan off the 2014 WC roster. He was trying to play the "tough coach" role and it backfired. The players were pumped for the 14' WC and they had some good moments in Brazil, but soon after it was over the players weren't f*cking with him anymore and you could see it in their body language they were done with Klinsmann.

Soon after the US went back to doing things their way, hired Bruce Arena, got comfortable doing the same things, didn't think outside the box, etc. etc.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don’t think that’s true. If that was the case, the average human could dribble a basketball with ease and they can’t.
I think they can dribble a basketball much easier than they can dribble a soccer ball.

At least I should say they can probably control a basketball vs a defender of their skill vs doing the same in a game of soccer.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
exactly. america, mexico and canada are way too big and/or rich to be beating up on caribbean countries. you just end up playing to the level of your competition. getting your teeth kicked in by conmebol countries constantly will force a rethink. nothing like being embarrassed regularly.
Mexico and the US would have to get their act straight immediately over night if they had to deal with Conmebol.

The Mexican and American executives want no part of it because it would mean both potentially miss out on world cups....even with this new format of 90 teams, it's still too much of a risk for both federations.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
See, I kind of disagree with this because we definitely have been trying to push the sport. It gets more push than many other sports as well.

My argument really is that in reality, our culture don't rock with it like the other big sports and I don't really think it's a marketing problem.

I think maybe it's a cultural thing in that Americans are very spoiled and entitled. When you have a sport where you tell us we can't use our hands, it feels restricting and difficult. We don't like difficult, especially as a kids. That's my theory at least.
I would disagree that we push it how often do you see soccer on your tv or see soccer anywhere in America if it’s not a World Cup even then it’s not pushed hard the ussf is complacent and use the same tired excuse that Americans just don’t like soccer. It’s the same excuse the nfl used for why football wasn’t big overseas until they actually put time and effort into developing a true culture overseas now you get games overseas every year and players getting drafted from overseas

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
I think they can dribble a basketball much easier than they can dribble a soccerball.
I disagree it’s much easier to dribble a soccer ball with practice than a basketball the soccer ball is much more natural motion than basketball

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Mexico and the US would have to get their act straight immediately over night if they had to deal with Conmebol.

The Mexican and American executives want no part of it because it would mean both potentially miss out on world cups....even with this new format of 90 teams, it's still too much of a risk for both federations.
Exactly both America and Mexico is just complacent they get an basically automatic bid to the World Cup every year unless they do something stupid

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I would disagree that we push it how often do you see soccer on your tv or see soccer anywhere in America if it’s not a World Cup even then it’s not pushed hard the ussf is complacent and use the same tired excuse that Americans just don’t like soccer. It’s the same excuse the nfl used for why football wasn’t big overseas until they actually put time and effort into developing a true culture overseas now you get games overseas every year and players getting drafted from overseas
I mean, kids know what soccer is. They play it at schools too during PE, most of us have had experience with the game, know the rules, etc. Most of us have played soccer at one point in our lives.

I don't really think we need the game pushed on anyone. There's excitement for the game during world cup and some matchups, there are advertisments. People know who Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc. are.

At the end of the day it don't hit the same like other sports here. That's literally reality.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

they can keep thinking qualifying for the world cup is an achievement. no concacaf team will ever win the world cup. iron sharpens iron and shyt softens shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
they can keep thinking qualifying for the world cup is an achievement. no concacaf team will ever win the world cup. iron sharpens iron and shyt softens shyt.
if the 2026 wc was being held in France under the old world cup format, both USA/Mex would be cooked right now

2026 MEX/USA will do what they normally do, win a game or two, get out the group, but eventually lose in the first knockout round, no advancement of their national team.