Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Kyrie has been pretty much healthy this entire year, dude needed to be on his best behavior for 30 more games plus the playoffs to even have a shot at signing a long term deal with anyone. LeBron can easily demand a trade this off-season and none of that shyt even matters, he’s the only reason why stars are even looking in our direction
Then he can go the fukk ahead. Let the Lakers reboot properly :manny:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Yup this is what I was saying, if it wasn't Kyrie it wasn't gonna be anyone
Kyrie was not taking a two yr extension he wanted a four yr extension in the offseason and he could easily just walk away from us. This is what stopped the FO from going all in completely cuz they were ready if Kyrie signed that extension.
Like for fukk sakes man DONT YALL NOT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WITH DWIGHT HOWARD?!?

Also we got outbid by the mavs

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I'll remind you what SA did with Derozan on the roster: One playoff appearance in three years.

They haven't made the playoffs since 2018-19.
This is a team sport bruh …stop this silliness …Derozan was obviously a much better much more valuable asset than anything the lakers have to give which is why Toronto didn’t give up much more than him …that’s not really something worth debating tbh

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Then he can go the fukk ahead. Let the Lakers reboot properly :manny:
Nikka how TF can you ever trust this front office to actually make the correct decisions in a reboot?

The saving grace for the Lakers was that a GOAT level player wanted to play here. Any other superstar and they are below Clippers status right now.

This is what I don't understand.. y'all call for a reboot ASAP while the development, GM, medical staff, are some of the worst in the NBA while having the "poorest" owner in the NBA

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Raptors were in a better position asset wise for the future than we are now.
Raptors didn’t have someone like AD who is the glue to us getting a title who’s health was questionable.
Raptors were able to draft a scottie barnes eventually we wouldn’t be able too :manny: cuz a lot of our picks are gone
We can agree to disagree… it seems your definition of asset is only draft picks

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Kyrie was not taking a two yr extension he wanted a four yr extension in the offseason and he could easily just walk away from us. This is what stopped the FO from going all in completely cuz they were ready if Kyrie signed that extension.
Like for fukk sakes man DONT YALL NOT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WITH DWIGHT HOWARD?!?

Then trade the damn picks for actual legit role players!! Oh wait we already saw how that went at the beginning of the year.

They aren't moving those picks unless for a star, they would rather keep em and keep it pushing. This era is over unless they decide to be actually smart and trade for some solid role players who can contribute for the next 2-3 years

There's nothing in their MO that states they will do this

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Nikka how TF can you ever trust this front office to actually make the correct decisions in a reboot?

The saving grace for the Lakers was that a GOAT level player wanted to play here. Any other superstar and they are below Clippers status right now.

This is what I don't understand.. y'all call for a reboot ASAP while the development, GM, medical staff, are some of the worst in the NBA while having the "poorest" owner in the NBA
Front office assembled a team that got us a ring, and almost a 2peat if silver didn’t fukk the Lakers and the Heat by having this short off season which fukked up AD’s already injury prone body.
GOAT level player got us in this shyt by pushing for Westbrook. Had we not maybe we can get Kyrie then or back in August.
:manny:

Below Clipper status? We didn’t trade away a player like SGA for the kawhi PG broke body injury combo man cmon miss me with that shyt :dead:

Yall wanting the FO to do more dumb shyt after they let Bron get into their ear for Westbrook and conveniently ignoring the fact that it doesn’t mean shyt if AD isn’t healthy

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Front office assembled a team that got us a ring, and almost a 2peat if silver didn’t fukk the Lakers and the Heat by having this short off season which fukked up AD’s already injury prone body.
GOAT level player got us in this shyt by pushing for Westbrook. Had we not maybe we can get Kyrie then or back in August.
:manny:
Incorrect Bron and AD playing out of their minds won us a ring.. I remember the FO being enamored with Kawhi so bad that we missed out on better options in FA.

They pivoted late and it only worked cause Bron was the best player in the NBA and AD was probably the 2-3rd best

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps

What does that have to do with what I said? I just said they weren't gonna trade Russ if they can't get a star and Kyrie is the only one available.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Yall wanting the FO to do more dumb shyt after they let Bron get into their ear for Westbrook and conveniently ignoring the fact that it doesn’t mean shyt if AD isn’t healthy
You ain't reading right, cause we want the Lakers FO to make smart depth decisions with those picks and the Lakers brass has already stated multiple times they aren't doing it unless there's a move that turns us into title contenders aka a star

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Incorrect Bron and AD playing out of their minds won us a ring.. I remember the FO being enamored with Kawhi so bad that we missed out on better options in FA.

They pivoted late and it only worked cause Bron was the best player in the NBA and AD was probably the 2-3rd best
The entire team was good enough and should not have been blown up.
That front office built that team despite kawhi fukking us over with Bron. End of the day we still got a ring.
shyt even when the team was blown up and we got schroder and trez we make it at least to the finals if AD doesn’t go down but he did and Bron and em pushed for Westbrook and this is where we are at

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
What does that have to do with what I said? I just said they weren't gonna trade Russ if they can't get a star and Kyrie is the only one available.
They were talking with other teams before the kyrie news blew up. Russ is still probably going to be traded