Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
The entire team was good enough and should not have been blown up.
That front office built that team despite kawhi fukking us over with Bron. End of the day we still got a ring.
shyt even when the team was blown up and we got schroder and trez we make it at least to the finals if AD doesn’t go down but he did and Bron and em pushed for Westbrook and this is where we are at
Danny Green was really bad during stretches, we got lucky with Dwight otherwise our front court would have been a MASSIVE problem. We got extremely lucky that Rondo got hot in the bubble, and we got lucky that Caruso was actually decent

Morris, Danny Green, Avery Bradley, were all "meh" signings.. and really each took a drastic dip the following year and beyond

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Danny Green was really bad during stretches, we got lucky with Dwight otherwise our front court would have been a MASSIVE problem. We got extremely lucky that Rondo got hot in the bubble, and we got lucky that Caruso was actually decent

Morris, Danny Green, Avery Bradley, were all "meh" signings.. and really each took a drastic dip the following year and beyond
Danny Green still ran through screens scrambling the defense...

This offense they running is too stagnant....the amount of good trades they had (miles, buddy) or buddy for kuz....

It's criminal how they made no good move...

But..I think they are just tired of LBJ and wants him to request the trade while doing minor moves

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Danny Green still ran through screens scrambling the defense...

This offense they running is too stagnant....the amount of good trades they had (miles, buddy) or buddy for kuz....

It's criminal how they made no good move...

But..I think they are just tired of LBJ and wants him to request the trade while doing minor moves
No they are just that incompetent.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
The Mavs offer was good but the Lakers two unprotected firsts is a superior package (they could have rerouted Russ to a third team like the Jazz or Spurs and sent the Nets role players and a pick that projects to be better than Dallas'). They could have got this deal done but I understand the hesitancy, spending the last of your assets on a player as mercurial as Kyrie who isn't locked into a contract is risky business.

I also don't think they were ever serious about competing this season. They knew this team wasn't good enough and gaslit the fans into thinking they were open to trading Russ and picks for upgrades but they continue to balk at the finish line (Jazz trade over the summer, Buddy/Turner trade, both Kyrie trades). I understand why given AD's injury history and Bron's age but it's a shame considering how well both have played. I think they should move on from both this summer.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The Mavs offer was good but the Lakers two unprotected firsts is a superior package (they could have rerouted Russ to a third team like the Jazz or Spurs and sent the Nets role players and a pick that projects to be better than Dallas'). They could have got this deal done but I understand the hesitancy, spending the last of your assets on a player as mercurial as Kyrie who isn't locked into a contract is risky business.

I also don't think they were ever serious about competing this season. They knew this team wasn't good enough and gaslit the fans into thinking they were open to trading Russ and picks for upgrades but they continue to balk at the finish line (Jazz trade over the summer, Buddy/Turner trade, both Kyrie trades). I understand why given AD's injury history and Bron's age but it's a shame considering how well both have played. I think they should move on from both this summer.
Like who?

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Like who?

Apparently the Lakers didn't include their two first rounders in their offer. Both unprotected Laker picks and Russ is a better package than what the Nets ultimately got but if the Nets were insistent on a deal that would help them win now the Lakers and Spurs made sense as partners. The Spurs would need to send Nets $20 million in salaries to fit Westbrook (Richardson/Collins for example) and the Nets would get a massive trade exception and wipe out their luxury tax bill. They could have used the trade exception and other assets (including the Lakers first) to make more deals.

but the fact that they even needed a third team is why the Dallas trade made sense. Just an easier deal to make with less moving parts. I think Lakers would have been a lot more aggressive though if they knew Kyrie would agree to an extension.

Last edited:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Russ should be sent home for his own sake, traded or not. Don't humiliate the man anymore. The guy has played every role and has his coaches and teammates publicly wanting a trade. Let him go.

i've been shytting on Russ for a min now but he's been a pro, even with how bad he's playing. Bron and them are on some bytch ass shyt, dapping him up and acting friendly but humiliating him online and pretty much publicly requesting he's gone. not too many people would handle it like russ did.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pelinka will have to get us Dame to redeem himself. If not, he fukked us. There's no other trade than getting Dame that is as good as getting Kyrie.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Pelinka will have to get us Dame to redeem himself. If not, he fukked us. There's no other trade than getting Dame that is as good as getting Kyrie.
:unimpressed: yes he fukked us by not throwing everything away for a headcase that wouldn’t even take a two yr extension to give us a guarantee. He fukked us by not doing the same shyt the Lakers did for Dwight Howard who walked out on us.
On top of that WE GOT OUTBID BY THE MAVS WITH STARTERS EVEN WITH WHAT WE WAS READY TO GIVE UP IF KYRIE HAD AGREED TO A 2 yr extension
I understood if it was Dame that was with the Nets and asked out and wasn’t wilding but nah its kyrie who burned 3 teams. He left by forcing himself from that Bron team when Bron was still a monster, but you want to give him benefit of the doubt with a older Bron, and an injury prone AD when he could walk with ease
God damn fukk IS WRONG WITH YALL :bryan:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
i've been shytting on Russ for a min now but he's been a pro, even with how bad he's playing. Bron and them are on some bytch ass shyt, dapping him up and acting friendly but humiliating him online and pretty much publicly requesting he's gone. not too many people would handle it like russ did.
It's a business. that's his job. he knows the deal, and he's getting paid $47 million to compensate for his play.

I'm very pro player, and there hasn't been anything that Bron, AD and other players have done thats says they are being bad teammates to Russ. He just doesn't help them win games