Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Raptors traded for him at the start of the season no? Plus I don’t think Kawhi is that vocal of a guy. Plus Kawhi isn’t a headcase like Kyrie is who burned 3 teams with his fukkery
It doesn’t matter when they trade for a guy …if a team is desperate enough to want you becuse they feel you put them over the top they’re going to trade for you regardless of the talk you give to them …Raptors won a chip and Kawhi still bolted ..I’m sure Masai doesn’t regret the decision… it’s called a gamble for a reason

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Lakers fan and give Bron shyt all the time lmao. I'm more concerned with winning no matter what. We have made the playoffs twice in the last decade fam. I'm over losing.
So you need to understand
AD IS INJURY PRONE AS fukk THE MINUTE HE GOES DOWN WE ARE fukkED EITHER WAY!
Kyrie given his track record could’ve potentially fukked us this off-season after we have given all these picks and also don’t forget is injury prone too(don’t think he played more than 12 straight games since he got to the nets)
So what happens when AD goes down and we lose in the playoffs and next season we are completely asses out cuz kyrie left and we don’t have reaves nor christie and even less picks with an aging Bron and an injury prone AD.
This move was not it. Kyrie could’ve helped out by agreeing to a two yr extension but even then this all banks on AD’s health again.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
It doesn’t matter when they trade for a guy …if a team is desperate enough to want you becuse they feel you put them over the top they’re going to trade for you regardless of the talk you give to them …Raptors won a chip and Kawhi still bolted ..I’m sure Masai doesn’t regret the decision… it’s called a gamble for a reason
Sure but Raptors had things to give out for Kawhi we barely have crumbles and on top of that we have AD’s who’s already injury prone too so him going down again this yr would fukk everything up. Raptors were in a better position than us to mitigate Kawhi walking out on them.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Not necessarily…it didn’t stop the Raptors from trading for Kawhi :manny:

Raptors traded for him at the start of the season no? Plus I don’t think Kawhi is that vocal of a guy. Plus Kawhi isn’t a headcase like Kyrie is who burned 3 teams with his fukkery
And it was a no-brainer swap for a team that had maxed out.

Derozan, Poeltl and a top-20 protected first for Kawhi and Danny Green. They basically just swapped out Derozan for Kawhi and put massive protections on their first. That's nothing like what Brooklyn wanted for Kyrie with 30 games left in the season.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Jazz and the Raptors

Lakers are not getting star ya‘ll gotta forget that

Dame is not asking out

They gonna have to see if the can get a PG and two swing man SFs that can shoot. Some rotation dudes
They aren't getting a star and I don't want them to get a star.. however THE FRONT OFFICE WANTS A STAR IN RETURN FOR THOSE PICKS.

This is about what the front office has stated in the past that they wont trade the 1st round picks unless it's a move that will turn us into Championship contenders.. now what does that actually mean? He means the front office can look at anyone that's not a star and basically say "that doesn't move the needle for us to be title favorites.. sorry fans!"

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Also if AD’s health wasn’t an issue we probably go all in for Kyrie.
Then again if AD’s health wasn’t an issue we don’t lose vs the Suns get to the NBA finals for a title defense either win or lose, but Westbrook isn’t acquired, and we have more assets.

fukking Brittle fukk :mjcry:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Exactly, we can still make something happen. Sure, I can admit that I would’ve loved to see Kyrie on the Lakers just to see what that would’ve looked like but we can’t act like that was THE make or break move.

Making this team even deeper/more balanced may prove to be the better route in the end.
The era of big 3 teams is essentially over anyways. Just need some quality role players surrounded by two superstars. Honestly I think Lakers just need to add one more 3-and-D player and they good for right now.:manny:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Sure but Raptors had things to give out for Kawhi we barely have crumbles and on top of that we have AD’s who’s already injury prone too so him going down again this yr would fukk everything up. Raptors were in a better position than us to mitigate Kawhi walking out on them.
The Raptors didn’t just give out scraps ..they gave away tangible assets Derozan was a legit allstar and homegrown in regards to nba development… they didn’t have 2 All NBA players to pivot to in the event he bolted like the lakers do …if you don’t like AD and Bron that’s a personal assessment but the raptors definitely weren’t in a better place to take the risk they just were willing to do it and it worked ..same as what the Mavs are currently doing …it’s a risk reward game you can’t be safe all the time

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
And it was a no-brainer swap for a team that had maxed out.

Derozan, Poeltl and a top-20 protected first for Kawhi and Danny Green. They basically just swapped out Derozan for Kawhi and put massive protections on their first. That's nothing like what Brooklyn wanted for Kyrie with 30 games left in the season.
That’s because the lakers cant send them back a Demar Derozan quality player like the raptors did obviously

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
They aren't getting a star and I don't want them to get a star.. however THE FRONT OFFICE WANTS A STAR IN RETURN FOR THOSE PICKS.

This is about what the front office has stated in the past that they wont trade the 1st round picks unless it's a move that will turn us into Championship contenders.. now what does that actually mean? He means the front office can look at anyone that's not a star and basically say "that doesn't move the needle for us to be title favorites.. sorry fans!"
I remember that..

They gonna have to make one of those picks lottery protected.

We gotta sit back and see how it plays out

Fascinating

Last edited:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
If Kyrie was a star that barley missed games I could see the bright side of trading the 2 picks on a gamble, but he misses games because the weather didn't feel right that day and he's injury prone. You trade all that for Kyrie and he gets injured or decides to take more time off where you go from there? There's not a star player to get before feb 9, but there are ways to at least improve the roster.
Kyrie has been pretty much healthy this entire year, dude needed to be on his best behavior for 30 more games plus the playoffs to even have a shot at signing a long term deal with anyone. LeBron can easily demand a trade this off-season and none of that shyt even matters, he’s the only reason why stars are even looking in our direction

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
The Raptors didn’t just give out scraps ..they gave away tangible assets Derozan was a legit allstar and homegrown in regards to nba development… they didn’t have 2 All NBA players to pivot to in the event he bolted like the lakers do …if you don’t like AD and Bron that’s a personal assessment but the raptors definitely weren’t in a better place to take the risk they just were willing to do it and it worked ..same as what the Mavs are currently doing …it’s a risk reward game you can’t be safe all the time
Raptors were in a better position asset wise for the future than we are now.
Raptors didn’t have someone like AD who is the glue to us getting a title who’s health was questionable.
Raptors were able to draft a scottie barnes eventually we wouldn’t be able too :manny: cuz a lot of our picks are gone

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That’s because the lakers cant send them back a Demar Derozan quality player like the raptors did obviously
I'll remind you what SA did with Derozan on the roster: One playoff appearance in three years.

They haven't made the playoffs since 2018-19.