Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It's a business. that's his job. he knows the deal, and he's getting paid $47 million to compensate for his play.

I'm very pro player, and there hasn't been anything that Bron, AD and other players have done thats says they are being bad teammates to Russ. He just doesn't help them win games
You can advocate for a trade privately without tweeting publicly, that's just not a good look with a player still on the roster. He did this with the AD trade too.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

Not gonna be shocked at all if the Lakers do nothing before the trade deadline, then aren't able to get much in FA, and thus bring Russ on a "team friendly" contract

Would love to see everyone else posting ITT that keeps throwing their cape on for the FO, what their reaction is gonna be.. would hate it for the team, but it's gonna be a lot of "I fukn told you so" when it comes to how bad this FO is

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna be shocked at all if the Lakers do nothing before the trade deadline, then aren't able to get much in FA, and thus bring Russ on a "team friendly" contract

Would love to see everyone else posting ITT that keeps throwing their cape on for the FO, what their reaction is gonna be.. would hate it for the team, but it's gonna be a lot of "I fukn told you so" when it comes to how bad this FO is

Why would Russ re-sign here though? I don't think Russ likes being here.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People in here claiming to be fans ok with the mediocrity kill me. In for another rebuild after making the playoffs twice in 10 years lmao. You nikkas make me sick. Be proud of the same front office holding steady that let Caruso go for free and chose Lonzo bum ass over Tatum. :scust:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
People in here claiming to be fans ok with the mediocrity kill me. In for another rebuild after making the playoffs twice in 10 years lmao. You nikkas make me sick. Be proud of the same front office holding steady that let Caruso go for free and chose Lonzo bum ass over Tatum. :scust:

Going back they also let Randle walk for free, could have easily extended him and got a pick or something in a trade. Despicable

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Why would Russ re-sign here though? I don't think Russ likes being here.
Where is Russ gonna go? I'd love to know the market for him, and I'm gonna assume it's not much

Also Rob/Jeannie just might give him a higher team friendly deal than most others. They like him for whatever reason

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Apparently the Lakers didn't include their two first rounders in their offer. Both unprotected Laker picks and Russ is a better package than what the Nets ultimately got

Based on what tho? … the Mavs already gave them 1 pick so that’s equal and then DFS and Dinwiddie alone are better than a future draft pick 5 years down the road that no one knows the fate of… especially for the lakers who always star chase

but if the Nets were insistent on a deal that would help them win now the Lakers and Spurs made sense as partners. The Spurs would need to send Nets $20 million in salaries to fit Westbrook (Richardson/Collins for example)
Richardson isn’t better than Dinwiddie and he’s a free agent this summer ..Collins is always hurt and isn't better than DFS even when healthy …this is what I’m saying when you actually start looking at actual available players not just concepts it falls apart
and the Nets would get a massive trade exception and wipe out their luxury tax bill. They could have used the trade exception and other assets (including the Lakers first) to make more deals.
What massive trade exception? They’d have to take nothing back in salary to create a “massive” TPE which obviously wouldn’t be the case if you’re saying they’d be taking back 2 players …additionally they ended up getting 2 TPEs in this Dallas deal anyways
but the fact that they even needed a third team is why the Dallas trade made sense. Just an easier deal to make with less moving parts. I think Lakers would have been a lot more aggressive though if they knew Kyrie would agree to an extension.
I don’t think it would have mattered as the Nets simply preferred the Mavs deal becuse the value was better

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
You can advocate for a trade privately without tweeting publicly, that's just not a good look with a player still on the roster. He did this with the AD trade too.
Man fukk Russ …what’s not a good look is his shytty ass field goal percent I’d be publicly begging for his removal if I were them nikkas too :camby:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Why would have to extend him? The fukk is this nikka talking about lol ..even if they resigned Rui it’s not like he’s goin to get a max …you take the remaining money after Rui is signed and go get a player less toxic than Russ not keep him