Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Some of you hesitant brehs don't seem to understand the math here, so let me help you out.

LeBron, AD and Kyrie are all ~27 PPG players. That's potentially SEVENTY EIGHT TO EIGHTY ONE POINTS ON ONLY THREE GUYS.

To get to over 100 PPG every game, the remaining 9 guys only have to average 2.77 PPG.

Take some time to let that sink in.

This is as no brain as a no brainer gets. Send Brooklyn everything they want not named LeBron, Davis, Schroder, Hachimura and Bryant.

:martin:

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Some of you hesitant brehs don't seem to understand the math here, so let me help you out.

LeBron, AD and Kyrie are all ~27 PPG players. That's potentially SEVENTY EIGHT TO EIGHTY ONE POINTS ON ONLY THREE GUYS.

To get to over 100 PPG every game, the remaining 9 guys only have to average 2.77 PPG.

Take some time to let that sink in.

This is as no brain as a no brainer gets. Send Brooklyn everything they want not named LeBron, Davis, Schroder, Hachimura and Bryant.

:martin:

AD and Kyrie are fragile. Both of them will miss 10 games, second half of the season.

This isn't as guaranteed as one may imagine.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I'm just not convinced he'd be a seamless fit even if they got him for nothing. You know who has taken the most shots on the Nets the last three seasons? Kyrie. He's never "sacrificed" beyond second option usage and that's not to mention his indifference to defense.

Kyrie still wants max money. He wouldn't get to LA and limit himself to 12 shots a game when he's still trying to get paid. Everything in his history shows he's about himself first and foremost.
Kyrie took more shots than KD season 1 because KD was hurt. KD took more shots than Kyrie season 2. This is only true for this year. Asking an efficient 27 ppg scorer to take 12 attempts would be stupid lol. 3 guys can exist and LeBron at 38 should not be expected to carry such a huge load. I am not sure how much longer ppl are expecting him to go full gear for regular season games. This would benefit LeBron as well.

This trade does not cost us any depth, we still have plenty of 2nds to add more depth. You are essentially replacing Russ with Kyrie who has won with not only LeBron but shown you what he can do at that stage. Having an elite guard makes it easier for everyone else.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Kyrie took more shots than KD season 1 because KD was hurt. KD took more shots than Kyrie season 2. This is only true for this year. Asking an efficient 27 ppg scorer to take 12 attempts would be stupid lol. 3 guys can exist and LeBron at 38 should not be expected to carry such a huge load. I am not sure how much longer ppl are expecting him to go full gear for regular season games. This would benefit LeBron as well.

This trade does not cost us any depth, we still have plenty of 2nds to add more depth. You are essentially replacing Russ with Kyrie who has won with not only LeBron but shown you what he can do at that stage. Having an elite guard makes it easier for everyone else.

Kyrie averaged 21 shots a game to KD's 20. He averaged more shots every season. He even averaged more shots than LeBron in Cleveland. This guy isn't sacrificing shyt because he wants a contract and he hasn't moved the needle in the playoffs since Cleveland either.

I'll take him if it's for next to nothing but any unprotectred picks and I'm getting cold feet. NOBODY else in the league is giving up anything of value for him.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
You ungrateful sons of bytches don't deserve Kyrie
Otis.png

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Kyrie averaged 21 shots a game to KD's 20. He averaged more shots every season. He even averaged more shots than LeBron in Cleveland. This guy isn't sacrificing shyt because he wants a contract and he hasn't moved the needle in the playoffs since Cleveland either.

I'll take him if it's for next to nothing but any unprotectred picks and I'm getting cold feet. NOBODY else in the league is giving up anything of value for him.
KD has never shot more than 20 in his life, that says more about KD than Kyrie lol. KD is known to care about his efficiency and choose his spots. He shot exactly what he has all his career. This has zero to do with Kyrie lol. Kyrie the first option doesn’t move a needle but Kyrie the second and third does. You are also discounting him being the playmaker on those teams vs LeBron playmaking for him here. As much as I like KD, he is not setting Kyrie up like Bron and AD also will have his own gravity to make it even easier for Kyrie. Last time Kyrie played for a big 3, he had 50/40/90.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
KD has never shot more than 20 in his life, that says more about KD than Kyrie lol. KD is known to care about his efficiency and choose his spots. He shot exactly what he has all his career. This has zero to do with Kyrie lol. Kyrie the first option doesn’t move a needle but Kyrie the second and third does. You are also discounting him being the playmaker on those teams vs LeBron playmaking for him here. As much as I like KD, he is not setting Kyrie up like Bron and AD also will have his own gravity to make it even easier for Kyrie. Last time Kyrie played for a big 3, he had 50/40/90.
I just don't trust him and don't see how anyone could be excited for him at this point. There's always a circus going on with him, whether it's something he says/does or he's injured. The guy hasn't moved a playoff series since 2017. He got wildly exposed against the Celtics last spring and his number one priority is getting another big contract. :yeshrug:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
I doubt a trash ass organization like the current Lakers can pull off a deal like this, but the thought of Kyrie with Bron one last time is :wow: