Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Breh.if thats what it cost to get him. We have to do it. We win the title with Kyrie.
dont think they even need all that.. or else they are trading bev too... cuz too many guards... kyrie automatic starter 30+ minutes

if they trade both picks.. its cause Bev is heading somewhere and they are getting a SG in return

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Breh.if thats what it cost to get him. We have to do it. We win the title with Kyrie.
Ain't no way I'm giving up two picks for KyME. Way too unreliable.

Who would be surprised if this team lost in the Conference Finals, Kyrie decided to retire and go on a sabbatical with OJ Mayo, then this team is left with nothing in 2023 or the future?

You can't give this bozo a long term deal either.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, umm, "key role players"? :comeon:

KCP was a key role player who had a fukking horrific 2021 postseason (6-2-2 on 37% shooting and 21% from 3pt). At the time I said that I thought the Lakers shouldn't give him away for nothing, but they really needed to flip him for someone who was more consistent or filled more needs.

Kuzma and Harrell were not "key" role players. Kuzma was a meh body who hurt the team on both ends. Harrell was an energy guy who just looks out of place on any elite team because he doesn't spread the floor and can't play defense. There's a reason he's 29yo and already on his 6th team. Lakers needed to get rid of both of them, they just should have used them in a better trade.

I agree with most of what you said. However, to be fair. The role players won games and play elite-level defense when Bron or AD missed games during the RS...LA had the #1 ranked defense despite Lebron/AD missing a combines 63 games in a 72 games season........Chemistry/Covid Protocol/Injuries all played a role in the Lakers' postseason elimination.

* Lebron/AD were playing at less than 75%...If AD or Lebron was healthy LA would've made it out of the first round despite the teams shooting deficiencies.

* Dennis put up 15.4p/5.8a/1.2s on 44/34/85 shooting during the RS and held it down when AD/Lebron were out.....I think we tend too over exaggerate how bad he was during the playoffs due to the two shytty games he had...In the first 3 games of the Phoenix series Dennis put up: (14,24,20) 19.3p/3.3a on 56/40/80 shooting...That's damn good (the Lakers up 2-1 in the series).....But Dennis was trash in games 4/5...I believe turning down 84m and being in covid protocol twice magnified Laker fans' disdain for Dennis.

* The Drummond signing.....We can't talk about the role players not performing during the playoffs without talking about the role players getting bushed after the Lakers acquired Drummond...Hard to perform when you get benched for no reason. One of the reasons why the Lakers shot poorly during the postseason is that they played Drummond > Gasol

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Bobby Marks on ESPN a few minutes ago saying: Russ, Lonnie, and one first round pick for Kyrie and Joseph Harris.

Do it right the hell now!!!! We’re instantly the NBA title favorites with this move. This is what Robert said he was waiting on to move on the picks. Well, it’s here now!

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Ain't no way I'm giving up two picks for KyME. Way too unreliable.

Who would be surprised if this team lost in the Conference Finals, Kyrie decided to retire and go on a sabbatical with OJ Mayo, then this team is left with nothing in 2023 or the future?

You can't give this bozo a long term deal either.
Would you give up one pick tho? :patrice: