Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Maybe if it was protected.

I look at Kyrie like a serial cheater and Lakers fans right now are the woman saying, "this time will be different." This bozo has been burning bridges for six straight years. Why would it be any different in LA?
This is a good point. Maybe playing with LeBron again would help. That's really the hope I see here

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This is a good point. Maybe playing with LeBron again would help. That's really the hope I see here
It comes down to his contract demands. That's why he wants out of Brooklyn: they're (wisely) putting a bunch of stipulations into his extension talks. The Lakers would be fools to not do the exact same thing and this clown will be pissed about that in LA too.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Maybe if it was protected.

I look at Kyrie like a serial cheater and Lakers fans right now are the woman saying, "this time will be different." This bozo has been burning bridges for six straight years. Why would it be any different in LA?
You are right. He won't change. But by trading for Kyrie it puts us as the heavy favorites this year to win it all.

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Another 3 super star team with no depth. Prob the only one not a fan of the move, if it happens that is

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Does it? He was great in game one against Boston last year then trash the last three games.
He will be a clear 3rd option and has done great next to bron. Nets require him to be a pg, LeBron will be the pg here. It’s a no brainer move basketball wise. Now of the court there is a huge risk cause this man still posting John Stockton and Jordan Peterson clips lol

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He will be a clear 3rd option and has done great next to bron. Nets require him to be a pg, LeBron will be the pg here. It’s a no brainer move basketball wise. Now of the court there is a huge risk cause this man still posting John Stockton and Jordan Peterson clips lol
Who says he'll be content being the third option?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
While I think “Kyrie makes us instant heavy title favorites” is waaaaaaay overstated, I think they have to try to get him…trading picks for some marginal role players never made sense, but at least you can reasonably talk yourself into adding Kyrie putting you in the mix of contenders out west …this also would be the big offseason free agent signing for this summer

You also know Kyrie fukkery will appear at some point, but fukk it

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Another 3 super star team with no depth. Prob the only one not a fan of the move, if it happens that is

The Lakers are deep af with the Hachimura trade :DWILL:

I don't know what games y'all been watching, but the Lakers WITHOUT Kyrie and WITH a bonehead nikka like Russ have been competitive in nearly every game.

Schroder
Kyrie
Bron
Hachimura
AD

Walker
Brown
Gabriel
Bryant
Reaves
JTA
Christie (if we don't deal him)

That's a championship roster, easily best in the West.

Y'all SLEEP :deadrose:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Who says he'll be content being the third option?
His role will be to shoot the ball, he already does that. The other two guys are top two options because they do other things that Kyrie just does not. He fixes a lot of issues for us basketball wise. AD missing time = a legit 2nd option. Clutch time struggles = a legit shot creator. Basketball wise I would do this in a second. I understand why people would hesitate for outside reasons

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
His role will be to shoot the ball, he already does that. The other two guys are top two options because they do other things that Kyrie just does not. He fixes a lot of issues for us basketball wise. AD missing time = a legit 2nd option. Clutch time struggles = a legit shot creator. Basketball wise I would do this in a second. I understand why people would hesitate for outside reasons
I'm just not convinced he'd be a seamless fit even if they got him for nothing. You know who has taken the most shots on the Nets the last three seasons? Kyrie. He's never "sacrificed" beyond second option usage and that's not to mention his indifference to defense.

Kyrie still wants max money. He wouldn't get to LA and limit himself to 12 shots a game when he's still trying to get paid. Everything in his history shows he's about himself first and foremost.