Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

lib123

All Star
Daps
there's 30 games left in the season, why do we need to throw in first picks with russ expiring contract?

:hhh:

Exactly. And assuming a bad team trades for Russ, they'll have cap space to absorb other longer-term bad contracts this summer for picks. That's probably what Danny Ainge is looking to do.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
This is such bad news for this FO... we just need a single shooter brah's someone with size

And now we're gonna be so enamored with Kyrie that we're gonna miss out on legit prospects to help this team and be SOL because we don't have assets to get Kyrie. We are now gonna end up with no one at the trade deadline, with this news I'm convinced of that

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is such bad news for this FO... we just need a single shooter brah's someone with size

And now we're gonna be so enamored with Kyrie that we're gonna miss out on legit prospects to help this team and be SOL because we don't have assets to get Kyrie. We are now gonna end up with no one at the trade deadline, with this news I'm convinced of that
This would be on brand for this front office tbh.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

Kyrie with this team elevates them to straight up contender. Elite scorer/shooter and an underrated playmaker. Plus the Lakers have been his top destination all along. I don’t see why u wouldn’t get that done.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Send Russ and a 1st out for Kyrie and I’ll take that bum Joe Harris back as compensation. He can still shoot and he’ll get much better looks on the Lake Show…

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Kyrie with this team elevates them to straight up contender. Elite scorer/shooter and an underrated playmaker. Plus the Lakers have been his top destination all along. I don’t see why u wouldn’t get that done.
Defense is still an issue, but more importantly the salaries don't match between the teams. The Lakers would actually need to get something back from the Nets in order to match Russ salary.

Nets are still competeting in the East, they wanna win now.. they aren't trying to tank.

So we would need to get another 3rd team involved to trade "win now" players to the Nets while also giving up our picks, while also getting actual equal value back from the Nets??

It's way too much and isn't happening

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Defense is still an issue, but more importantly the salaries don't match between the teams. The Lakers would actually need to get something back from the Nets in order to match Russ salary.

Nets are still competeting in the East, they wanna win now.. they aren't trying to tank.

So we would need to get another 3rd team involved to trade "win now" players to the Nets while also giving up our picks, while also getting actual equal value back from the Nets??

It's way too much and isn't happening

They would match with Harris and Kyrie. And Iunno if they can still compete if they lose Kyrie. Which other players are out there that can allow the nets to sustain the level they’ve been at? They might as well cash in on some picks and use them to land an Allstar in the summer…

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
They would match with Harris and Kyrie. And Iunno if they can still compete if they lose Kyrie. Which other players are out there that can allow the nets to sustain the level they’ve been at? They might as well cash in on some picks and use them to land an Allstar in the summer…
I mean do the Nets roll the dice and say "We don't believe that you'll find a team that you want in the offseason".. They turned their season around when KD/Irving were playing together, competing for a top seed in the East

Do they just continue to play those 2, compete in the playoffs, and work on a deal in the offseason? I feel like that is much more likely than being traded before the deadline.

We are going to lose focus on other pieces in order to get Kyrie tho... I 1000% believe we don't do anything with this news, and that the Nets don't trade Kyrie

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I mean do the Nets roll the dice and say "We don't believe that you'll find a team that you want in the offseason".. They turned their season around when KD/Irving were playing together, competing for a top seed in the East

Do they just continue to play those 2, compete in the playoffs, and work on a deal in the offseason? I feel like that is much more likely than being traded before the deadline.

We are going to lose focus on other pieces in order to get Kyrie tho... I 1000% believe we don't do anything with this news, and that the Nets don't trade Kyrie

I hear you. But I think Kyrie is done in Brooklyn. The Nets simply don’t trust him enough to offer him what he wants and he doesn’t want to stay if he doesn’t get what he wants. So now u run the risk of him straight checking out as he’s been known to do in the past. Peep what he did to Boston…do you really want to roll the dice on a disgruntled Kyrie Irving? He was balling before because he thought they could get it done….now that he wants out you run the risk of him straight saboing the season like Westbrook been doing…