Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
For what LA is giving up this is a good move...If he can just guard his man and hit a catch/shot jump shot that is a major upgrade... Rui has the size, length, and athletic ability to guard wings (6'8 with a 7'2 wingspan).....Added bonus for the Lakers is that they're going to see their merchandise sales go up.

That being said Rui will need to improve his rebounding/team defense and hit the open man on offense.....I like the move.

Last edited:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
For what LA is giving up this is a good move...If he can just guard his man and hit a catch/shot jump shot that is a major upgrade... He also has the size, length, and athletic ability to guard wings (6'8 with a 7'2 wingspan).....Added bonus for the Lakers is that they're going to see their merchandise sales go up.
I didn't even think about this, it was prolly a big factor for Jeannie (relatively) broke ass
:russ:

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Rui vs Reddish

Lakers made the right call right?

Could easily have got Reddish for 2 seconds compared to Rui for 3 seconds.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Rui vs Reddish

Lakers made the right call right?

Could easily have got Reddish for 2 seconds compared to Rui for 3 seconds.
Rui is much less of a gamble than Reddish. Reddish has the higher ceiling but the lower floor. Lakers are in win now mode so the safer bet made sense

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
One good thing about Rui tho is that while his shooting numbers have been kind of up and down for his career his corner 3 point shooting has been pretty damn good over the last two seasons …he’s shooting 42% on corner 3s this year on 42 attempts and shot 44% from the corners on 36 attempts last season …he just needs to stay away from that above the break 3 but those corners will be open playing with LeBron and AD

tay1

All Star
Daps
Three picks is a bit much but I love the acquisition. And we got rid of a guard on a crowded list of guards.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This is interesting becuase his cap hold is like 18 million which means the lakers would have substantially less money to play with in free agency this summer if they are planning to keep him … to me that indicates that they don’t plan on being major players in summer spending and that they’ll likely push hard to leverage that cap space during the trade deadline instead …but we’ll see :ehh:
This is what I'd been hoping they'd do. They were never gonna have the cap space to fill out the team in a meaningful way this summer. Trading for guys now is the best way to build a quality roster.