Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This is interesting becuase his cap hold is like 18 million which means the lakers would have substantially less money to play with in free agency this summer if they are planning to keep him … to me that indicates that they don’t plan on being major players in summer spending and that they’ll likely push hard to leverage that cap space during the trade deadline instead …but we’ll see :ehh:
How's his cap hold $18 million? He's only making like 6.5 this year. That would put his cap hold around 8 or 9.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Westbrook’s 47 million is coming off the books though.

Call me crazy but I don’t expect Russ to be a part of the Lakers’ plans come 2024 and that’s if he isn’t moved by the deadline this year.
Westbrook’s money is coming off the books but with AD and LeBrons contracts being so large (90+ million alone) then the mandatory salary cap holds that every team has to have reserved when they don’t have the minimum amount of players signed that limits their cap space to around 30ish million …but if they’re planning on keeping Rui you have to cut that in half because his salary cap hold is like a placeholder that reduces the amount of free agency money the lakers have to spend

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westbrook’s 47 million is coming off the books though.

Call me crazy but I don’t expect Russ to be a part of the Lakers’ plans come 2024 and that’s if he isn’t moved by the deadline this year.
They legit need to trade him now. Letting that contract and capspace just go is untenable.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
How's his cap hold $18 million? He's only making like 6.5 this year. That would put his cap hold around 8 or 9.
Not how it works my boy …

The following criteria are used for determining the amount of a free agent’s cap hold:

• First-round pick coming off rookie contract: 300% of the player’s previous salary if prior salary was below league average; 250% of previous salary if prior salary was above league average.
  • Bird player: 190% of previous salary (if below league average) or 150% (if above average).
  • Early Bird player: 130% of previous salary.
  • Non-Bird player: 120% of previous salary.
  • Minimum-salary player: Two-year veteran’s minimum salary, unless the free agent only has one year of experience, in which case it’s the one-year veteran’s minimum.
  • Two-way player: One-year veteran’s minimum salary.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Damn... No upside?

As everyone says, he has talent, so they're betting that he has upside. But I don't see it. I don't think he has the bball IQ to be anything more than a microwave scorer / defensive liability off the bench. Some scout labeled him something to the effect of "Worse awareness on both sides of the ball than Nick Young."

he can't be worse than nun.. and he's got length which exactly what Lakers need.. let's hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

He could be a lateral move from Nunn, which is no good cause you gave up 3 picks AND are talking about tying some of your money up with him.

And his length is irrelevant if he has no clue what he's doing on defense.

@FAH1223, tell 'em what you think of Rui.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I would joke that we finally got a real small forward, but Bron should be MVP if the season ended right now.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
As everyone says, he has talent, so they're betting that he has upside. But I don't see it. I don't think he has the bball IQ to be anything more than a microwave scorer / defensive liability off the bench. Some scout labeled him something to the effect of "Worse awareness on both sides of the ball than Nick Young."

He could be a lateral move from Nunn, which is no good cause you gave up 3 picks AND are talking about tying some of your money up with him.

but they need a big wing defender.. when two 6 foot guys are your wing defenders...any teams with a big 2 will cook you.. imagine if they have two big guards...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Rui has a solid midrange game, has improved significantly on catch and shoot from 3. Doesn't get to the FT line nearly enough. Doesn't get a ton of rebounds or steals or blocks for a 6'8'' guy with length.

He has poor awareness and feel on both ends of the court. On offense, he has tunnel vision and misses open teammates. He isn't doing it because he's selfish, its because he has a poor feel even though he has shown he can make a nice pass from time to time.

On defense, he can guard his man.

But he gets lost in team defense.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I love this trade for the Lakers . There's a reason why wizard kept him during his mental health era.. we really got Rui for Nunn and some 2nd-rounders. He's the ultimate competitive player - does everything well other than scoring flashy. If he's not making a bucket, he's probably actively making other plays, and he makes buckets very efficiently. His talent will be welcomed when his teams are always much better on both sides of the ball whenever he's on the court. He's like a curly hair version of MPJ.

Lakers did well

Fred

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

This sounds exactly like Lonnie Walker and why I don't really like him on this team.

The from the analytics I've seen he is a slight above average defender overall so that's a plus.

If his shot holds up I think he could be good starting next to Bron and AD.

But I do understand your concerns and I'm skeptical as well.