Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Idk why people can't understand this... It's about the spacing that him and Turner provide!! Plus with Turner that interior defense and rebounding will be an added plus as well

I mean my god they both fix major issues with this team
Very simple concept

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Look at this dumb ass :mjlol:
FflyzOcXkAINpBX

:umad:

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
i don't think people think that turner and buddy won't improve the Lakers... the issue is the pricetag on turner and buddy.. I'd do that trade right now if it was just Westbrook... but adding the picks. :chiefkief: nah.

It’s not like the Lakers are going to pick and develop that talent well. The organization and fan base has no patience for it.

Brandon Ingram looks like KD and he never would’ve made it in lakers organization

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
i don't think people think that turner and buddy won't improve the Lakers... the issue is the pricetag on turner and buddy.. I'd do that trade right now if it was just Westbrook... but adding the picks. :chiefkief: nah.

Exactly, plus not only will the price potentially drop but we might we a chance at other contributors on the cheap.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It’s not like the Lakers are going to pick and develop that talent well. The organization and fan base has no patience for it.

Brandon Ingram looks like KD and he never would’ve made it in lakers organization

We actually do have the patience. I can safely say that majority of Laker fans had no issue with building through the draft. It was refreshing watching the tank dogs grow.

Once LeBron signed, we already knew that the youth would be sacrificed. Would it be nice to sign a superstar after Bron is gone? Hell yeah! But we proved in the post-Achilles era that we can do a rebuild.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Not if they smarten up and just play like a 90s team. This team would stand more of a chance if they just embraced ugly basketball. :ehh:
I agree to an extent about needing to stop the amount of 3's.. but honestly these are "good shots" that they are taking because the paint is being so immensely packed. Playing like a 90's team isn't gonna win games in this league either tho

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Turner is worth a first round pick. Heild isn't. I wouldn't give up both picks for either of those players. Our best move is to let Westbrook's contract expire. Unless a superstar caliber player becomes available and is worth the 2 picks.
On THIS team, Heild probably is worth a 1st round pick if the goal is to maximize the roster and the window they have now. I don't understand this thinking fans have of letting Westbrooks contract expire and punting this season to next year... to do what exactly? What FA are we waiting for next year, that will win a chip?

And I'm sorry but Rob and Jeanie and that FO don't deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt on their roster construction moves anymore. They are terrible, and that Lakers FO has been terrible for a decade now. They really lucked into that 2020 roster, cause honestly those players were their "Plan B" or "Plan C" after Kawhi didn't sign and Rob panicked picked a bunch of players

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
On THIS team, Heild probably is worth a 1st round pick if the goal is to maximize the roster and the window they have now. I don't understand this thinking fans have of letting Westbrooks contract expire and punting this season to next year... to do what exactly? What FA are we waiting for next year, that will win a chip?

And I'm sorry but Rob and Jeanie and that FO don't deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt on their roster construction moves anymore. They are terrible, and that Lakers FO has been terrible for a decade now. They really lucked into that 2020 roster, cause honestly those players were their "Plan B" or "Plan C" after Kawhi didn't sign and Rob panicked picked a bunch of players
I'm the biggest Pelinka hater on this board. I know how trash he is. We aren't contending even if we make that trade. The roster is too poorly built. We lose those 2 picks we have no other trade assets. None. Buddy Heild isn't a good player. It's not to say that he is an elite shooter to offset his other deficiencies.