Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Some of y'all have never seen Buddy actually play.

This is from yesterday:

I see too many of y'all trying to spin the fiction that this dude won't immediately upgrade the Lakers.

Look at the energy, the ball movement, and the respect he commands on the perimeter, which frees up the paint.

Daps
It can't end like this, brehs.
full

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I personally agree but I have never seen so many ppl call out a GM's job, from media to ex players, etc. The pressure will get to the FO and they will cave in.
I think the plan is to trade the picks in a month or so with the hopes of more than just the Indiana players on the table.. Similar to Morey holding on to Simmons until Harden was available. Team could be dead in the water by then, though.

I think Rob knows he has to make the trade, even if it probably isn't the best use of assets. You gotta put the best roster around Bron and AD so the blame is on them if the team fails. This roster isn't even giving them a chance right now.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shannon was out of his damn mind saying 50 wins was possible. Maybe he knows about an upcoming trade. :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bron literally turned the Lakers future into dust the moment he signed and somehow he's the victim...:wow:

Dude Cleveland Cav'd your whole organization with only a Disney World championship to show for it and you got long time LWO posters in here like :yeshrug:

LWO has to be content with sitting back and watching Bron set records in a Lakers jersey as the only thing to celebrate...while your future continues to burn to the ground.

My God...:wow:

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bron literally turned the Lakers future into dust the moment he signed and somehow he's the victim...:wow:

Dude Cleveland Cav'd your whole organization with only a Disney World championship to show for it and you got long time LWO posters in here like :yeshrug:

LWO has to be content with sitting back and watching Bron set records in a Lakers jersey as the only thing to celebrate...while your future continues to burn to the ground.

My God...:wow:
Reasonable chance NO gets Wemby or Scoot.

All for an exhibition chip and to watch your star player keekee it up with the opps down 27 :mjgrin:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
There was a short video segment where Laker players were asked if a straw had one or two holes.... and majority answered that it's two :snoop:
So yeah Laker fans, get ready for a long season :sadcam:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Put Nunn, Westbrook, Pat Bev, Gabriel, and Pelink in a trade package

All those mins played and they had below 5 points, how can you call yourself a ball player. You let a DoorDash driver have more points than you.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y'all have never seen Buddy actually play.

This is from yesterday:

I see too many of y'all trying to spin the fiction that this dude won't immediately upgrade the Lakers.

Look at the energy, the ball movement, and the respect he commands on the perimeter, which frees up the paint.

Define “upgrade” in playoff position & championship

lib123

All Star
Daps
If there was as much value as you think, Russ would've been moved already
The problem with Russ is he makes too much money so it's not a simple swap, any team trading will have to give up multiple players.
Lakers can also just sit it out and clear up tons of cap space to take a shot at Kyrie next summer instead of trading an expiring massive contract for bad contracts with more years left

:dead: @ Jazz trading away basically all their young fairly cheap talent for some picks in 5-7 years. They're not that desperate to tank that they need to have a fire sale again they already did that over the summer. If they want to lose games they'll just do like the Thunder have and fake injuries and sit those guys

Westbrook’s expiring $47M contract becomes more valuable as we get closer to the end of his deal. After 20-30 games, more teams will be pushed into re-build mode and trying to get rid of older, solid players on long-term deals to accelerate re-build. Not to mention the allure of increasing lottery odds for Webanyama, the ability to get more draft picks by taking on additional bad contracts with the opened up cap space after Westbrook's contract ends, and the ability to continue selling tickets while tanking (people will pay to see Westbrook, even if team is tanking). More GMs will talk themselves into trading for Westbrook.

Last edited: