Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I’m fine with this team being shytty this year. No one thought the Lakers were more than a play in team at best.

I’m not fine losing additional draft assets along with the capital already given up for Brick just for marginal improvement.

It’s better to let his contract run and use the cap space to improve the team next summer
I personally agree but I have never seen so many ppl call out a GM's job, from media to ex players, etc. The pressure will get to the FO and they will cave in.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Because we know Buddy Hield and Turner are not enough. We also know AD isn't gonna lead shyt after LeBron. There is a window where we are not competing for lottery or winning and just stuck unless some random star decides to come. Waiting this year out can give you a max space and 2 picks to go fully in next season. Trading for Turner also means giving him near max money which he's going to demand. It can get ugly very quick
Idk man.... after watching these first two games, there is ALOT to like about this team. The defense, the heart, the accountability, the younger guys seem to know their roles unlike last year with some of the older dudes

The issue is Russ and shooting.. If the Lakers made 4-5 more 3 pointers they win this game, and that Warriors game is immensely closer. A Turner/Hield lineup frees up the lane for Bron, allows AD to play the 4 on a mismatch, an allows us not to make only 9 three's in a game.. Lakers don't need to be a good or even great defensive team, they just need to not be HORRIFIC

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Pat Bev was damn near shooting 40% from 3 these past few seasons and now he's Russ status

i'm telling u that laker jersey is anti shooter

we'll never have a luke kennard. it's impossible
You guys got him out of his element though. He's getting extended meaningful minutes and way too many touches. That's not who is he at all. He's the tyrant that comes in to give a hot hand or star guard or wing hell for 15 minutes or so and occasionally knock down a three ball. All those heavy minutes, receiving kick outs for threes, and triple the shots that he normally gets in a game is not him. You gotta know what you have and don't have. The same thing applies to Juan Toscano-Anderson

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’m fine with this team being shytty this year. No one thought the Lakers were more than a play in team at best.

I’m not fine losing additional draft assets along with the capital already given up for Brick just for marginal improvement.

It’s better to let his contract run and use the cap space to improve the team next summer

I think the issue is there's a chance, even if slight, that being shytty this year might land Big Vic in the Big Easy :banderas: and I don't think Laker fans want to live with that brutal reality

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Idk man.... after watching these first two games, there is ALOT to like about this team. The defense, the heart, the accountability, the younger guys seem to know their roles unlike last year with some of the older dudes

The issue is Russ and shooting.. If the Lakers made 4-5 more 3 pointers they win this game, and that Warriors game is immensely closer. A Turner/Hield lineup frees up the lane for Bron, allows AD to play the 4 on a mismatch, an allows us not to make only 9 three's in a game.. Lakers don't need to be a good or even great defensive team, they just need to not be HORRIFIC
The shooting is the main issue, and Buddy Hield alone wont fix it. Only way I do it is if Indy is giving us more role players in this deal. I like Myles Turner and think he would make our defense great but when it comes to offense, he is a "fake" shooter. He has shot 34%, 33% & 33% from 3 last 3 seasons. This lineup would still be very horrible in terms of spacing and shooting. You really need 2-3 shooters in this deal. I do like the defensive trio of Bron/AD/Turner though

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You can have a non shooter like Russ but AD shoots just as bad, Beverly shoots just as bad. Walker isn't a good 3 pt shooter either. You can only have one of those in a lineup
LeBron is their best shooter. On most squad that Win, you want him to be your 3rd or 4th best shooter at best.

Then the shooters they got are 3rd stringers on other squads like Reaves and Ryan

AD shooting might be as bad as Russ

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
The shooting is the main issue, and Buddy Hield alone wont fix it. Only way I do it is if Indy is giving us more role players in this deal. I like Myles Turner and think he would make our defense great but when it comes to offense, he is a "fake" shooter. He has shot 34%, 33% & 33% from 3 last 3 seasons. This lineup would still be very horrible in terms of spacing and shooting. You really need 2-3 shooters in this deal. I do like the defensive trio of Bron/AD/Turner though
True he won't by himself... but him on the floor instead of Russ won't pack the paint. I mean Turner is better from 3 than what we're getting from ANY of the team we have right now not named Lebron. I would be happy with anyone else on this team shooting 34% right now lol.

That lineup would be infinitely better in terms of space and shooting. Turner is a better shooter than Russ, can impact better on the defensive end, and allows AD to be defended by a 4. I get what people are saying in that you need 2-3 shooters, and honestly I'd be content with a Matt Ryan for awhile

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

The Lakers got no depth. They aren't a major trade away right now. Even though Turner and Hield makes them a play in team with a decent chance to make the playoffs if healthy which is a issue both Turner especially, cost is critical and Turner is due a contract extension.

I don't see an easy answer for AD. That LA trade killed their depth and the depth they had, was killed worse by the Westbrook trade

lib123

All Star
Daps
LeBron is their best shooter. On most squad that Win, you want him to be your 3rd or 4th best shooter at best.

Then the shooters they got are 3rd stringers on other squads like Reaves and Ryan

AD shooting might be as bad as Russ

What do you think is the solution? If Lakers can find a way to trade for Buddy Hield, Turner, and Eric Gordon there’s some hope IMO.

lib123

All Star
Daps
at this point indiana might ask for 3 picks

Lol ironically enough, Russ’ trade value increases as we get closer to the deadline. Teams trading for Russ don’t care about his performance. Trading for Russ gives them a chance to get off $47M worth of long-term contracts after this season in one fell swoop. There’s a lot of value in that, especially for re-building teams. They can use that cap space to take on more bad contracts with picks attached. Lakers are smart to wait it out.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
What do you think is the solution? If Lakers can find a way to trade for Buddy Hield, Turner, and Eric Gordon there’s some hope IMO.
They need to get quality role players for cheaper rates and develop guys like Miami. Get a guy like Cam Reddish. Guys like Aaron Holiday. Their depth is abysmal. It's going to be hard to win if you are so dependent on an old LeBron.

If the Lakers can sign a ton of guys for a lower rate, they may have a shot.

If I do a trade, it would be something like this

Sexton, Olynk, Marrkeaan and Kessler for those picks.

Gets you a legit 6th man who can start in Sexton

Lauri can play the 3 and 4 like he did for CLE

Kelly gives them a shooter off the bench

Kessler gives them a young talented center they haven't had since Zubac who has more upsides.

For that, I would consider trading the picks for

Not Hield or Turner.

Both of them are overpaid and not that good. Whereas all of the other guys are paid exactly what they are value wise and Sexton is a coup. You basically solve all of the Lakers issue with the Jazz deal. That said, getting the Jazz to do this is only possible if they are winning too many games in a need to tank year.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Because we know Buddy Hield and Turner are not enough. We also know AD isn't gonna lead shyt after LeBron. There is a window where we are not competing for lottery or winning and just stuck unless some random star decides to come. Waiting this year out can give you a max space and 2 picks to go fully in next season. Trading for Turner also means giving him near max money which he's going to demand. It can get ugly very quick

No, we don't "know" that at all.

We just lost by 5. LeBron and AD missed 4 free throws combined. Buddy makes two threes, we win that game.

Game was competitive the entire way. Look at the previous game, and you'll see the same. Difference was, in the first game, the other team actually could shoot, which was literally the difference. You're not keeping Golden State from hitting threes all game. But you can defend them well, and we did-- we just couldn't fight back.

We just shot 9 for 40 from three in a single game. Buddy makes 4 threes a game.

Quick math: Lost by 5 > Buddy makes 4 threes > win by 7.

Turner is a bonus, especially because he gives you size and rim protection when AD is out. The real positive of that trade is Buddy and getting rid of Russ.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No, we don't "know" that at all.

We just lost by 5. LeBron and AD missed 4 free throws combined. Buddy makes two threes, we win that game.

Game was competitive the entire way. Look at the previous game, and you'll see the same. Difference was, in the first game, the other team actually could shoot, which was literally the difference. You're not keeping Golden State from hitting threes all game. But you can defend them well, and we did-- we just couldn't fight back.

We just shot 9 for 40 from three in a single game. Buddy makes 4 threes a game.

Quick math: Lost by 5 > Buddy makes 4 threes > win by 7.

Turner is a bonus, especially because he gives you size and rim protection when AD is out. The real positive of that trade is Buddy and getting rid of Russ.
Buddy doesn't defend and his shot selection is bad and his BBIQ isn't much to write about. He's simply not good.

Turner is good but you gotta pay him and he has to stay healthy. To me, Hield and Turner for Russ is easy but for two 1sts unprotected in the future on a team that's not gonna have Bron. I couldn't do it. No way.

lib123

All Star
Daps
They need to get quality role players for cheaper rates and develop guys like Miami. Get a guy like Cam Reddish. Guys like Aaron Holiday. Their depth is abysmal. It's going to be hard to win if you are so dependent on an old LeBron.

If the Lakers can sign a ton of guys for a lower rate, they may have a shot.

If I do a trade, it would be something like this

Sexton, Olynk, Marrkeaan and Kessler for those picks.

Gets you a legit 6th man who can start in Sexton

Lauri can play the 3 and 4 like he did for CLE

Kelly gives them a shooter off the bench

Kessler gives them a young talented center they haven't had since Zubac who has more upsides.

For that, I would consider trading the picks for

Not Hield or Turner.

Both of them are overpaid and not that good. Whereas all of the other guys are paid exactly what they are value wise and Sexton is a coup. You basically solve all of the Lakers issue with the Jazz deal. That said, getting the Jazz to do this is only possible if they are winning too many games in a need to tank year.

That is a good trade. But not worth those two picks both unprotected.